Server time: 2017-10-24, 09:39
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DeepIndia

DayZ. Its like camping with a catholic priest...

DeepIndia    10

Fucking Intense!

This game is blowing my mind...(BTW im new)

Im sure you are all very aware of the intricacies of DayZ and have known about it for some time. I am only 82 hours in, and I had no idea.

I used to run around searching every single thing I could and would barely be able to quell my hunger and thirst, before running into someone who either, killed me with a axe, or lent me a helping hand in some way. 

I was playing a weird game of chance before. But recently I picked up a splitting axe, and a hunting knife, and realized how much I could make and use to survive! I will admit I had to look up some recipes, but my first bow was crafted 

I used to pass up burlap sacks thinking, what the hell is this thing even for, I cant even make it into a rag... 

Now I pick up rocks and cut everything up, and never leave home without my axe, and I barely even go into town. Im just now finding military camps, and am excited to get into some shit with cannibals or bandits. Hope to see more of you guys in the bush. 

the only thing that bothers me is I feel like I got to the party late... Still enjoying the shit out of it though.

Skinner    506

Okay, glad you're enjoying the community. Try to not insult people's religions with your hysterical puns in the future, but I look forward to running into you in-game. Have fun.

Papa Tachanka    48

Hope you continue to enjoy yourself and this game. Coming from someone who has played since day 0 of DayZ SA it has been a long barren road that has changed little in the time it has existed (gameplay wise) we will see where things go especially when BETA is around the corner, I can assure you things will get real interesting then.

If you haven't already I would suggest for a solid session gather 4-6 batteries and keep a walkie-talkie radio running throughout your travels. You will have some interesting encounters via radio if you keep your ears open on there. The "party" will change dramatically very soon son. 

PCJames    202

It always makes me smile when I read threads like this. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. 

Rory    1599
4 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

Try to not insult people's religions with your hysterical puns in the future

Oh god please it's the internet, if anyone's gonna get offended about that then they really need some daylight :) 

KpopKilla    74

I'm Catholic and I thought it was funny. Please man we don't need anyone being offended for us. 

To keep it on topic you'll find a decent amount of crafting in the game, try going hunting you can make a good amount of thing from tanned hide.

Weyryu A Skingmi    8

I read the title as 'camping with a catheter' at first, fun imagery. Thanks for that.

DeepIndia    10
4 hours ago, Chief said:

Hope you continue to enjoy yourself and this game. Coming from someone who has played since day 0 of DayZ SA it has been a long barren road that has changed little in the time it has existed (gameplay wise) we will see where things go especially when BETA is around the corner, I can assure you things will get real interesting then.

If you haven't already I would suggest for a solid session gather 4-6 batteries and keep a walkie-talkie radio running throughout your travels. You will have some interesting encounters via radio if you keep your ears open on there. The "party" will change dramatically very soon son. 

Most definitely man. I am really interested to see what .63 brings. from the reading I've done it seems they are changing to a new game engine. I have owned the game for a long time, but I never had time to jump into it, or even really get into it. I've only recently sunk my teeth into it and really gotten a taste of what this game is. 

Im seeing how frustrating certain aspects of the game can be. I get a lot of glitches with picking up items, and such, and every once in a while I get a memory application failure that kicks me from the game. The melee can also be a little weird, but I just accept that. I would definitely like to see those issues improved and the desync reduced. I can see why someone would say this game is broken, especially looking at the scheduled updates they had posted before. all these things aside, I think Im gonna be hooked for awhile, and I still see it being capable for more to be added and fixed.

I am thoroughly entertained as is though, and it seems like a world I can settle into. I use to play gta 4 online religiously when I was younger, and the combat gives me that feel intensified x10 over. and all the little crafting intricacies are dope as hell, and I hope they add more of that.

Ill definitely try to get some batteries and a walkie next time I hit a town. Talk to you then.

Papa Tachanka    48
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Oh god please it's the internet, if anyone's gonna get offended about that then they really need some daylight :) 

Why don't you, get out from under that bridge every once in a while ;) 

Skinner    506
1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

eh, you're right tbh but hey what's said was said.

Ark    231

You did kinda get to the party late, but don't worry everyone will be starting over soon.

SweetJoe    403

Deepintoyou, best name ever.

Listen to my man kpop, look up the hunting recipes and have fun.

Iso    1242

Rare enough to see somebody actually enjoying themselves, good on you for having a blast ;) 

Majoo    742

Been a while I've seen someone make thread about enjoying it here. It's nice that you do :)

DarkPengu    62

Happy for you man. Love when I see someone enjoying dayzrp. Can have some epic gaming moments on here ^_^

Poppy    378

Happy you are havin a good time! I hope to see ya around.

Jethro    1

Have some beanz my good man! Can't wait to encounter you in game!

Boston    787

Very happy to see you're enjoying yourself. Fresh party when Lorewipe comes, that I can tell you.

DeepIndia    10
On 7/9/2017 at 11:00 AM, SweetJoe said:

Deepintoyou, best name ever.

Listen to my man kpop, look up the hunting recipes and have fun.

;) shhhhh, dont tell them. its even funnier when people dont get it for hours, and then realize after we've been hanging out for an extended amount of time xD 

Pepe Jones    76

It's one of few games that no matter how long you play it for it still gets your heart pumping.

Zilly    76

Awesome to see that you're having fun, dude!
If you want something fun-ish, craft a fishing rod and a hook then dig up some worms. If you've never fished in DayZ it might be a tad confusing at first but you'll get it.

Id offer to hang with you and teach you a bunch of stuff, but I'm in a crap internet situation for a while.

SmartyyZ    156

I am so happy to see newcomers enjoying themselves in the community!

Have fun ^^ 

zoyo    70

Always nice to see new players having a good time. I'm finally feeling that rush again when I get in game that I got when I was new. Hopefully the Lore Wipe will continue to help in creating exciting role play experiences. ^-^

Vito    43

A lot of my solo RP ( when I can't find anyone) has been survival type RP with an inner monologue/struggle out in the wilderness. Definitely awesome thing you've caught on too.