Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:35
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Malet

Technical Questions

Question

Malet    85

Hello everyone,

As the title tells I got some technical questions I couldnt figure out so far. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

1. Does the lifespan of a battery (the one for flashlights and walkie talkies) depend on the quality of the battery (Pristine, damaged, etc.)?

2. Is taking notes on paper and saving it possible again or stil broken?

3. I remember that you could place marker on the map you could find IG. Is this still possible and does it save the markers on the specific map I got on me after logging off?

4. Does a silencer make a gunshot completely silent for zombies close by or does it only decrease the area zombies can hear it from?
(f.e. Shoting a sporter doesnt seem to bother the infected no matter how close they are)

5. Do bullets you put into a fireplace/other heatsource still make them go off and can this be used to attract/fool zombies?

6. Is the flare gun still IG and if yes, where can one find them?

Thanks again.

5 answers to this question

Galaxy    548

Hello,

1. Does the lifespan of a battery (the one for flashlights and walkie talkies) depend on the quality of the battery (Pristine, damaged, etc.)?

I've personally never seen a battery run out of juice but I do imagine they do after a while, but they do last a longish time.

2. Is taking notes on paper and saving it possible again or still broken?

It is still broken, don't bother writing anything on em'.

3. I remember that you could place marker on the map you could find IG. Is this still possible and does it save the markers on the specific map I got on me after logging off?

No, that was possible on DayZ mod, that's not possible in standalone. You could also you DayZDB or iZurvive to mark stuff on the mark if you really need it.

4. Does a silencer make a gunshot completely silent for zombies close by or does it only decrease the area zombies can hear it from?
(f.e. Shoting a sporter doesnt seem to bother the infected no matter how close they are)

It depends on what gun, with guns like the 9m pistols with a suppressor is silent from anything, but something like an AKM with a east suppressor will still attract zombies just from a shorter range.

5. Do bullets you put into a fireplace/other heatsource still make them go off and can this be used to attract/fool zombies?

Bullets don't go off if you put them into a heatsource, just makes them ruined.

6. Is the flare gun still IG and if yes, where can one find them?

No they removed them a couple patches ago.

Pinky    128

Galaxy answered basically everything but ill just fill in question 1.

The quality of a battery does NOT effect the lifespan of the battery.

also objects (such as flashlights and walkietalkies) use the battery much faster then others, i've gone through dozens of batteries with the walkie talkie because it absorbs alot of charge when left on, but a weapon sight takes very little charge and is nothing to worry about if you leave it on.

for exactly how much each appliance uses their batteries check out the wiki.

RedSky    123
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Malet said:

Going to answer only this to add on to what @Galaxy said, the suppressor is exactly what it says it is, It suppresses gunshots. (Removes the bass) however, that doesn't make em silent. So no matter what there is always a chance an infected gets triggered by your shot. With the new sound engine it also kinda depends on what terrain you are in. Urban city, or a valley. Sound acts like waves meaning certain areas can still amplify the almost non-existant bass of the gun shot even if it is suppressed by helping the wave expand itself. Hope that helps a bit.

Edited by RedSky

Tom    145

As mentioned by others the quality of the battery isn't what determines how long it'll last,testing the battery by licking it should reveal it's actual charge. Different battery powered items use the charge up faster/slower, I have no idea how long a fully charged battery would last in a radio as I don't use one but from what I understand they last about 80 hours when powering red dot sights.

Also a note about the suppressors; although they suppress the initial report of the gunshot it's usually the bullet hitting a wall/door/etc that triggers zombies and not the actual sound of the gun.

Also there was a thing last patch where if you had a ruined suppressor on your gun the zombies would hear it as if it were fully suppressed even though they're not. Not sure if that's still a thing.

Malet    85

Much appreciated, guys. Special thanks to @Galaxy

//solved/answered