Server time: 2017-08-21, 08:35

Sign in to follow this  
Beni

Lore Wipe Question

Question

Beni    686
Posted (edited)

Sappnin lads and lasses

So, I was having a browse on the forums smoking a spliff the other night right(inside joke, don't ask) , then I noticed @Joffrey said to @Chief something about the lore being released before it drops in 11 days... Can this happen please? Joffrey makes some points about wanting to make a group and wanting to play it on the first day... He makes a fair point about writing lore and such, in fact, I'll get some quotes...

" Cuz 12 days ain't a whole ton of time for us folks w/ jobs n lives yanno? "

He's got a point there.

would be nice to have 12 ish days to get artwork, and relevant planning in order so I can deliver a decent group on release. "

Yeah, this too.

So... @Rolle @Chief @Major @Joules @Ender @Jamie @Oliv @Aiko @Lyca any chance of the Lore being released early? 

If this has already been answered then please link me and I'm a thick cunt and didn't look hard enough still,

Cheers for reading. 

Edited by Beni

16 answers to this question

Oliv    1563

We'll try. I'd love to try and have it out this weekend, as I too feel you guys should be able to have a read of it to make characters.

Beni    686
Just now, Oliv said:

We'll try. I'd love to try and have it out this weekend, as I too feel you guys should be able to have a read of it to make characters.

That's what I'm sayin' Oliv, I've got a lore written for myself and @Boose's characters and I can't write how they got into chernarus because we're yet to know the Lore, so we kind of need it if I'm honest. It's just Pre-Infection atm. 

Oliv    1563

We hear you Beni. We'll do our best to get it out, I know it's close to the wire here.

Beni    686
Just now, Oliv said:

We hear you Beni. We'll do our best to get it out, I know it's close to the wire here.

I mean it'd just make everyone ready for the new lore and as soon as it drops the people who have done all their shit with characters and groups and such can jump in game straight away instead of fuckin' about with their new stuff. 

Joffrey    718

Yeah.. if its this close to the "Wire" as it were.. could we push the lore wipe back?

I feel in unreasonable to assume that we will have a cohesive, and fun RP experience day 1 if we, the player base cannot prepare for it.

Jamie    1181
5 minutes ago, Joffrey said:

Yeah.. if its this close to the "Wire" as it were.. could we push the lore wipe back?

I feel in unreasonable to assume that we will have a cohesive, and fun RP experience day 1 if we, the player base cannot prepare for it.

Smartest suggestion tbh. @Rolle ^

Gisnet6    4

Hey so I was just wondering if there had been any indication of when the new lore would be revealed.  I looked on the forums a bit but I couldn't find a date or whatnot and I was just curious since its 11 days out and I figured it would be out at least 2 weeks ahead of time so I could view it and see what kind of character background would fit well in the "new world".

Not trying to bitch about it being out yet just genuenly curious if it is still in the works, or I just missed it being released or the date talked about ya know?

Idole    179
Posted (edited)

The new lore gets released in 11 days it's not out yet you could try asking a loremasters for hints but I could be wrong but pretty sure the new lore comes out in 11 days but that might change we will wait and see.

Edited by idole

Majoo    645

/Questions merged as they are pretty much the same

Beni    686
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Gisnet6 said:

Hey so I was just wondering if there had been any indication of when the new lore would be revealed.  I looked on the forums a bit but I couldn't find a date or whatnot and I was just curious since its 11 days out and I figured it would be out at least 2 weeks ahead of time so I could view it and see what kind of character background would fit well in the "new world".

Not trying to bitch about it being out yet just genuenly curious if it is still in the works, or I just missed it being released or the date talked about ya know?

-Snip-

Edited by Beni

Chief    597

Look I responded there (in the status update on my profile), I believe we will get it out soon. Just takes some more time. If we had to just go through (one) person to approve something as momentous as this then we would have everything done and out by now. Some people take their time or are too busy to read and approve things as fast as the community at large would like. Jobs, timezones, inactivity, staff duties, sadly even with constant pestering we can't get it out there as fast as people would like.

A lot of this is not in my hands. 

But I am PUSHING as much as I can I assure you @Beni

Beni    686
38 minutes ago, Chief said:

Look I responded there (in the status update on my profile), I believe we will get it out soon. Just takes some more time. If we had to just go through (one) person to approve something as momentous as this then we would have everything done and out by now. Some people take their time or are too busy to read and approve things as fast as the community at large would like. Jobs, timezones, inactivity, staff duties, sadly even with constant pestering we can't get it out there as fast as people would like.

A lot of this is not in my hands. 

But I am PUSHING as much as I can I assure you @Beni

Thank's for the reply Chief, I'm sure you're doing what you can, I don't have any reason to doubt that as of yet.

With that being said, I will be solving this.

Rolle    2453

Yeah, it's supposed to be posted before the reset. But I don't know how long before. Might be a week, a few days or a few hours. I still haven't read the new lore or made any changes to it, so WiP.

Joffrey    718

Welp, there it is boys. Organization at its finest. 

Pls don't get mad at the RP of groups for the first few weeks if it's a tad "Iffy".  As we will be working on an unstable foundation.