Server time: 2017-10-20, 21:51
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye Fero

Being Taken Hostage and Robbed / Bad Quality RP

Deadeye Fero    13
Posted (edited)

We all know being taken hostage sucks... i am a huge victim of this and been robbed by the same people up to 3 times within 5 hours. The same group would strip me down to pants and jacket. Take my all my ammo, food, water, medical supplies, weapons and other items. They would maybe leave me my rope and radio and that would about it. Though this isnt my main point, i would like to say its not just about your loot, but mainly that 9 out of 10 robbers i have come across, has given me a bad roleplaying experience, clearly not interaction enough with their hostage.

I believe this isn´t how its supposed to be, this should be against the rules. This is one of the very dismotivating aspects of DayzRP. It should be like this, the robbers should only take what they "REALLY" need and not just take everything to become "Overgeared".  I know this is a apocalypse and its a harsh world, but when lack of quality rp comes in high numbers from bandits, it can be frustrating to be stripped naked without a good roleplaying experience. More interaction and not just "hands up or u die" and then strip u naked and after 20 seconds they are gone.

EDIT: I guess my english is so bad i confused everyone, my whSorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes!ole point was that there is a large amount of bad roleplayers, roleplaying bandits who rob people, now this leaves alot of people i have met, frustrated and irretated that they was robbed of all their stuff and didn´t have any form of roleplaying experience, all it was, a bunch of guys telling you to put ur hands up within 3 seconds or you die and then they will take all your stuff and run away. How is that a fun? MAYBE  this is something you veterans has accepted over time.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

Rory    1571
Posted (edited)

Calling in @Rebel Pado to post his POV

But seriously - Uhm why did you feel the need to make a thread about this?

Just seems like you're a little pissed off at getting robbed. 

If you wanna avoid getting robbed, run around in freshspawn tshirt and jeans, carry a pistol and a courier bag with only needfull items. People will rob you if you have nice gear that could benefit their group and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Also dont shittalk people. Basically dont make yourself a target.

I dont know what you're doing wrong my guy but I have only been held up once in the last 2 weeks by @Stiflex who gave me great RP. Keep in mind I play at least 4-5h per day.

Edited by Phoenix

PCJames    202

I'm sorry you feel that way, however this behaviour will be unusually prevelant for the next two weeks because this lore is ending soon and people have little else to do rather than rob people and enage in RPvP. Regardless you will always experience this, but there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk of you being robbed. Firstly dont carry high end gear if you are travelling with a small group or are by yourself. Make friends and try to travel in large group. Don't be a dick to people with lots of friends. Stay away from the triangle. Of course these tips dont always work but I find that they do minimize the risk pretty substantially. Nevertheless, holding people up is a perfectly valid and fun form of rp. If you try to enjoy it then it will become much less irritating. 

Deadeye Fero    13
Spoiler
1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Calling in @Rebel Pado to post his POV

But seriously - Uhm why did you feel the need to make a thread about this?

Just seems like you're a little pissed off at getting robbed. 

If you wanna avoid getting robbed, run around in freshspawn tshirt and jeans, carry a pistol and a courier bag with only needfull items. People will rob you if you have nice gear that could benefit their group and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Also dont shittalk people. Basically dont make yourself a target.

I make this post because i feel like, most bandit groups atm are really bad at taking hostages and it doesn´t feel like a roleplaying experience. Often times it has been little boy voices behind a "Female" character and as i wrote, i feel like there is too many bandits and its getting very boring. All they really do is tie you up, take your stuff, talk some shit and ask if you know any information and then they leave you to starve and defenceless to zombies or other threats.

Boston    776

/Moved to Suggestions.

Deadeye Fero    13
3 minutes ago, PCJames said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, however this behaviour will be unusually prevelant for the next two weeks because this lore is ending soon and people have little else to do rather than rob people and enage in RPvP. Regardless you will always experience this, but there are some steps you can take to minimize the risk of you being robbed. Firstly dont carry high end gear if you are travelling with a small group or are by yourself. Make friends and try to travel in large group. Don't be a dick to people with lots of friends. Stay away from the triangle. Of course these tips dont always work but I find that they do minimize the risk pretty substantially. Nevertheless, holding people up is a perfectly valid and fun form of rp. If you try to enjoy it then it will become much less irritating. 

I really don´t mind being robbed by a experienced group, as for my experience it doesn´t feel any different than getting robbed on a normal private server than here. 

Rory    1571
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:
  Hide contents

I make this post because i feel like, most bandit groups atm are really bad at taking hostages and it doesn´t feel like a roleplaying experience. Often times it has been little boy voices behind a "Female" character and as i wrote, i feel like there is too many bandits and its getting very boring. All they really do is tie you up, take your stuff, talk some shit and ask if you know any information and then they leave you to starve and defenceless to zombies or other threats.

I dont think there are any little boys behind female chatacters tbh.

Personally, Me & My friends rob at least 3 people a day and we always give at least 15 minutes of good RP, so idk maybe you meet the wrong kinda people. If you dont enjoy their RP, contact them on the forums and let them know.

"We all know being hostage sucks" no it doesnt. Thats not a good mindset to have on these servers as we have and will continue to have a lot of hostile focused groups. Exactly what you would have in a real zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Phoenix

Deadeye Fero    13

As for my knowledge, when you are robbing people, you are meant to leave them with a way of survival. Not with ur shirt and pants... 

I dont think there are any little boys behind female chatacters tbh.

Personally, Me & My fruends rob at least 3 people a day and we always give at least 15 minutes of good RP, so idk maybe you meet the wrong kinda people. If you dont enjoy their RP, contact them on the forums and let them know.

"We all know being hostage sucks" no it doesnt. Thats not a good mindset to have on these servers as we have and will continue to have a lot of hostile focused groups. Exactly what you would have in a real zombie apocalypse.

It´s not about a mindset, it´s the experience of being robbed by people whom will take all ur stuff and leave with no way of survival and the roleplay is very poor.

Rory    1571
5 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

As for my knowledge, when you are robbing people, you are meant to leave them with a way of survival. Not with ur shirt and pants... 

Its easy to survive with nothing. Zombies you can outrun, apples will give you food and hydration. If you need a rag, find a stone on the ground and craft a knife, then cut a shirt into rags. That is all you need tbh.

Dusty    1586

I mean, this could be fixed through in character means, it doesn't need to be changed through OOC means. 

For example:

Don't like getting robbed? Get friends. Make a group. Find others who have been hurt by the same people and hunt them down. With friends you can either take an aggressive or a passive approach to protecting yourself. You could hunt the people down, or you could have friends help you when they try to take you the next time,

I understand getting robbed multiple times over and over can be frustrating and annoying, but if you get over the feeling of losing your stuff, then you can try to enjoy the situations. Don't like the RP you're being given? Try to make the situation better or funnier or whatever you can do to make it fresh. I can tell you that taking a hostage that is completely monotone and stoic can be very boring. But like I said, if you get over the feeling of losing your shit, you can have more fun.

You don't need items to RP. In fact, there was a common saying in this community from a year or two ago "DayZ is alpha. Get over your attachment to your gear, because it's likely to be wiped anyways". I feel like too many people are attached to their stuff and it holds them back from enjoying situations, and even from providing good hostage RP.

Deadeye Fero    13
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I mean, this could be fixed through in character means, it doesn't need to be changed through OOC means. 

For example:

Don't like getting robbed? Get friends. Make a group. Find others who have been hurt by the same people and hunt them down. With friends you can either take an aggressive or a passive approach to protecting yourself. You could hunt the people down, or you could have friends help you when they try to take you the next time,

I understand getting robbed multiple times over and over can be frustrating and annoying, but if you get over the feeling of losing your stuff, then you can try to enjoy the situations. Don't like the RP you're being given? Try to make the situation better or funnier or whatever you can do to make it fresh. I can tell you that taking a hostage that is completely monotone and stoic can be very boring. But like I said, if you get over the feeling of losing your shit, you can have more fun.

You don't need items to RP. In fact, there was a common saying in this community from a year or two ago "DayZ is alpha. Get over your attachment to your gear, because it's likely to be wiped anyways". I feel like too many people are attached to their stuff and it holds them back from enjoying situations, and even from providing good hostage RP.

I understand what you are saying, i have come across the same robbers many times, but i do not have my KoS rights, as they only persist for 2 hours. Example, i met the same people who robbed me yesterday and i had a clear chance of killing all 3 of them sitting next to the water pump. For the last 4 days i have merely only met hostile people, other than the cavaliers ofc.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

Dusty    1586

Some of the issue is with DayZ itself. If you've already played this game for a long time, for example: 86ef82c1ab62395fa26ee4a6280888c7.png

Then there's really not much else to do in the game besides rob and kill people. Until there is a lorewipe (2 weeks) or until beta hits and modding comes out along with more features, then it's going to stay this way.

Deadeye Fero    13
9 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

I really don´t mind being robbed by a experienced group, as for my experience it doesn´t feel any different than getting robbed on a normal private server than here. 

I dont really mind being taken hostage, its just the quality of the roleplay, its VERY poor and in the end i will i will be half naked and because i ran into bad roleplayers which all they do is going around robbing people by telling them to put their hands up and strip naked and then they will let you run off half naked. How is that a good roleplaying experience, i dont really get it.

Rory    1571
5 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

I understand what you are saying, i have come across the same robbers many times, but i do not have my KoS rights, as they only persist for 2 hours. Example, i met the same people who robbed me yesterday and i had a clear chance of killing all 3 of them sitting next to the water pump.

Also I would like to touch on that boys hiding behind female characters.

If you run across the triangle on your own making yourself a target it is very likely that you have been robbed by me and my friends. I am usually the one that takes charge in hostile situations and I am indeed a Girl and am on a female character, however my voice does not sound very girly due to me being a little more of a tomboy and I have been called a "12 year old boy" by more people than I got fingers on my hands.

If you can remember the situations or the names of your hostage takers, maybe I can remember anything and we can talk about the RP , however I did not have anyone hostage today and I also do provide a lot of RP when I take someone hostage.

Deadeye Fero    13
2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Some of the issue is with DayZ itself. If you've already played this game for a long time, for example: 86ef82c1ab62395fa26ee4a6280888c7.png

Then there's really not much else to do in the game besides rob and kill people. Until there is a lorewipe (2 weeks) or until beta hits and modding comes out along with more features, then it's going to stay this way.

I tried to explain this, but i dont mind being taken hostage if its by people who actually do it properly and give a good roleplaying experience, so far, people whom has taken me hostage, gave me a really poor quality roleplay experience.

Also I would like to touch on that boys hiding behind female characters.

If you run across the triangle on your own making yourself a target it is very likely that you have been robbed by me and my friends. I am usually the one that takes charge in hostile situations and I am indeed a Girl and am on a female character, however my voice does not sound very girly due to me being a little more of a tomboy and I have been called a "12 year old boy" by more people than I got fingers on my hands.

If you can remember the situations or the names of your hostage takers, maybe I can remember anything and we can talk about the RP , however I did not have anyone hostage today and I also do provide a lot of RP when I take someone hostage.

My whole point was that most bandits i have come across are really poor with their roleplay.

Rory    1571
6 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

I tried to explain this, but i dont mind being taken hostage if its by people who actually do it properly and give a good roleplaying experience, so far, people whom has taken me hostage, gave me a really poor quality roleplay experience.

My whole point was that most bandits i have come across are really poor with their roleplay.

I will say it again, do you remember any of their ingame names. Lets start with that. We can find out who it was and you can send them a nice PM and lay your concerns out on the table.

Boston    776

I've tried to avoid giving my opinion on subjects such as these because of the controversy and arguments it leads to, but I will give my opinion this time.

There are several bandit groups and bandit dynamics that have formed over the past year, mainly in late 2016 and early 2017 that rob a high amount of people. Their main reason for robbing people is the need for the supplies, or that they are trespassing somewhere. Myself, my dynamic, along with several other people do this, mainly around the Triangle (NWAF, Vybor, VMC, Stary, etc.).

There are two main sides to the argument:

• The side that says the robberies are for no real reason aside from trying to get PVP and excitement from a robbery (Anti-PVP/Preferred Non-HostileRP)
  • The side that says banditry is their way of life and way of delivering roleplay, and it's realistic three years in (Pro-PVP/HostileRP).

The main conflict is caused by what we saw in 2015 compared to what we see now. In 2015, there was an even balance between friendly groups and hostile groups, and the hostile groups had more reasons than just 'I want your shit', or 'You're trespassing on our property'. Now, in 2017, we see much of the same immediate robberies coming from The Triangle among other areas. Like I said, this became prevalent in Late 2016. It drove away many of the peaceful roleplayers, and what we are left with are extreme bandits and hostile roleplayers, leading to redundancy and repetition, thus driving people such as yourself away. There's also the domino effect, where people get sick of being robbed, and turn into bandits themselves.

The effects of the massive changes since 2015 can be seen as a result of this report. As you can see, @Red is recently returning to the community, and is used to the roleplay and feel of the server from 2015. He comes back now, and experiences roleplay that is considered acceptable in 2017, which really wouldn't have been in 2015, leading to the report. This is just to show the differences between then and now, and a 2015'ers opinion on the changes.

I have done both and can see both sides of the argument. I enjoy the excitement and adrenaline of a gunfight, and also enjoy being able to tell the story of a character through multiple months of character development.

I would honestly believe that the Lorewipe will give the Hostile Roleplayers some fresh ideas on what to do for reasoning a robbery, and bring back the hardcore roleplayers, restoring the balance we had in 2015. If some new rules were implemented, we could keep that balance going until another lorewipe becomes necessary.

TLDR: 2015 was a great year for this community because banditry had IC Development and non-repetitive reasoning and there was an even balance between banditry and non-hostile roleplay. 2017 sees that the same things occur, driving away non-hostile roleplayers, destroying the balance or having the domino effect.

Deadeye Fero    13
2 minutes ago, Boston said:

I've tried to avoid giving my opinion on subjects such as these because of the controversy and arguments it leads to, but I will give my opinion this time.

There are several bandit groups and bandit dynamics that have formed over the past year, mainly in late 2016 and early 2017 that rob a high amount of people. Their main reason for robbing people is the need for the supplies, or that they are trespassing somewhere. Myself, my dynamic, along with several other people do this, mainly around the Triangle (NWAF, Vybor, VMC, Stary, etc.).

There are two main sides to the argument:

• The side that says the robberies are for no real reason aside from trying to get PVP and excitement from a robbery (Anti-PVP/Preferred Non-HostileRP)
  • The side that says banditry is their way of life and way of delivering roleplay, and it's realistic three years in (Pro-PVP/HostileRP).

The main conflict is caused by what we saw in 2015 compared to what we see now. In 2015, there was an even balance between friendly groups and hostile groups, and the hostile groups had more reasons than just 'I want your shit', or 'You're trespassing on our property'. Now, in 2017, we see much of the same immediate robberies coming from The Triangle among other areas. Like I said, this became prevalent in Late 2016. It drove away many of the peaceful roleplayers, and what we are left with are extreme bandits and hostile roleplayers, leading to redundancy and repetition, thus driving people such as yourself away. There's also the domino effect, where people get sick of being robbed, and turn into bandits themselves.

I have done both and can see both sides of the argument. I enjoy the excitement and adrenaline of a gunfight, and also enjoy being able to tell the story of a character through multiple months of character development.

I would honestly believe that the Lorewipe will give the Hostile Roleplayers some fresh ideas on what to do for reasoning a robbery, and bring back the hardcore roleplayers, restoring the balance we had in 2015. If some new rules were implemented, we could keep that balance going until another lorewipe becomes necessary.

TLDR: 2015 was a great year for this community because banditry had IC Development and non-repetitive reasoning and there was an even balance between banditry and non-hostile roleplay. 2017 sees that the same things occur, driving away non-hostile roleplayers, destroying the balance or having the domino effect.

This was really good information, but as i have been trying to explain with my very bad english, its not about the quantity of bandits. Its the quantity of bad roleplayers that seem to be having interest in being bandits. But i do hope the lorewipe will fix this.

I'd hate to sound exactly like everyone else but:

If you don't wish to be robbed, don't give anyone a reason to rob you. Your suggestion that people must only rob for the necessary items to survive is silly. How would you enforce that in the rules? What is ACTUALLY considered "REALLY" Needed?

This whole thing seems rather silly, I know and understand that this is frustrating for you as a new community member and player, but this is how it is. The lore wipe is coming, things will be a little better.

Deadeye Fero    13
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I'd hate to sound exactly like everyone else but:

If you don't wish to be robbed, don't give anyone a reason to rob you. Your suggestion that people must only rob for the necessary items to survive is silly. How would you enforce that in the rules? What is ACTUALLY considered "REALLY" Needed?

This whole thing seems rather silly, I know and understand that this is frustrating for you as a new community member and player, but this is how it is. The lore wipe is coming, things will be a little better.

As i have tried to explain other people with the same message as you and i think the confusement lies in my horrible english. My whole point was that alot of bad roleplayers seem to have alot of interest in being bandits and which causes a large amount of bad roleplayers to go around and robbing people for no reason. Giving a really bad roleplaying experience and on top of that, left half naked with poor ways of survival. So far i only met 1 bandit group who actually gave me a good quality roleplaying experience even tho i was left with most of my stuff taken away from me.

48 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

We all know being taken hostage sucks... i am a huge victim of this and been robbed by the same people up to 3 times within 5 hours. The same group would strip me down to pants and jacket. Take my all my ammo, food, water, medical supplies, weapons and other items. They would maybe leave me my rope and radio and that would about it. 

I believe this isn´t how its supposed to be, this should be against the rules. This is one of the very dismotivating aspects of DayzRP. It should be like this, the robbers should only take what they "REALLY" need and not just take everything to become "Overgeared". 

I have many times come across people heartbroken after a being taken hostage, having to reloot for 2-3 hours to get back what they had before the being robbed. I myself do take hostages sometimes. I really only take what i need. Say i dont have a protective vest, i would take that and thats it. I wouldn´t take his 9mm if i have a makarov, i won´t be using the 9mm!

The problem is, there are people who run around in groups and all they do for 1-3 hours is looking for people to take hostage. This is the typical people who also are very bad it and often will rob you off all you have. Leaving you no way of surviving. It appears to me as these people are just on the DayzRP servers to find a easy way of robbing people than actually having an actual roleplaying experience. 

For me personally, from going around geared with a gun, i now go around with bambi looking clothes, a small backpack and less powerfull guns, reducing the chance of getting 99% of my items robbed when taken hostage. I often won´t even play if my friends arent online, because over 60% people i meet will end up taking me hostage after acting all friendly and cool. This is getting very boring and frustating. 

The most recent times i have been robbed, i have been more and more close to just try to kill the groups who try to rob me, even tho its more likely i will die, cus i know im gonna loose everything anyway AND Its not supposed to be like that. 

Sorry for my spelling and grammar mistakes!

Edited by Deadeye Fero

Nihoolious    1248

You emphasize that you keep having experiences that you consider to be Bad RP. If you truly feel rules were broken you can make a report. It also helps if you have video evidence to back up your statement since the label of Bad RP is subjective and hard to determine just through text alone.

Rory    1571
8 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

As i have tried to explain other people with the same message as you and i think the confusement lies in my horrible english. My whole point was that alot of bad roleplayers seem to have alot of interest in being bandits and which causes a large amount of bad roleplayers to go around and robbing people for no reason. Giving a really bad roleplaying experience and on top of that, left half naked with poor ways of survival. So far i only met 1 bandit group who actually gave me a good quality roleplaying experience even tho i was left with most of my stuff taken away from me.

For the third time, do you remember any of their names so that you could send them a PM and discuss the matter with them, lay your issues out on the table and live happily ever after or do you wish to continue ignoring all my attempts to help you :( ?

Deadeye Fero    13
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

You emphasize that you keep having experiences that you consider to be Bad RP. If you truly feel rules were broken you can make a report. It also helps if you have video evidence to back up your statement since the label of Bad RP is subjective and hard to determine just through text alone.

I understand this. Im saying that a large amount of people who roleplay bandits are bad roleplayers, its not something i would go as far as making a report, its not something that would lead me away from playing here. Cus i do have fun meeting other people, such as the cavaliers.  Im just sharing my experience and was just curious what other people was thinking about this.

Edited by Deadeye Fero

Nihoolious    1248
Just now, Deadeye Fero said:

I understand this. Im saying that a large amount of people who roleplay bandits are bad roleplayers, its not something i would go as far as making a report, its not something that would lead me away from playing here. Cus i do have fun meeting cavaliers, i am just sharing my experience and was just curious what other people was thinking about this.

Well in that case do you have an idea for what bandits can do better then? In your original post you mention having them take less from their hostages, but that shouldn't matter because its about the roleplay and not the gear.

Coreena    95
48 minutes ago, Deadeye Fero said:

We all know being taken hostage sucks... i am a huge victim of this and been robbed by the same people up to 3 times within 5 hours. The same group would strip me down to pants and jacket. Take my all my ammo, food, water, medical supplies, weapons and other items. They would maybe leave me my rope and radio and that would about it. 

-sniiiiip-

Out of curiosity, what do you think would make the roleplay better? Besides bandits taking "unnecessary gear."