Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:25

Eagle

0.62 Known issues and fixes

Question

Eagle    346

0.62 Known Issues and Fixes

The new patch has brought us allot of Good things such as  the new sounds  less desync and wolves that have added some danger to forest areas of Chernarus  but we all know with new patches come new bugs and thus this thread will be updated with the help of you guys with the solutions for the problems you have encountered, please keep your posts as detailed as you can.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Problem : Can't find the server despite having it favourited and checked "favourite server"
Solution : There's now 3 tabs in the server browser: Public, Community, and Local (I think?) - DayZRP is now under "Community" tab.

Problem : The game shows an image of Novo/Cherno clock tower when trying to enter the server and doesn't go any further. (Can't get into server)
Solution : Go into DayZ on your steam and right click. Select "Properties" and click on the tab in the new window that says "Local Files". Click "Browse Local Files". Right click on the executable "DayZ_BE.exe" and click run as administrator, the game might restart when you try to get into the server, this is normal. Shouldn't have issues connecting after that.

Problem : Can't find the server despite having it favourited and checked "favourite server"
Solution : There's now 3 tabs in the server browser: Public, Community, and Local (I think?) - DayZRP is now under "Community" tab.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Use this template when posting

Spoiler

Problem :
Solution :

Fixes from patch 0.61 and 0.60

7 answers to this question

Hunter    38

Problem : DayZ crashing whenever you hit exit at the main menu and you are now left with a black screen with an error message floating in the center, but no mouse cursor
Solution : If you would like to refrain from restarting your PC upon this crash, press alt+tab until you tab onto something else like Steam, or TeamSpeak. Once you do this, press alt+tab again until you land on the error message, then wait a second. Press enter on your keyboard, and it should close the program, getting rid of the black screen.

Chewy    561

Problem : The game shows an image of Novo/Cherno clock tower when trying to enter the server and doesn't go any further. (Can't get into server)

Solution : Go into DayZ on your steam and right click. Select "Properties" and click on the tab in the new window that says "Local Files". Click "Browse Local Files". Right click on the executable "DayZ_BE.exe" and click run as administrator, the game might restart when you try to get into the server, this is normal. Shouldn't have issues connecting after that.

Spoiler

595ce25177ac9_le1.thumb.png.8fb63a2de2964793cc567d8547182e51.png

595ce252e2a73_le2.png.94593e63bcbcfa2e802ef022b9bd84ba.png

595ce26115712_le3.thumb.png.ff401fa8cf9b2fc8c88fdee778abaeaf.png

Dr Willsky    163
Posted (edited)

problem : I've discovered that when you favorite a server and then check the 'favorite server' boxes the servers don't show up. Is this me being a potato or did dayz devs break it. 

fixes : no idea

Edited by Dr Willsky

Chewy    561
Just now, Dr Willsky said:

I've discovered that when you favorite a server and then check the 'favorite server' boxes the servers don't show up. Is this me being a potato or did dayz devs break it. 

Ooh. I gotchu.

Orphan    0

I have a problem at the moment, I connect to this server and it gets passed the clock tower image, i see the direct voice channel box come up in the bottom left, then the game freezes on a black screen and goes no further. I have tried the fixes noted on here and no hope so far.

Eagle    346
On 07/08/2017 at 10:20 AM, Orphan said:

I have a problem at the moment, I connect to this server and it gets passed the clock tower image, i see the direct voice channel box come up in the bottom left, then the game freezes on a black screen and goes no further. I have tried the fixes noted on here and no hope so far.

The post above contains mostly what others have experienced and as such Will not necessarily work for you.

If you manage to fix said problem please share it with the rest of us, to gain more insight on how to fix problems currently in this patch.

Orphan    0
1 hour ago, Eagle said:

The post above contains mostly what others have experienced and as such Will not necessarily work for you.

If you manage to fix said problem please share it with the rest of us, to gain more insight on how to fix problems currently in this patch.

I fixed it yesterday after scanning through this forum for slightly different errors people were getting, i deleted the config file seemed to work fine after that.