Server time: 2018-08-19, 09:41

Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye Fero

Being Taken Hostage and Robbed / Bad Quality RP

5 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

Well in that case do you have an idea for what bandits can do better then? In your original post you mention having them take less from their hostages, but that shouldn't matter because its about the roleplay and not the gear.

Thats just an opinion, i dont think bandits should strip u naked. But my with my bad english i was trying to make a point that there was alot of bad rp from the bandits i have met. I would suggest that they interact more with their hostage than just making them press F2, tie them up and take all their stuff and then thats it, almost no interaction other than telling you what to do, it doesnt feel much more different that being taken hostage on a normal server. 

3 minutes ago, Coreena said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think would make the roleplay better? Besides bandits taking "unnecessary gear."

Interacting with the hostage, not just f2 or i kill you. Tie you up and take all ur stuff and run away and also not robbing the same person over and over the same day, that seems pretty extreme.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

@Deadeye Fero Am I invisible or something? I am actively trying to assist you here. 

But considering you mentioned a female hostage taker that sounds like a boy, I am assuming that at one point I took you hostage and know for a fact I only take necessary supplies and even give my hostages their backpacks back at the end of a long and exciting hostile RP session. So completely the opposite to what you mention.

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

@Deadeye Fero Am I invisible or something? I am actively trying to assist you here. 

But considering you mentioned a female hostage taker that sounds like a boy, I am assuming that at one point I took you hostage and know for a fact I only take necessary supplies and even give my hostages their backpacks back at the end of a long and exciting hostile RP session. So completely the opposite to what you mention.

I was taken hostage by a female character which indeed sounded like a boy. But i was actually cool with that experience, i was robbed of alot of my stuff, but atleast it was a worthwhile experience, as there was alot of negotiation and talking. And sorry i didnt see ur previous post, there was tons of people replying... phew.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

4 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

I was taken hostage by a female character which indeed sounded like a boy. But i was actually cool with that experience, i was robbed of alot of my stuff, but atleast it was a worthwhile experience, as there was alot of negotiation and talking. 

Well Im glad you at least enjoyed my RP then lmao.

1 hour ago, Deadeye Fero said:

-snip-

What locations do you usually get robbed at? Give a few examples.

Well I will agree with you, but no one seems to really give a shit about actual role-play or story development anyways so I doubt it will be changing anytime soon. The only redeeming quality in the community at the moment is the banter and some RP to be had if you're one of the few people who attempt to keep the story rolling. I miss the days of ZBOR, The Reapers, and New Moon vs Horsemen War.. Today is all about who can drop the first initiation in a situation and then calling them names that up until recently I thought only twelve years said to me over Xbox Live after I killed them in Call of Duty. Sadly, all things must come to an end I suppose, perhaps the lore wipe will change the game up but I don't have high hopes. 

Just now, Para said:

What locations do you usually get robbed at? Give a few examples.

For the most part Lopatino, Vavilovo, Sosonovka, Severograd. I want to notifiy you, that my point wasnt that i have a problem with bandits taking hostages and robbing them, its the way they do it and the quality of roleplay. Being a huge victim of robberies, i find it frustating to leave with a bad roleplaying experience whilst taken 90% of my gear. 

Just now, Deadeye Fero said:

For the most part Lopatino, Vavilovo, Sosonovka, Severograd. I want to notifiy you, that my point wasnt that i have a problem with bandits taking hostages and robbing them, its the way they do it and the quality of roleplay. Being a huge victim of robberies, i find it frustating to leave with a bad roleplaying experience whilst taken 90% of my gear. 

I wasn't going to say you had a problem with being taken hostage. That being said, the areas you have stated are usually quite busy with bandits as they surround the NWAF / Tisy military bases. You could try avoiding those.

That being said, I know how you feel as i've experienced it before. Though a bandit is free to take whatever they wish from you. I think the stripping of pants is unnecessary but all other items we aren't really in a position to barter for. At the end of the day, this robbery style RP is an alternative to being KoSsed so it is a better alternative as it involves much less running back from the coast. 

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

-USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Hello Bandit Roleplayer Prado residing: 

Pretty much if you don't wanna get robbed don't get on the server, go to a nice PvE server or maybe just go camp out really far by debug. I can only speak for myself I usually give hostile interactions for roleplay and to increase the depth of my character and yes, I something even rob people for realistic things such as, food, shoes, meds, ammo and yes even your grandfathers m4 with 8 coupled mags...

I will say I have noticed that there is an increase of people acting a fool and running away or trying to fight back surrounded by eight killers then tossing up a report for bad rp because they are upset because "THEIR" roleplay got ruined? If you wanna value your characters life smash that F2 button real quick and get ready from some top tier to mid tier rp (from my group at least).

I think people have forgotten that PvP and hostile RP ie robberies and all that are considered types of roleplay.

furthermore like 85% of the good hostile rpers went out on the first and they're like four of six of us trying to fill the gap that can't be filled.

2 hours ago, Deadeye Fero said:

snip

Hello.

Before I am able to contribute to this thread I have to ask the question.

What are you suggesting? Or is this just a rant about the quality of roleplay currently given that you are only robbed instead of given a chance to build a story?

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

/moved to General Discussion 

12 minutes ago, Hebee said:

Hello.

Before I am able to contribute to this thread I have to ask the question.

What are you suggesting? Or is this just a rant about the quality of roleplay currently given that you are only robbed instead of given a chance to build a story?

Yes and no. The issue i have with the large amount of robber is first of all, they will make put ur hands up take ur items within seconds and run off, no interaction what so ever. This doesnt feel any different from being robbed on a normal server. Now if this wasnt happening so frequently, i wouldnt care at all. But when 90% of the times ive been taken hostage and robbed, it has been like that. No interaction, only commanding me what to do and keep my mouth shut through the whole situation. Being left naked with such a experience just feel terrible. This could cause me in the future to take my chances and shoot robbers on approach, even though there is a high chance of me not getting out alive.

You can be like me and just not comply..? Saves you hostage RP if you don't want it.

Or you can run in groups of people to lessen your chance of being robbed. Or do what many people suggested above me: Hide in the woods. Not many other ways around it.

"Die, die, never comply!" -Unknown Hero

Edited by Hollows

8 minutes ago, Brady said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

/moved to General Discussion 

It's okay I forgive you.

1 minute ago, Deadeye Fero said:

-snip-

Sounds like you need to report if you are getting no interaction roleplay or anything out of it and they are just taking your gear. that is not how role play robberies should be and is considered bad RP.

T B H M Y G U Y 

just dont comply 

Just now, Hebee said:

It's okay I forgive you.

Sounds like you need to report if you are getting no interaction roleplay or anything out of it and they are just taking your gear. that is not how role play robberies should be and is considered bad RP.

This is what i have tried to explain through the thread. Over the last couple days this is almost the only interaction i have had, other than meeting a small group of funny russians and the Cavaliers. So far i have only had one good experience with bandits.

Just now, evanm23 said:

T B H M Y G U Y 

just dont comply 

I have tried this 1 time and i took a 7.62x32 to the head.

Just now, Deadeye Fero said:

This is what i have tried to explain through the thread. Over the last couple days this is almost the only interaction i have had, other than meeting a small group of funny russians and the Cavaliers. So far i have only had one good experience with bandits.

Yeah I definitely would report if you aren't getting RP that is not how it is supposed to be as I said, however this will be hard to prove unless you are able to record the experiences.

1 minute ago, Hebee said:

Yeah I definitely would report if you aren't getting RP that is not how it is supposed to be as I said, however this will be hard to prove unless you are able to record the experiences.

This is why i made this post, i do not have a powerful pc to record, I loose alot of frames. I understand that might not help, but thats all i could think of at the moment and i had to let it out to be known.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

3 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

This is why i made this post, i do not have a powerful pc to record, I loose alot of frames.

Hmm maybe try text roleplaying during robberies, that is what I used to do when I couldnt record. If it really is a 'Strip down *takes gear* and run away' robbery the chat logs will be able to prove that to some point. It has worked to prove it for me in the past - due to time stamps and what not in the logs. Other than that you can mess around with shadow play / obs settings to try and record with lower impact on your PC. Other than that idk what to tell you, perhaps roll around with someone if you can that can record. Or just take it. It does happen some times and these people end up getting banned eventually and learn from their errors, or not and get permabanned, but normally if they do learn it is only VIA the report section.

Edited by Hebee

People forget that the quality of the RP in a robbery also relies heavily on the victim. If your a grumpy cunt the whole time don't expect top notch RP back.

Give a little get a little basically.   

Thar be a fine line between realism and ol' fun in DayZRP.

Some people want it to be as realistic as possible but of course we want to have fun. Now in a real apocalypse complaining about being robbed of everything you have is really pointless because as portrayed throughout many games, movies, and tv shows there are no rules. If someone wants to rob you clean down to your pocket lint then they can. In DayZRP there are rules to keep things fun, but that reduces realism when it comes to certain aspects of RP.

As previously stated above, the current lore is going to be going on it's way out the door and some people are just playin' last minute bandit and what not. I understand how annoying it can be to be robbed multiple times within say the same hour or so, but it's realistic. If you don't enjoy it then take the advice of others, only roll with groups or friends OR don't pass through busy towns, be sneakier, and less trustworthy.

On the topic of bad RP or unrealistic RP, there are bad RP bandits. If they didn't give good RP while picking you clean that's a bummer but if you walk into a busy town, approach a larger amount of people than yourself and act all too friendly then you are either a very confident character when it comes to your safety OR you are forgetting the world DayZRP is set in, an apocalypse. Therefore you shouldn't be so trusting to strangers. If you are, that's unrealistic thus bad RP? See where we have come full circle?

That's my spiel, take it or leave it. I am sorry for the bad RP you may have experienced. There are many intricacies in RP, hostile RP, bandits, etc etc. Either way, look forward, and make the game fun for yourself. Bandits make fun for themselves by doing what they do. They also don't know what kind of RP you want, they aren't reading your mind. If you set yourself expectations you will be disappointed because no one knows what you truly what out of your time RPing. RP is also so dynamic you can't always expect to get what you want, you just have to roll along, hope for the best and make the most fun for yourself as possible.

Edited by Glitch

6 hours ago, Deadeye Fero said:

We all know being taken hostage sucks...

Do we? Depends on the hostage takers. PAU and Lost Souls give pretty good hostile RP (haven't been taken hostage lately by anyone else, so I dunno who else is good at it).

I'd recommend looking further into the recording option. You mentioned you have a computer that you believe to be incapable of recording, but AFAIK there are a few recording software options that have a minimal enough impact that you SHOULD be able to run them during DayZ gameplay. Keep in mind that if you're recording for report purposes only, you can turn recording quality way down, which should directly affect the impact on your CPU (which is what I assume the limiting factor to be). GMs correct me if I'm wrong, but staff doesn't need to be able to read the fine print on the hostage taker's M4 to determine if the RP was up to snuff.

I get your point to a degree, but the way I see it people are just fucking around right now because of the wipe. I used to play every night but the RP I got over the last two weeks was so bad that I have trouble finding motivation right now. 

You complain a lot about gear, but that's how it goes... you will lose it. Let's be honest you don't need an alice backpack, full uniform, m4, svd, pistol and aks. 

On most of my chars I am wearing basic pants, some jacket and a courier bag. No one ever robs me for my gear, since they can see that I don't have shit.

Anyway I am a little confused what you are trying here. Right now it sounds like you are crying about getting robbed. What do you think you can achieve with this thread?