Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:37

Sign in to follow this  
Joules

The Departed - Post LW Group Interest Thread

Joules    226

I'm going to preface this entire thread by stating that this is nowhere near complete. The lore will be fully fleshed out. I just didn't find it fair to use my internal knowledge of the lore to write something before anyone else has the chance to. The graphics are also a WIP, and the group thread will have more pretty pictures. Any advice off what I present here would be appreciated.

lgJQJnR.png

Group Theme

Spoiler

GIihCaN.png

Lore Extended...

Spoiler

Group Lore Basic - Will be expanded on to something stupidly long and indepth.
"Well its been one hell of a journey. I mean, look at what we've dealt with. I never expected that I'd actually have to evacuate the Embassy. It all started with the Russian aggression. We, the state department, figured it best to not evac and instead stick around to assist US citizens here. Then the news broke. The infection... Airports were closed and it seemed we might just be trapped here. We requested evac, and the steps went into action." 

"Everything within the Embassy went pretty damn smooth. We destroyed anything that could be used by looters or the Chernarussian State, loaded into our humvees and sedans and took off. We had a health size amount of US citizens who were being evacuated. Some stayed behind upon learning their Chernarussian loved ones weren't being evacuated. We arrived at Novigrad International Airport, having permission from the Chernarussian Government. As we drove, we encountered  a hail of violence from desperate citizens. Since we are still here, obviously the evacuation did not go as planned. We waited and waited, and nothing arrived. The locals were getting restless and we had to abandon the city. Quickly we drove out of Novigrad and recovered outside the city limits outside of an abandoned gas station. We decided our next move."

"Kirvograd was the plan. NATO forces were there, to the best of our knowledge. By the time we arrived however it was over. We saw the bombings. Scared, we needed a new plan. Miroslavl was one idea proposed, but we decided going there wouldn't help us get evacuated. We decided it was safest to attempt to travel to South Zagoria. Based on information available to us, NATO troops were in the area, and earlier the United States had deployed troops to Chernogorsk and Elektrodvsk from Utes. If they could arrive in South Zagoria, then obviously they would be able to get us out."

"Then the attack happened. On our way to South Zagoria, the first Humvee in convoy exploded and a hail of gunfire peppered our vehicles. Everyone scrambled. For a week, we searched for each other and a way to get out of the country. So far we have found a few of us. God help us all."

yIziZYF.png

The Permadeath of Henry Nielson

Spoiler

"When it comes to permaing characters, I see it like this. Not only is it a way to give your favorite stories the ending they deserve, it’s also a great tool when it comes to furthering the stories of the people around you and the groups you’re involved in. I could give you several examples of that, but I’ll limit myself to just one so you won’t have to read a wall of text.

A while ago, I played a character named Henry, who had only one real friend in the world. Some time into the apocalypse, we got captured by a group of 10-12 people who somehow got the idea that we’d offended them. All we did was give them a car, but I’m not here to explain the logic behind their thoughts. Anyway, they had us in the middle of the woods, tied up on the ground along with a stranger who we met right before they captured us. After about an hour of hostage RP, they got word that some third party was tracking them down, and they decided to move their hostages. They untied me first, and I somehow ended up on the outskirts of the circle of people, just standing there as they got ready to move. I looked behind me and saw that they untied my friend, and so I pulled a knife and stabbed the guy next to me a couple of times, before I legged it through the woods. After some running, I took two shots to the torso and started to bleed, but I kept running for another two minutes before they finally got me in the legs. As they approached me, my screen was completely grey, and I was still bleeding. I was less than a minute from death, I’m sure. So, as they approached me and started saying shit like “Why did you do that?” “We could have been friends!”, I got up on my knees, told them to go fuck themselves, and stabbed myself in the throat.

Now, the main point of this is what happened after I ran. When I bolted, all but two of them followed me into the woods, and the two who were left were too confused to keep an eye on my friend. So, my friend legged it in the opposite direction and actually got away, and eventually met the stranger who was with us, who then told him what had happened to his friend (me). Not only did that incident bring some huge changes to his character’s personality, it also affected where his story went from there. This is the kind of shit you should keep in mind when you consider a permadeath.

Another thing to keep in mind, maybe the most important thing, is it the end of a storyline, or the beginning of a new one? You have to consider what kind of potential for RP your permadeath brings. Does it bring potential for further RP with people not in the group? Or does it bring potential for our friends and our group to develop their characters." - Oyface

Zj5a3RQ.png

Spoiler

The group will function on an IC and OOC recruitment basis. Currently, we are seeking people who can RP as 
former Employees of the United States Embassy to Novigrad, Chernarus. For example, we are looking for 
people who can make characters that were either Consular Officers, Economic Officers, Management Officers, 
Political Officers, or Public Diplomacy Officers. Here is a link that lets you go deeper into the subject. 
Here is a link to a quiz that can place you in a career track. 

Send a PM with the following format to either @Joules or @Method.

OOC Age:
Time Zone:
Past DayZRP Groups:
Character Page Link: 
Why Do You Want To Join The Departed?:

BuAbqjy.png

Spoiler

Joules -  Julia Haas

yellow02486 - SoonTM

Idole - Jenna Saunders

Samti - Válečník lidu VII

Meenmugginlovin - Maybe?

DocofPinewood - Roy Baker

Method - Jeremy Ryan

Grime Stein - Alastair “Redcoat” Muir

Ezra - Ezra Mitchell

Dvlinhb - Laurence Evans

Lewellynmoss - Robert Vogel

FURTHER ADDITIONS TO BE MADE AS WE APPROACH LORE WIPE. THIS IS AN INTEREST THREAD. ANYONE INTERESTED IS WELCOME TO PM US FOR MORE INFORMATION. WE HAVE LOTS OF STUFF INVOLVING THE GROUPS INTENDED DIRECTION THAT ISN'T MENTIONED HERE.

Dew    208
Posted (edited)

Ngl Joules, this thread is type lit.

I have yet to read the lore though.

Edited by Dew

zoyo    64

Hype =^.^=

Static    231

NAO and improved!  Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Puns are fun.

PCJames    152

Damn that logo is sweet! Even being just a interest thread this page looks pretty awesome. 

Idole    176

HYPE

Phoenix    1046

This looks amazing! Good Job on the roster too, some decent RP'ers there :) 

DocofPinewood    32

I have planted the seed so long ago, I hope to watch it grow strong/be apart of it!

Ramon    331

Looks great Joules, love it ;)

HALEZY    85

This looks amazing good look with this! the music makes a great addition, love to be apart of this!

Joules    226
22 hours ago, Dew said:

Ngl Joules, this thread is type lit.

I have yet to read the lore though.

<3 thanx. Yeah there really isn't much to read as of the lore ATM. But if you know anything about me, you'll know by the end of it all, there will probably be like 12,000 words there or something stupid like that. Like I said at the top, I didn't think it was fair to write out my lore if others haven't had the chance to see the server lore yet.

22 hours ago, zoyo said:

Hype =^.^=

You rite u rite

22 hours ago, Static said:

NAO and improved!  Looking forward to seeing this in action.

Puns are fun.

I'll never be able to let the New American Order die will I? It never even got out of group ideas! lmao

It's gonna be punny bringing this IG

22 hours ago, PCJames said:

Damn that logo is sweet! Even being just a interest thread this page looks pretty awesome. 

Danke! If you look hard, you will be able to see Machiavelli's statue, a painting of Cesare Borgia, and the picture of the king from Thomas Hobbes Leviathan in the logo. I like to add little easter eggs that hint to the RP I plan on bringing to the server in the things I do.

22 hours ago, idole said:

HYPE

Hellz to the yeh Big 'ol hypeorino comin atta this thread!

21 hours ago, Phoenix said:

This looks amazing! Good Job on the roster too, some decent RP'ers there :) 

I try, I try... BTW Your graphics look better then mine TBH. Really I'm just rehashing the old enigmas thread lol.

21 hours ago, DocofPinewood said:

I have planted the seed so long ago, I hope to watch it grow strong/be apart of it!

*imitates Roy Baker* ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE IVE SEEN A LIVING PERSON. IVE BEEN IN A BUNKER FOR YEARS! WHERE IS THE CHEDAKI!? 

God I know we've been wanting to do this for so... so damn long. It's going to be lit bringing it to the server.

20 hours ago, Spartan said:

interesting concept and it looks great, love the logo. Best of luck!

I shall try and work with the best of luck that I can. There is so much more to this thread that I can't wait to show through the lore and gradual changes ICly. Gonna be great!

14 hours ago, Ramon said:

Looks great Joules, love it ;)

You better love it, or I'll have my pets test to see if you're immune or not again. :troll:

7 hours ago, Kieran_Hales said:

This looks amazing good look with this! the music makes a great addition, love to be apart of this!

Well, if you're interested go ahead and toss a PM my way. I'm like... almost always in TS so if ya wanna talk I'm all ears.

NOTICE:

Oyface has backed out of the group and will no longer be co-leading the group. Don't pester him with PMs to join. I'll SoonTM edit the thread picture to remove his name.

Joules    226
1 minute ago, Joffrey said:

Must be nice to be able to plan a group for the lore wipe.

What you see here in the thread is just the bear minimum information that hasn't really changed much from what my original conception of the group was back in 2016 when @DocofPinewood and I came up with the concept. As I also said above, I agree that it ain't fair for me having internal knowledge to be planning out a group extensively, hence why I haven't even touched the lore of my group past what had already been decided before the lore wipe was even a thing. Really, the lore of the group is going to be an adaptation of something I wrote as what was planned as a serial novel, but lazy me decided to stop writing it. The first paragraph is just a rewording of that first paragraph. If you or anyone else has any questions about the lore the LM team is free to help. While we still wouldn't be permitted to give out the whole lore, we can help guide ya in the right direction with group creation.

Oyface    309
3 hours ago, Joffrey said:

Must be nice to be able to plan a group for the lore wipe.

It sure seems so, considering so many people are doing it even though they have absolutely nothing to do with creating the lore. ;)

Zero    277
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Joules said:

-snip-

I don't think anyone wants to ask anymore questions they just want to look at the lore already. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Zero

Joules    226
On 7/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, Zero said:

I don't think anyone wants to ask anymore questions they just want to look at the lore already. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welp... now they can. And I can start writing my lore. Fun times to be had by all.

Phoenix    1046

Hey, real quick.
@William is listed on your roster but also on the VDV roster :D 
Who's it gon' be?

Mexi    1018
1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Hey, real quick.
@William is listed on your roster but also on the VDV roster :D 
Who's it gon' be?

VDV.

The one listed on this thread is probably their irl name instead of forum.

Phoenix    1046
Just now, Mexi said:

VDV.

The one listed on this thread is probably their irl name instead of forum.

Yeah he told me he was joining VDV so I was a little confused.
And @Idoles forum name is listed on the roster under Will's so I was just wondering tbh :P 

Joules    226
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Yeah he told me he was joining VDV so I was a little confused.
And @Idoles forum name is listed on the roster under Will's so I was just wondering tbh  

Haven't had time to edit the book. William was oyfaces characters first name. 

SmartyyZ    152

Looks cool! Good luck.