Server time: 2018-10-15, 13:57

Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye Fero

Being Taken Hostage and Robbed / Bad Quality RP

8 hours ago, Deadeye Fero said:

I have many times come across people heartbroken after a being taken hostage, having to reloot for 2-3 hours to get back what they had before the being robbed. I myself do take hostages sometimes.

Drop this mindset or go play on public servers. Dayzrp is not a place where you're free to loot to your hearts desire, we're here to role-play. 

I've multiple times come across the typical "role-player" who's clearly here for the loot, you can spot them very easily - all black, alice backpack, full of ammunition and so forth. I sometimes strip these people to their pants and shirt and start a fire just to burn the shit that I don't need.

Tip: Wear a shirt, pants and boots perhaps a hat and a primary weapon - that's it. No one will rob you and you can actually role-play with people.

I actually have enjoyed being robbed and taken hostage. Then there are times it's not enjoyable. It never has anything to do with my gear, but the RP I receive. But, all I can control is the RP I put out there and I hope to get something good in return. When you realize all you have control over is that, you start to feel better about things. Walk away with the mindset that "I gave them a good time".

16 minutes ago, Oliv said:

Walk away with the mindset that "I gave them a good time".

Saucy bastard (joke)

But in all seriousness to the OP, it always happens with newcomers (and even regulars) that you feel the need to have gear to RP, this isnt the case. As most people have said you can walk around as a fresh spawn and just RP, getting guns and gear is simply an option. If you dont wanna be robbed, carry around a bolt action rifle, or a sporter. Not a fully decked AKM.

Hello.

Being taken hostage is one of my favorite thinks to do on the server and I have been enjoying every single time it happens. If you RP properly and you try your best to make the RP enjoyable for the others, then they will do the same. You can't expect to get top-notch RP when you are not doing the same. As the others said if you don't want to get robbed that often then don't wear full ttsko with M4A1 and don't be mouthy.

You will enjoy being taken hostage if you get rid of the idea that your gear is everything.

Kind regards,

Smartyy

1 hour ago, SmartyyZ said:

Being taken hostage is one of my favorite thinks to do on the server and I have been enjoying every single time it happens.

I can +1 his statement here. One time he followed my group without having a weapon or friends nearby and was constantly shittalking us to the point where we initiated and had a good hour of amazing hostile RP.

We need more people with the mindset of "I love being taken hostage"
I enjoy it too by the way.

1 hour ago, vivallion said:

I once got robbed over a pair of black gloves.

What's wrong with that? If I'm too lazy to find it myself I will rob someone for it. That's Bandit life.

A couple days ago I was a freshspawn after a firefight and found a lonely person down in Berezino who happened to have one of my favourite Hat's in the game. So I asked him nicely if I could have it. He refused. I then raised my pitchfork at him and told him to put his hands up. I got 10 minutes of cool Hostile RP & a new Hat out of it.

Just now, Phoenix said:

I can +1 his statement here. One time he followed my group without having a weapon or friends nearby and was constantly shittalking us to the point where we initiated and had a good hour of amazing hostile RP.

We need more people with the mindset of "I love being taken hostage"
I enjoy it too by the way.

What's wrong with that? If I'm too lazy to find it myself I will rob someone for it. That's Bandit life.

A couple days ago I was a freshspawn after a firefight and found a lonely person down in Berezino who happened to have one of my favourite Hat's in the game. So I asked him nicely if I could have it. He refused. I then raised my pitchfork at him and told him to put his hands up. I got 10 minutes of cool Hostile RP & a new Hat out of it.

<3 

4 hours ago, Stiflex said:

Drop this mindset or go play on public servers. Dayzrp is not a place where you're free to loot to your hearts desire, we're here to role-play. 

I've multiple times come across the typical "role-player" who's clearly here for the loot, you can spot them very easily - all black, alice backpack, full of ammunition and so forth. I sometimes strip these people to their pants and shirt and start a fire just to burn the shit that I don't need.

Tip: Wear a shirt, pants and boots perhaps a hat and a primary weapon - that's it. No one will rob you and you can actually role-play with people.

If you did read through the responses a little more, you might have noticed that the main point wasnt the gear at all. But rather being taken hostage and stripped of ur gear within seconds, not interacting with the robbers at all. There should be more than "hands up, drop all ur items or we will kill you" and then take your items and run off. A hostage situation should have more depth of quality RP. 

8 hours ago, Glitch said:

Thar be a fine line between realism and ol' fun in DayZRP.

Some people want it to be as realistic as possible but of course we want to have fun. Now in a real apocalypse complaining about being robbed of everything you have is really pointless because as portrayed throughout many games, movies, and tv shows there are no rules. If someone wants to rob you clean down to your pocket lint then they can. In DayZRP there are rules to keep things fun, but that reduces realism when it comes to certain aspects of RP.

As previously stated above, the current lore is going to be going on it's way out the door and some people are just playin' last minute bandit and what not. I understand how annoying it can be to be robbed multiple times within say the same hour or so, but it's realistic. If you don't enjoy it then take the advice of others, only roll with groups or friends OR don't pass through busy towns, be sneakier, and less trustworthy.

On the topic of bad RP or unrealistic RP, there are bad RP bandits. If they didn't give good RP while picking you clean that's a bummer but if you walk into a busy town, approach a larger amount of people than yourself and act all too friendly then you are either a very confident character when it comes to your safety OR you are forgetting the world DayZRP is set in, an apocalypse. Therefore you shouldn't be so trusting to strangers. If you are, that's unrealistic thus bad RP? See where we have come full circle?

That's my spiel, take it or leave it. I am sorry for the bad RP you may have experienced. There are many intricacies in RP, hostile RP, bandits, etc etc. Either way, look forward, and make the game fun for yourself. Bandits make fun for themselves by doing what they do. They also don't know what kind of RP you want, they aren't reading your mind. If you set yourself expectations you will be disappointed because no one knows what you truly what out of your time RPing. RP is also so dynamic you can't always expect to get what you want, you just have to roll along, hope for the best and make the most fun for yourself as possible.

With the lore wipe i hope this changes, cus so far 9 out of 10 robbers has been a really bad RP experience, not only did you get taken off your loot, but there wasnt any form of roleplay interaction, it was just the same af if you were robbed on a normal server. If this is how most bandits are, i might have to start getting myself automatic weapons and start spraying and praying at the 3 guys who are infront of me :P. Cus sometimes i think they dont even pay attention.

2 hours ago, vivallion said:

I once got robbed over a pair of black gloves.

Yeah, you can guess how i felt after that.

Gloveless.

You shouldn't ever really get attached to gear when you play a game where going up a flight of stairs is a risky move of life or death. 

If it's bothering you alot then the only tips I can give are to create a stash and avoid carrying any high grade gear otherwise when you find yourself in these situations be sure to take the advice Oliv gave:

3 hours ago, Oliv said:

But, all I can control is the RP I put out there and I hope to get something good in return. When you realize all you have control over is that, you start to feel better about things. Walk away with the mindset that "I gave them a good time".

Nothing beats the time I got robbed down at that pond next to GM cause the vest I was wearing looked a lot like one of theirs that recently went missing.

They took everything but the vest. 

Edited by Connvexus

11 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

If you did read through the responses a little more, you might have noticed that the main point wasnt the gear at all. But rather being taken hostage and stripped of ur gear within seconds, not interacting with the robbers at all. There should be more than "hands up, drop all ur items or we will kill you" and then take your items and run off. A hostage situation should have more depth of quality RP. 

I did. I generalized the statement so it would work for anyone who has the same feeling which I quoted. It's a golden rule for me personally, if you took any of their shit after initiating, you must provide role-play, otherwise it's badrp and it's reportable - which is what you should and MUST do in order to make shit change, if you don't even talk it out in teamspeak - then they'll never learn and will keep on doing ten seconds robberies just for gear.

11 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

With the lore wipe i hope this changes, cus so far 9 out of 10 robbers has been a really bad RP experience, not only did you get taken off your loot, but there wasnt any form of roleplay interaction, it was just the same af if you were robbed on a normal server. If this is how most bandits are, i might have to start getting myself automatic weapons and start spraying and praying at the 3 guys who are infront of me :P. Cus sometimes i think they dont even pay attention.

The lore wipe will change jack shit. Everything is going to be exactly the same only the setting/time period/groups/names will change. It's nothing short of a glorified reset. Unless the staff actively do quality checks on groups and approve only good ones and root out these robberies - nothing will change. That being said, it's not only the staffs job to improve the roleplay, if someone just robbed you and left you naked, you head over to the staff channel in teamspeak, get their name, talk to them - explain to them that they can't do that shit, if they don't care or do it again - report them and get them banned, perhaps, that way they'll learn.

6 hours ago, Stradic said:

Gloveless.

You shouldn't ever really get attached to gear when you play a game where going up a flight of stairs is a risky move of life or death. 

If it's bothering you alot then the only tips I can give are to create a stash and avoid carrying any high grade gear otherwise when you find yourself in these situations be sure to take the advice Oliv gave:

What bothers me here  is that someone is ready to initiate hostilities over a something small as a pair of gloves.