Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:42

Sign in to follow this  
Timeremortem

Why Do people chose to play Dayz SA Instead of Desolation Redux?

Desolation or Dayz Standalone  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather see a big focuse on the Dayz Standalone or the Desolation Redux?

• Full Focuse On Dayz standalone. It's where we stand and our origin.
    • I want something New, Desolation Redux could be our Golden ticket.
    • Dayz Standalone, I want nothing to do with Desolation.
    • Desolation all the way, ( We could go back to Dayz when Devs actually finished it. )

The thought hit me hard. I notice over and over at peak hours that the Dayz standalone servers gets filled up. And Desolation Redux has a problem Getting 10 players on at the same time. Yet I pull the though and Review over and over to myself. Benefits and problems with both games. And I Can't see what makes Dayz SA Superior? I'm gona try explain it as Good as I can. 

In my Opinon. Completly 100% My opinon. Then Dayz Standalone Has gotten Very boring. Not cause of the community and players but cause of the sheer limitation on the game itself. Imagination can bring you along way. But For me. Not long enough. Dayz Standalone has many problems, To many to count but the ones that hits me hardest. Are....

1. Settlements - In Dayz SA you can only put down tents. Still you can't make any effort to secure your base from unwanted intruders, Stop stealing when you and your group is offline. And create safe spots that people come to without it getting completly trashed and harrased by Bandits 24/7. 

2. Zombies - Are a non existing threat. You speak icly about them. Pretending they have danger. but the only time you die cause of a Zed is cause of a glitch. Damm I can 1v3 Zeds with my fists without getting hit and I still don't feel like Im even that good at killing them. 

3. Where Interactions with players have gone - I feel personally, As Im currently not part of a big group, I live for the small interactions with people and wanderers I come across. But thos scenarios have become more and more dull and playout in such obvious ways I Question myself why i even botherd. Everytime I run in to a solo guy 2 things either happen. 1. He super shady, ask me the same 10 questions. Name, Occupation, Faction, Group, Friendly. Backstory. Then move on he's way with little to anything gained by the interaction. Or He runs away without saying a word at the fear of me being bad. If i run in to a group. 9/10 times I been robbed.. In some way, Either by being forced to do unwanted trade, Or simply by being held up. As the Initiation Rules favour big groups. But not just by rule, By Sheer gameplay on how dayz works. I can't stress the amount of times I shoot somebody only for them to manage to shoot me 1.2 or 2 seconds later and we both die. And then rolling the dices feels very stupid if your up against more then one hostile. The wierd hitboxes and desynch seems to maybe be the cause of it. 

This of course Maybe is not your experience, Or your opinion and That's 100% Ok. But Now to what I want to get out.

Desolation Redux fixes all of that!!

1. You can make bases, That's good to store, lock up loot and gear, Good and build for trade and outposts. ( Gives me more of S.T.A.L.K.E.R Feel. ) It works, And it's frankly very easy to use at the moment. 

2. Zombies Not perfect but hey they are fast, And punishing. I mean sure they die from one shot. You never see more then 10 at a time. But like 3 hits from one and your dead and they stack up multiple hits quick. So They feel more like a legit threat. 

3. Interactions of course Is gona be similar, But here is where i think it improves. The bases will create more factions that are out to trade then robb. As In Dayz SA robbing loners is the safest bet as theres no real place to go to for Trade at the moment. I think with outposts, Factions, Politics. Supported by real built settlements Is gona improve the general interaction. ( Im not saying perfect and people will still robb and kill of course. ) More guns and less Rare super weapons makes for less reason to robb.. ( I don't consider being held up given 10 seconds to put my shit down. Letting them take stuff and leaving me with broken Ruined stuff to be fun or to be good interaction. ) When i think what do i want for the future of DayzRP I want more of a Game World that Feels like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R Or Metro 2033 World.. Let me explain. A World where not everyone is out to take your shit and kill you. Where relations, Factions Politics, And settlements in working order still exist and It's not a mad max World where we litterly could just put up the KOS Rights and be done with it. As I feel the tension to baiting and the Wish to get in to fights is so high that i wonder why some people even play on RP and dont just play on Normal servers. 

I Don't Do posts. Not that many, I been with the community for a long time. I don't fancy myself anyone special and I hardly done much of note with my years on dayzrp..  But Where I want to go with this post is.. Do you agree? Am I wrong? How's your experience diffrent from mine? Do you think theres big issus with Desolation that I not brought up? You don't own arma 3 or apex DLC and dont want them? I want your opinions. WHy do you chose to play on Dayz Standalone instead of Desolation. 

Thanks In advance for any responses. And Sorry for my Lack of English skills. Hope to see you in the field. 

I Hope I posted this at the right place. 

Galaxy    342
Posted (edited)

I do kind of agree with you and don't in many ways and i'll give my opinion on the subject,

First of with the game being boring, due to the nature of it. It's very limited to what Staff can add or put into the game since Bohemia like taking their time and saying no to an open game for the community even though 420 fuck them off every other week. I personally would not have 800+ hours of DayZ without DayZRP. Settlements and that are more of a player made and meant to be like a nice unwritten rule not to be dicks and grief tents but it's the internet and as long as people know they aren't getting caught they are going to keep doing it and use the words "Well it's the apocalypse I can RP however I want" then they get robbed twice with no reason then file a report.

With the lore wipe I hope that  Zombies are RP'ed out as a threat and that settlements are more meaningful to some groups then a zone where you can have more rights than someone else because of OOC rules and regulations.

Player interactions, it really just depends on where you are, who you are with and who you want to roleplay as, got to remember not everyone starts off as an actor on DayZRP and a lot of people are learning, if you feel an interaction was so terrible or mainstream. Find them on teamspeak and help them improve their roleplay so other members don't have to go through the same textbook stuff. Big groups will always have more reason to initiate, more RP and stuff because they are a big group and need it, hate to break it but that's exactly how the apocalypse would be 3 years in, adapt or die.

I feel this is more a DayZ not being developed enough for the purpose of this server to be at it's full potential then a community issue, but I do agree EVERYONE can improve roleplay from the most senior player to the newest person to the community, and as long as you're having fun I don't really mind what can I RP I take as long as it keeps me engaged so I do my best to go into every situation with positive outlook no matter who the people are.

My opinion onto the Desolation Redux server is different, I think all S1 and S2 and Redux should be online and functional but I do not have A3 nor currently can run it on my PC, so this leaves me with what I signed up with so I take up with friends and make the most of my storyline until lore wipe on the 23rd. If Redux becomes what we plan it will get more popular considering it only opened a week and abit a so, and word of mouth from friends to friends that DayZRP is on A3 will spread and new players will come. DayZRP SA is a nice like of mine even if the game isn't up to 100% standard but the potential is there and I do (Patiently) wait for Bohemia to pull the finger out and beta rolls in with loads of new features.

Not sure if this is a question or suggestion or both but ;) 

Edited by Galaxy

Kyle_Jones    169

Desolation is for one full of bugs, less bugs than that of dayz standalone (suprisingly enough) and also we know how to play dayz, we dont really know how desolation works yet (makes it less fun for me i guess) and also the playerbase.

Ducky    72
Posted (edited)

*Coughs*

24h.thumb.PNG.fbc77ebd1df357388e90f6a5311986be.PNG

It's getting there.

FYI the green is the desolation server population over the last 24 hours. And I think it will pick up even more today - over the weekend.

Edit: Ofcourse it's nowhere near SA but it was pretty close at one point..?

Edited by Ducky

Skinner    440

What's up with the poll? 2 options to vote for dayz and 2 options to vote for desolation? Kinda weird. It's an easy option for me, I own dayz and I enjoy rping in it, I don't own arma. So Dayz for me.

You're missing the option for "DayZ, because I've already figured out the quirks and shit for it and I don't feel like relearning more Arma BS to be able to play Desolation".

I can't really comment on Desolation, since I tried it a grand total of Once the first time we had a server ages ago, and I haven't reinstalled Arma III to try it this time. I do know that DayZ SA is what I'm familiar with, and IMO the RP shortcomings can't ALL be blamed on game limitations.

Majoo    648

/Moved to General Discussion

Nollakaks    5

I enjoy DayZ and it's getting better and better with the updates. I have zero interest to even try Desolation.

Rolle    2471

Desolation in current state is very, very rough compared to Standalone.

Shane    361

I like DayZ despite its flaws the reasons I don't really play the desolation server is I barely know how to play Arma and my friends don't play it because of the map so I'm not gonna go around on my own, I'll just get too bored and turn it off. 

Phoenix    1065
16 minutes ago, FiftyFootAnt said:

You're missing the option for "DayZ, because I've already figured out the quirks and shit for it and I don't feel like relearning more Arma BS to be able to play Desolation".

This tbh.

I never played arma 3 before and I feel like it would take forever for me to actually get into it.

Chewy    564

I don't have Tanoa. So I doubt I'll be playing Desolation anytime soon. I never could get into Arma 3, even Altis Life (Which I gave a whirl before DayZRP - and I know they're nothing alike but both are RP :p) So it's kind of one of those.. I might give it a shot.. In the future? SA is finally on it's way to being decent so, thats why I play SA over Deso.

Rolle    2471
3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We shoulda just brought back the A2 mod tbh

Can't, against Bohemias ToS.

Mexi    1054

Don't want to purchase something for a side project that'll be up for 2 months and forgotten about in less time than that.

Might have played it if it was put on a map that was available without the need to purchase a DLC.

Majoo    648

I just simply play DayZ SA because i don't own arma 3 and am not really interested in buying it anytime soon.

melon21    12

I dont play desolation, since it requires tfr and with my teamspeak open when im on the server my game constantly crashes and freezes the entire OS in some points.

Brayces    194

I'm not truly interested in Desolation just yet mostly because it's missing some stuff and still in it's testing phase. Also, there's not much RP to be had while people are still figuring stuff out and how to play, etc. I assume when the server goes Live Live (You know for actual RP post lore wipe or what have you) then it'll get more popular. But to log in right now and attempt to be figuring out how to play seems like something I could do on my own when no one is around or I could just wait until there's people around and it's more popular so I can run into people to RP with. 

Abu Muhammad    90

On the lowest settings I get 20 fps on arma 3 at any given time with frequent crashing, I don't have a good enough pc, but desolation is a lot better than standalone.

Hellspawnceri    482

Yeah I don't own Arma 3 or have the money to buy it anytime soon. Also side projects like this don't usually last very long.

So I'm sticking with DayZ SA.

vivallion    4

I think some of tihs thread misses the point that Desolation is still in it's early stages, but there is interest towards it, since last night we peaked at 26-27 players. Additionally, the current state it is in, makes it very easy to mold to be what we want it to be, we just need to know -what.- Personally, i'm very happy with what it is currently, and want it to be more as we add workshop content, server updates, player-created content, etcetera.

SillyGoose    210

I don't particularly like arma 3 for roleplay. I also don't feel like paying 30 euros for a DLC when not enough people are playing it at this point in time.

Lankin    102

Simple. People have been RP'ing on SA for so long they have multiple characters and storielines. They've had so many awesome moments and are likely to have again. To ask them to simply abandon all of that and start over again on a different game doesn't appeal to them.