Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:07
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Hebee

Stop this madness

Hebee    2649
Posted (edited)

0ca5ed86f61a060c12c6061995f33c74.png

This stuff, I've seen it from multiple staff members so I'm not targeting anyone here but this is pretty tilting to read. I can understand asking if someones issue has been resolved if they have not mentioned it, however this second portion of these messages is pretty unneeded, or even more so when that is the only message that is posted.

Edited by Hebee

It's a guide on how to click a button. Probably not necessary, all staff need to do is just address the OP to click the check mark to the left of the post that has best answered the question. It doesn't really tilt me, just seems silly to link a guide how to click a button. Almost seems insulting of ones intelligence.

Just my thoughts.

Hebee    2649
1 minute ago, Jetwells said:

Think thats the least of the staffs worries atm. 

Luckily we didn't file it in the urgent folder just the suggestion folder ?. 

Jamie    1414

When I get bored I'll just go through all the questions and if the OP seems satisfied, I'll just select the best answer. This is something that the Supports should be doing. You're right Hebee, I plusone. 

Hebee    2649
Just now, Jamie said:

When I get bored I'll just go through all the questions and if the OP seems satisfied, I'll just select the best answer. This is something that the Supports should be doing. You're right Hebee, I plusone. 

Thank you James, like I said it's not a massive deal but honestly, being a victim of this it feels as though you are being talked down to as if they are calling you a tard because you didn't hit a check mark. But regardles I'll +1 your +1.

Rory    1558
Posted (edited)

So now we need a Guide to click a Button :D 
Okay.

If someone here needs a guide to press a button and select a check mark then I question what they are doing in a 16+ Gaming Community.

Edited by Phoenix

Chewy    650

Alright but- I agree it's not mandatory to post that everytime. I will agree on that. But! If OP asks "how do I do that" then I guess that's what it's there for. Even so, it's pretty easy to describe. :P

Majoo    742

I don't think anyone needs to post a link to the guide on "how to click a button" when you can simply explain it in one sentence. Sometimes people are just lazy to write that simple sentence...but yes it's unnecessary to drop that link in. 

Either just tell em to chose the right answer in your current post where you try to answer it as well or just chose the answer for them if the question for sure is answered correctly.

Mexi    1291
Posted (edited)

Doesn't take much to type "If you feel the best answer has been given please select which one in the top left of their post" instead of going full robot and just pasting them a link.

+1 Hebee

Edited by Mexi

Rolle    2938

They don't have to select best answer, that's what the votes are for. The best answer will be automatically selected to the highest ranked post in the thread after 5 or 7 days (can't remember which). So yeah, both staff posting in this threads about how to "mark it" and people like Jamie going through threads and marking best answers manually are very unnecessary.

Eagle    409

The guide was made when the site was fresh and people tho this may sound odd didn't know how to press a button so It was made to fix that problem.
As for the marking post never seen a need for it, I've just sent it in a PM to let newcomers know how to do it.

Mexi    1291
8 minutes ago, Rolle said:

They don't have to select best answer, that's what the votes are for. The best answer will be automatically selected to the highest ranked post in the thread after 5 or 7 days (can't remember which). So yeah, both staff posting in this threads about how to "mark it" and people like Jamie going through threads and marking best answers manually are very unnecessary.

It's what we get told to do upon getting support.. Might wanna have a word if its unnecessary.

Hebee    2649
53 minutes ago, Rolle said:

The best answer will be automatically selected to the highest ranked post in the thread after 5 or 7 days (can't remember which).

I did not know this. Thank you for this bit of information, I am sure others did not know this as well. Like i said not targeting anyone but when someone links a guide on how to click a button it is almost insulting lmao. 

Idole    184
Posted (edited)

It could be seen as insulting someone or belittling someone linking a how to press a button link. Someone has took it upon themselves to ask for help and when that is solved it is not hard to type a simple response asking them to check the best post. 

Edited by idole

Poppy    378

I have done it after seeing multiple threads being left unsolved, however seeing this thread, I will now think twice, and maybe change up my routine a little.

Thanks for the insight.

Aiko    646

Anyway, I honestly think that its ok for supports to do this. I mean some dont need the prompt, the ones who have been here for a while shouldn't need it. Though the newer players might not know, and it can help them.

I will say that we have some guides out there that many find unnecessary, but they are still useful to new players. Like the one that helps people find their pass phrase, you would think that no one needs that. Yet you would be surprised of how many times we link that. It really honestly depends who the OP is, and if they need a simple reminder or what.

:3 

Ark    229
1 hour ago, Aiko said:

MOSHI MOSHI! ADMIN AIKO, SAILOR MOON IS AWSOME!

Every time I see this opening my will to live is sapped a little more.

But anyway onto the topic. If you really have to tell people how to press a button go outta the way and take the five more seconds to type it out. Then if they still don't know by all means link the guide.

Boston    772

I don't see a problem with it. Just a little bit of extra help. The guide also provides a visual if someone's better off to look at that rather than read about how to do it.

No real problem with posting a solving guide to be honest. Like Boston mentioned it's just a bit of extra help. It might help the newcomers that might not know how to solve a question and it's better to see it in a guide and easier, also it looks better than someone describing how you can solve a question.

WilliAM    431
16 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

-snip-

Sure but it makes you look lazy. You could easily just tell them "select the best answer"

its on click