Server time: 2017-10-20, 19:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

Sudden Computer Crashes After Launching Dayz

Question

Moxy    19

Ok, This just started happenign today. Dayz causes my computer torestart itself (without me doing anything) after about 30 seconds of game-play.  Any suggestions?

10 answers to this question

SmartyyZ    156

Hello!

Have you overclocked your graphics card? And what is the temperature of the graphics card when you launch DayZ?

Kind regards,

Smartyy

PCJames    202

Try playing the opposite bit version that you are playing. So if you've been playing the 32 bit version, startup the 64 bit version.

Laurence Taylor    3

sounds like a CPU overheat to me, check the fan is working correctly.

Brady    326

Having the same issue. Ive had to blow a giant fan directly into the inside of my computer to keep my CPU from overheating while playing. Other than that, try not to keep your PC on overnight so it has time to cool down, or just put it in sleep mode. Mine still fucks up time to time but its been a lot better since I put the fan onto it.

JAMMIELAD    200

If this is a regular occurrence you might want to check your voltage, Clock and such. If everything is normal and it keeps doing it for other games, slight possibility your PSU is on its way out. Same thing happened to me and I had to turn down my overclock and buy a new PSU.

Peaches    24

Before I start, I'd also like to ask if your PC shuts down, or if it simply "restarts" itself. Such as turning off completely, without turning itself back on. Or is it starting a typical restart, shutting down all your individual programs before then actually "Restarting" your Computer? The below suggestions are for if your PC is quite literally just shutting down.

If you're running an NVIDIA more recent card or any other card for that matter that happens to be compatible, I'd suggest MSI Afterburner if your pc is in fact overheating. This program allows you to specifically monitor your pc vitals, more specifically temperature of specific devices in your computer. Then you can up your fan speeds if your devices our compatible with the program, or have your fan speeds change automatically when it detects your pc is overheating. Not to mention it's a pretty useful program regardless.

If that isn't the issue, I'd check your performance tab in your task manager, checking both your memory and CPU Usage upon launching/playing DayZ. This could probably be fixed by either managing the amount of things you have open, to possibly even an upgrade requirement. Since this has happened rather suddenly, you could assume you might even be having some kind of hardware malfunction/failure. But that would have to be physically diagnosed by somebody, and most likely isn't very achievable through pictures.

Hunter    51
15 hours ago, Moxy said:

Ok, This just started happenign today. Dayz causes my computer torestart itself (without me doing anything) after about 30 seconds of game-play.  Any suggestions?

I helped Brady with this issue. May I ask, how long have you had your computer for? When was the last time you replaced your thermal paste for your cpu? 

Poppy    378

Hi @Moxy!

Have you made any progress? Is it any special answer here that helped you?

If so, please do not forget to /solve this thread.

Try removing all launch options, if you don't have any, try verify integrity of games files.

If none of these helped you, it could be an internal problem. Rebooting your PC may work, but there's also a risk on losing everything.

Try watching this video: 

I think it's going to help you!