Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-22, 12:04
Safe Zone: CLOSED

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
jiva21

Questions from a new member here!

Question

jiva21    0

Hey all, my name is Jiva

So glade to become a part of this community, but I have a few questions.

1. I have watch all about role playing but I haven't figured out, who do you let people know you're leaving, like leaving the game in real life. Since all I found from RP tips and tutorials is I shouldn't talk like we're playing a game, that begs the question from me on what I should tell to let people know I'm leaving?

2. In the new comer's guide it says " let them know in chat using OOC (//text) that you are new." I don't quite get that. Do I just type in chat that I'm new?

Sorry if some of these questions might sound stupid to someone, I'm just really new here and wants to see how the community help each other. 

Thanks in advance for the answers. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
Spartan    1236

1. "I'm getting tired. I'm going to find a place to sleep. See ya" then you run into a house or a tree, you make sure no one followed you or attempts to RP with you and then you log off

2. I wouldn't say that you are new in ooc chat. Only use OOC chat when it is absolutly necessary like "//afk for a minute, my cat fell out of the window". No need to say that you are new, people often notice it themselves.

Do you got more questions or scenario's you want to know more about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
Majoo    742

Hello jiva21, to answer your question. If you are in need to leave the game and log off and you're at the time traveling with or close with RPing with anyone you can always ICly say something along the lines of "Hey guys I'm gonna have to leave you traveling without me for now, I'm tired and gonna get some rest" or any other "RP" reason you can come up with that would explain you just leaving. And then you just leave somewhere where you are not in line of sight of the people you've been RPing with and just log off.

As for the OOC I don't think it's necessary to write such things as "//I'm new" or anything similar. But if you are playing with some friends that are not on teamspeak with you, you should be fine to use that first RP thing I mentioned along with OOC //Hey guys I've got to log off (for example)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
jiva21    0

Thanks for the quick answer! No new questions atm. 

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

1. "I'm getting tired. I'm going to find a place to sleep. See ya" then you run into a house or a tree, you make sure no one followed you or attempts to RP with you and then you log off

2. I wouldn't say that you are new in ooc chat. Only use OOC chat when it is absolutly necessary like "//afk for a minute, my cat fell out of the window". No need to say that you are new, people often notice it themselves.

Do you got more questions or scenario's you want to know more about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Spartan    1236

If you got any more questions, do not hesitate to PM me or any support member. You can also jump in the waiting for staff channel in teamspeak and staff will be glad to help you out.

Have fun RPing :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
jiva21    0
2 minutes ago, Majoo said:

Hello jiva21, to answer your question. If you are in need to leave the game and log off and you're at the time traveling with or close with RPing with anyone you can always ICly say something along the lines of "Hey guys I'm gonna have to leave you traveling without me for now, I'm tired and gonna get some rest" or any other "RP" reason you can come up with that would explain you just leaving. And then you just leave somewhere where you are not in line of sight of the people you've been RPing with and just log off.

As for the OOC I don't think it's necessary to write such things as "//I'm new" or anything similar. But if you are playing with some friends that are not on teamspeak with you, you should be fine to use that first RP thing I mentioned along with OOC //Hey guys I've got to log off (for example)

Thanks you! I'm probably sticking to talking in game when meeting someone instead of teamspeak. I'll be sure to keep all the reasons as RP as possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Majoo    742
3 minutes ago, jiva21 said:

Thanks you! I'm probably sticking to talking in game when meeting someone instead of teamspeak. I'll be sure to keep all the reasons as RP as possible!

Didn't mean that you should talk in ts instead of RP. What i meant is that you can always tell people in ts OOC that you're logging off. Of course always RP IG rather then chat in ts.

That's what we're here for, RP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Method    68

Don't forget to pick the best answer by clicking the check mark above the answer that best answers your question, so we know your question has been answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
jiva21    0
11 hours ago, Method said:

Don't forget to pick the best answer by clicking the check mark above the answer that best answers your question, so we know your question has been answered.

Ops, sorry, will do that now.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×