Sign in to follow this  
jason hunter

Shall we change the map?

Should we change the map?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we Change the map?

• Go to Namalsk.
    • Stay on Tanoa.
    • Go to "Other Map" ( tell us in the discussion )

jason hunter    61

It has come to my attention that alot of people want to play desolation but they can't due to the fact that they do not have the Apex DLC. This is one of the many reasons as to why we should change maps....Like Namalsk for example. Other reasons to change maps would be:

- There is more place to edit then on Tanoa.

- The playerbase will increase! (very important that one)

- Namalsk already looks like a post-apocalyptic place

- It's not a huge map ( it's smaller then Chernarus as seen here )

Personally I'm getting a bit sick of Tanoa. It's an good map, but it doesn't really fit the zombie survival we're trying to recreate.

If it were jurrasic parkRP I would be ok with it but zombies?

I know only Chernarus and Tanoa have lootable buildings but the thing is: Namalsk uses alot of buildings from Chernarus.

So I'm leaving the choice to the community. Shall we change scenario so that we'll be able to see more satisfied faces in the community? Or shall we leave them with the missing DLC screen?

Spartan    1227

I agree. I think it will boost the playerbase by alot when we change to a diffrent map, a map you do not have to buy an overpriced DLC for. I'd love to play desolation but i'm not paying 25 euro's for a side project with a few people playing. 

Any other map than tanoa will be fine. Namalsk is great

Sam Fields    156

I've got 2900 hours on arma and I even I don't have Apex

PCJames    202

I love Namalsk to death, I always have. But I dont think this thread will achieve anything, Rolle is very firm on his stance on the map. There's already been many polls and regardless of the results Tanoa was chosen. 

However I think Namalsk would be perfect as this server will have less people and this map is rather small. It's also very hardcore and so Damn cold that it should/would create excellent gritty rp. 

Rolle    2928

I'm not really "firm" about the map, there's just no good alternative :D Everything is a bad quality port from ArmA2 (Chernarus, Namalsk, Taviana, etc) or unfinished beta map for ArmA3 (Esseker, Bornholm). The only two maps that I think are decent enough in terms of quality and size are Taviana and Malden. And we don't have a mission file for Malden :D

Pepe Jones    76

Namalsk is a great map considering the small player base. It would actually make desolation playable instead of walking around in the jungle not meeting anyone for 6 hours. 

Hebi Kotei    343

Vortorsk might also be a shout, in development now by one of the Desolation Redux Devs.

jason hunter    61
Posted (edited)

Wow...that map actually looks pretty sick. tbh

I +1 Hebi's idea

Edited by jason hunter

Spartan    1227
36 minutes ago, Hebi Kotei said:

Vortorsk might also be a shout, in development now by one of the Desolation Redux Devs.

Is the ETA known or is it as vague as the release date of dayZSA 0.63 update?

Helix    40
11 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Is the ETA known or is it as vague as the release date of dayZSA 0.63 update?

its ETA is Q2 2018 unfortunately 

jason hunter    61

well...that's a bit of an issue. I hate the fact that some peeps cant join just because of this flippin DLC.

I was in their posistion once aswell and let me tell you it sucks.

Payninator    10

this map has huge potential people just need to find 23$ any decision someone will complain. i personally dont care which map we all play on i want stability so i dont keep wasting all my time on a map we might change! 

Beni    860

I would play 100%

I'm not paying like 30 notes for a map to play on a server that might not even be around for a while. 

KronicMunky    16
Posted (edited)

The way i see it is the numbers are low, and if changing map fixes that then cool. I like Tanoa. It's neat and well designed. All the arma 2 ports are terrible even in comparison to Altis, it literally is just what it say, ported into the new renderer.

The Namalsk remake i played on about 6 months or so ago on an Exile: Zero server was actually pretty awesome, it had blowouts/emissions etc straight out of the stalker series and i believe the map dev was trying to implement support for BloodSuckers aswell, but i can't really verify that, it's just from what i read at the time. The map was pretty good though, but again, it lacked a complexity that once people started building bases and such, they stood out ALOT! Copy and pasted forests, landscapes and alot of the buildings aren't even from Chernarus, they're straight out of the stalker games themselves! So i have no idea how the loot tables would work with that, i'm no map designer! The map as a whole though has huge bugs with a lot of the structures (falling through floors etc) and there is an underground portion of the map as far as i remember, that players literally fall through all the time. The map hasn't got much Points of Interest so to speak either, and the color palette is quite bleak! 

Malden might be good, but hey, tbh just whatever, i'll play anyway! 

Edited by KronicMunky

Hebi Kotei    343

I have complied a list of some maps that I personally enjoy:

Feel free to respond with more maps and also point out what maps you'll enjoy the most. I will be playing around with the mission file and attempting to port it over to some other maps to see how it works, just got to get past this work week.

Jetwells    0
8 minutes ago, Hebi Kotei said:

I have complied a list of some maps that I personally enjoy:

Feel free to respond with more maps and also point out what maps you'll enjoy the most. I will be playing around with the mission file and attempting to port it over to some other maps to see how it works, just got to get past this work week.

This all the way. Best map out their by far. Hardly anyone knows about it though.

Payninator    10

Ok if we chnage the map please can we do it by friday i know might be a push but that will be a good starting point for everyone

KronicMunky    16
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

This all the way. Best map out their by far. Hardly anyone knows about it though.

+1 for this if it works

1 hour ago, Hebi Kotei said:

Gives them STALKER feels! It says version 0.47 so would map updates wipe persistence/ be a pain in the ass in general? 

Edited by KronicMunky

jason hunter    61
Posted (edited)

Perhaps leave chernobyl Zone out of it. you can only enter 20% of the buildings and it's only half done. (not saying it's a bad map or anything)

Edited by jason hunter

Kerkkoh    49
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Rolle said:

I'm not really "firm" about the map, there's just no good alternative :D Everything is a bad quality port from ArmA2 (Chernarus, Namalsk, Taviana, etc) or unfinished beta map for ArmA3 (Esseker, Bornholm). The only two maps that I think are decent enough in terms of quality and size are Taviana and Malden. And we don't have a mission file for Malden :D

Porting the mission file will take like 30 minutes fyi.

E: If you want me to help with this desolation stuff hmu on steam.

Edited by Kerkkoh

Dr Willsky    170
Posted (edited)

If you guys want I could make a map from scratch ;)

Edited by Dr Willsky

Eagle    409

Tanoa: is a map I gave a shot and I personally enjoyed it.
Namlask: is something I would wish to see as its small and would compose everyone nicely together.
Cherno;would be cool for the classic feels but most buildings are closed off so only cherno +
Panthera:Same points as on Namlask.

vivallion    4

I'd rather not see chernarus, since if i wanted to play that, would go for standalone.

Ender    628

So allow me to make a suggestion. Panthera islands. Originally an Arma 2 Dayz mod map that has been FULLY REMASTERED for Arma 3 complete with custom buildings and Arma 3 buildings and some few arma 2 buildings as well which most are fully enterable.

It hosts a wide variety of terrain and biome's stretching from:

• big Cities,
  • Small countryside villages
  • Lush open Fields,
  • tropical sandy shores, 
  • huge mountains,
  • lush tropical forests, 
  • big airfields and military.
  • recently added snowy Winter version of the map called "Winthera". 

Panthera is currently one of my favorite maps in the entirety of the Arma series. It is created by IceBreakr, the same creator of Lingor.

And get this . . . No 20$ pay wall. Thats right, everything for Panthera is completely free!!, (Excluding the game itsself of course). Only issue i see with it is that it requires CUP terrains in order to run on a server. Which means everyone would have to download CUP terrains in order to play on the server. But thats a necessary Evil for something as beautiful and stunning as Panthera.

The fact that its been remastered for Arma Three makes me SUPER HAPPY. Check out these screen shots and a 17 minute video exploring Panthera.

island-panthera-a3-version-366-1_4.jpg

island-panthera-a3-version-36-1_4.jpg

island-panthera-a3-version-36-2_4.jpg

island-panthera-a3-v335-1_4.jpg

panthera3_arma3_entire_s.jpg

panthera3_arma3_arnold_4.jpg

Sign in to follow this