Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Report PoV

Jetwells    0

Stop meme and troll PoVs in reports. Only shows immaturity and a divide, its not "Fun" or "Funny".

Dusty    1585

In my opinion, as long as their post conveys all the information we need, is full and detailed, and isn't flamey, then I don't care if their post is memey or serious.

Besides, people should be allowed to have some fun. This is a gaming community after all. I think a lot of people take things in the community way too seriously. 

Lets all just chill out and realize this is a gaming community, meant for fun and making friends.

Nihoolious    1248

Irrelevant posts and flame is already dealt with in the report section. The system works fine and sure while some "unprofessional" comments are included in povs its usually nothing worth punishing. 

Jetwells    0
1 minute ago, Dusty said:

In my opinion, as long as their post conveys all the information we need, is full and detailed, and isn't flamey, then I don't care if their post is memey or serious.

Besides, people should be allowed to have some fun. This is a gaming community after all. I think a lot of people take things in the community way too seriously. 

Lets all just chill out and realize this is a gaming community, meant for fun and making friends.

Is it making friends, When 4 of the 5 people who have placed a report against one person, making meme pov and taking the piss, making friends with him? No, Their is a time and place for "Fun" reports and appeals are not them. They are meant to be professional and not a place to have a joke with your friends at someone elses expense. 

Only post appropriate content Posting any comments that do not directly address the report or that are in any way inappropriate will not be tolerated.

People forget rules and they dont get enforced. When you mandem brap brap gat someone. Its inappropriate content. 

Buddy    1066

As much as I would love to see a consistently clean report section, I also realize and accept that this is the internet and not everyone can or will always be mature despite community rules. I say allow people to post in whatever manner they see fit and let natural selection the staff team take care of their fate.

Jetwells    0
Just now, Buddy said:

As much as I would love to see a consistently clean report section, I also realize and accept that this is the internet and not everyone can or will always be mature despite community rules. I say allow people to post in whatever manner they see fit and let natural selection the staff team take care of their fate.

The problem is, Staff don't. As you can see they think its acceptable to be immature and "Bully" people. 

Buddy    1066
3 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

The problem is, Staff don't. As you can see they think its acceptable to be immature and "Bully" people. 

I personally do not pay a whole lot of attention to the reports section so you would probably know this better than myself. If what you say is true though then what you're doing here now is probably the best course of action. Although if there's a particular change regarding community member conduct you would like to see changed then being a little more specific in your OP would benefit your cause greatly. :) 

Jetwells    0
Just now, Buddy said:

I personally do not pay a whole lot of attention to the reports section so you would probably know this better than myself. If what you say is true though then what you're doing here now is probably the best course of action. Although if there's a particular change regarding community member conduct you would like to see changed then being a little more specific in your OP would benefit your cause greatly. :) 

I'd rather not be specific, as its a broad statement that happens across the board at times. And being specific creates the divide i'm trying to bridge. And as we all know, creates OOC hate. 

Jetwells    0

As you can see, This mentality will not go away when staff would rather act immature in their responses in reports. I feel this is a reason people have lost faith in the community and the members who are in staff. They just are seen as being immature. It is not what the reports section should be. 

Aiko    649

Well seeing as we are being suppper serious here and no fun I wont add my normal weebery greeting.

I will mention that we have a huge amount of diversity in our community. Different opinions, different suggestions, everyone thinks and feels a different way. Its either we are being too strict or we are being too lenient. We can't appease everyone, and as of right now I think we have a good middle ground. Sure some things can be fixed here and there, but that comes with time.

In the time that could take, the views of the community can and will change. People want to have a relaxed atmosphere, some people want to have a no fun allowed place. It changes with new people and old people as well.

Now onto the claim of staff being "immature" if you have a problem with this then you can go to admins and if it's an admin you can go to Rolle. We also specifically have a forum for this called "Staff Feedback." Where each staff member has a thread for good and bad staff feedback.

I myself try not to meme, and if I do it's very subtle. But I like to have fun now and then with my weeb stuff here and there.

That is how I feel on this anyway, others might see it differently. 

Hebee    2666

Least of staffs worries right now tbh.

Seiceps the Deceiver    309
10 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

As you can see, This mentality will not go away when staff would rather act immature in their responses in reports. I feel this is a reason people have lost faith in the community and the members who are in staff. They just are seen as being immature. It is not what the reports section should be. 

Then take it to the Feedback, it's best you let these individuals know that you see their conduct as non-professional. This brings both a light to their eyes and to those in staff who will read it as well. I understand the want for threads but being direct always works better Han being ambiguous

Jetwells    0
Just now, Species said:

Then take it to the Feedback, it's best you let these individuals know that you see their conduct as non-professional. This brings both a light to their eyes and to those in staff who will read it as well. I understand the want for threads but being direct always works better Han being ambiguous

Did that, Gets memed. 

Seiceps the Deceiver    309
10 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

Did that, Gets memed. 

Well I can assure you that I would not do this if approached with both negative  and positive feedback. For others I can not speak.

Jetwells    0
Just now, Species said:

Well I can assure you that I would not do this if approached with both negative  and positive feedback. For others I can not speak.

On that note, That has just reminded me. But yer, Place is turning into a meme right now. 

Zero    459

Well I am going to agree with the OP on this matter. Yes it is the internet, yes we should be able to have fun, but is the report section really the correct section to be doing this? In my opinion it just shows that the people aren't really taking a matter serious that should be. It's not really that big of the deal but probably falls into the category of things not exactly being consistent. I can post a POV that is obviously a joke and disregards the OPs concern that I may have broken rule(s) but I'll be damned if I can't make a joke or reference in any other section of the forums (where the fun should be taking place by the way.) Make a joke there and you'll be slapped with 3-5 warning points.

Joffrey    893

Reports are 90% salt and 10% actual community breaking rulebreaks. Why take salt serious right? Whoooo caaarrressssszzzzz

Jetwells    0
3 minutes ago, Joffrey said:

Reports are 90% salt and 10% actual community breaking rulebreaks. Why take salt serious right? Whoooo caaarrressssszzzzz

This is the mentality that is killing the community. We should care. Who are you to judge if it is salt or not? Should people not respond to reports in a polite and mature manner instead of adding to this "Salt". The problem is, the more mature side of the community see this as kids having a laugh at others expense and shows the lack of maturity within the community. Which results in you being left with a bunch of kids who meme their way through the server, thus declining the standard of RP and the respectable community we pride ourselves on.

Are we another A3 Life community, Or are we DayzRP, A mature, professional community?

Joffrey    893

I am an intelligent human being. I can tell when something is salt and when something is legit. I would say 99% of the folks here are intelligent as well.. We all know its salt. I'd say lighten up.. because you know.. no one cares.

ExoticRainbow    235
4 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

Which results in you being left with a bunch of kids who meme their way through the server, thus declining the standard of RP

You are trying to correlate things which have no correlation at all.

Also I feel that as long as the attitudes in reports are not abusive or flaming then wgaf.

Jetwells    0
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ExoticRainbow said:

You are trying to correlate things which have no correlation at all.

Also I feel that as long as the attitudes in reports are not abusive or flaming then wgaf.

It correlates perfectly fine. Mature members don't play here or enjoy their time due to people young enough to be their kids trying to take the piss all the time, IC or OOC. Obviously you wouldnt give a fuck due to you being one of these meme povers. 

And joffrey, Intelligence is subjective. But coming from a older member, I would expect better than you to call people out for being new to the community, shows the elitism we dont want, And shows the bullying tactics people use. 

Edited by Jetwells

Puncture    144
Posted (edited)

I don't believe that meme's should be kept out of reports as long as they are not abusive.

Edited by Puncture

Joffrey    893
2 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

Mature members don't play here or enjoy their time due to people young enough to be their kids trying to take the piss all the time,

The types of members can go away. If you're not here to have a good time, and have fun.. then ahh.. you know...  go to church.. or something srs. 

3 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

I would expect better than you

Salt. Stahp man.. just.. just stahp! You're killing me.

Jetwells    0
1 hour ago, Hebee said:

Least of staffs worries right now tbh.

Luckily i placed this in the suggestion thread, Not the urgent folder. 

Galaxy    553

People are always going to meme (I like to have fun) but if you can give all the relevant information clearly and stuff I don't see an issue. Most reports are salt and will be a meme in itself, everyone can post their PoV as they like as long as it's not flame, bait or just a meme. If you act professional in PoV you can still have fun...  Salt is never going to leave the human heart nor this community as it is just one of those games and type of community where people will get annoyed and it's there right if they want to take it to heart or shit, we've all got our urks and that but sometimes just getting on with your own stuff is better than caring for what others do.

Not a +1 but not a -1 either