Server time: 2017-10-19, 18:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Map additions

Rolle    2945

Want to add something unique to the Desolation map? Like to play  around in the editor? Now is your chance to add your creation for all Desolation players to experience.

Create a mission in the editor on Tanoa, place down your objects and PM it to me with a few screenshots of your creation. Feel free to post the screenshots here as well for everyone to rate them :)

Hollows    450
1 minute ago, Rolle said:

...editor on Tanoa.

Just now, Payninator said:

100% saying on Tanoa then?......

Looks like it to me.

Beni    864

To be honest, I'd play...

But I ain't buying Tano... Fuck tha. 

Hollows    450
39 minutes ago, Beni said:

^ This.

Spartan    1231
5 hours ago, Beni said:

^ This

Also, I remember that @Jamie made something awesome last time. Updated the NEAF I think, you going giving it another shot James?

jason hunter    61

Right so I came up with something. Due to the serious lack of military bases on Tanoa, I decided to make one at Comms Bravo.

Do you guys want to see this ingame?

KronicMunky    16
16 minutes ago, jason hunter said:

Right so I came up with something. Due to the serious lack of military bases on Tanoa, I decided to make one at Comms Bravo.

Do you guys want to see this ingame?

Hey dude that's pretty good! Reminds me of one of the bases on Altis, Pyrgos I think? I'd be up for this, especially since that comms station is pretty barren anyway. There's a mil loot spawn just down the road in the two ranger buildings. If this was set up where you have it then it would focus alot of the risk/reward style of rp in that one area. Banditos and heroes alike! Do the extra objects affect the performance server wise? The last time I did any mission files or scenarios etc was back when the original flashpoint came out with its expansions! :)

jason hunter    61
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, KronicMunky said:

Hey dude that's pretty good! Reminds me of one of the bases on Altis, Pyrgos I think? I'd be up for this, especially since that comms station is pretty barren anyway. There's a mil loot spawn just down the road in the two ranger buildings. If this was set up where you have it then it would focus alot of the risk/reward style of rp in that one area. Banditos and heroes alike! Do the extra objects affect the performance server wise? The last time I did any mission files or scenarios etc was back when the original flashpoint came out with its expansions! :)

I did my best to make the map as performance friendly as possible i turned the objects that allowed it into "simple objects" meaning they will behave as actual map objects. 

It shouldn't impact the server performance on a dusturbing scale. In fact I doubt you'll be able to notice an effect

Edited by jason hunter

Payninator    10
Posted (edited)

Hi guys i also worked on a bravo base for a few hours now, i may have gone OTT but let me know i can change things to the community preference please give me your feed back.   

Edited by Payninator

PCJames    202

Honestly both bases look really sick, I wouldn't mind either really. 

Ducky    71

Looks great, Jason's suggestion isn't too over the top and I especially love the helicopter which crashed into the building.

Pay, yours looks great too but it feels a little over the top for me.

Both suggestions are nice though.

jason hunter    61
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Payninator said:

Hi guys i also worked on a bravo base for a few hours now, i may have gone OTT but let me know i can change things to the community preference please give me your feed back.   

I like what you did with the place, really love the attention to detail. However there is one thing that concerns me. The performance here could be a bit meh... and if people were to engage in combat over there it would become one giant maze were people tend to hide in or look for eachother.

-make sure there are no OP spots when there is a fight going on there... otherwise you may get this scenario: ( 1 person is unbeatable because he/she is sitting in there or on top of that. ) Make sure people are able to counter this.

Edited by jason hunter

Rolle    2945

That looks great, how many objects is it?

Payninator    10
36 minutes ago, Rolle said:

That looks great, how many objects is it?

around 654 total entities

Pepe Jones    76
1 hour ago, Payninator said:

New addon, what you guys think ?

Finally something military on the map. It's seriously lacking. Good addons. 

jason hunter    61
14 hours ago, Payninator said:

New addon, what you guys think ?

NOW THAT! is what i call a millitary airfield. nicely done.

Payninator    10

if anyone has idea they would like to see come to life but doesn't like using the editor i would be happy to create them or at least give it a go so pm or just reply to me here and ill see what i can do :D 

jason hunter    61
Posted (edited)

PHew...Now this took longer than i thought. I was very unsatisfied with how the industrial port on the NE part of Tanoa (Blue Pearl industrial) had only 3 enterable industrial buildings. That's what i decided to change. I added some industrial buildings from Chernarus (shed's, crane, fire station, blue door hangers,...) over the whole harbor. There was not alot of room but i made sure that the buildings made as much sense as possible. Not only did i add industrial buildings, i also added a few military bits here and there. I basicly made it look like an evac point to transport the civilians to one of the secure islands that was not yet infected. This however did not work out as the infected quickly overran the whole harbor causing alot of panic in the trafic jam. A large millitary vessel also managed to get itself stuck in the bay.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143288176/78B3D652F0B435C0D9F89383BDC1AC0EC88F2F94/ (yes i seem to have a fetish for heli's taht crashed on buildings)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143287726/4AA7299A6A2906156F829F28E86ECBF3AAE9A172/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143288699/718F8B225A420CA8C550B05E82D0264F2845C54D/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143289354/445FE6F4F427850F2A96F6C8C5187D82506B85BB/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143291824/645F10F3297D3FB58B914AA29124CB657BD59A37/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143292942/5BBD50BDC9D425BE7FF017A3468323BCB7D5983B/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143286808/0C0C50E638785E525B136390C8F59864F365F5C3/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/849342978143290793/DA6CCF3F888B0FFAB2F12F5EA811B41F1BA86E8F/

Now this may all sound good but what makes this truly come to life is when it's night. See for yourself.

This + infected will be something quite spectacular....or so i hope.

(oh and yes i tested if it's possible to drive through the traffic jam (with a truck). You'll need to drive slow in order to get through here.)

Edited by jason hunter

PCJames    202

That's really neat, I was actually on the editor yesterday and I longingly looked at the harbor wondering how someone could spice it up. I like what you did with the place. 

Sign in to follow this