Server time: 2017-10-22, 02:55
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jetwells

Lore-Wipe : No Groups

Groups  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have non-lore groups at lore wipe.

• Only Lore Factions (CDF/UN/Russian(VDV?)
    • Only Lore Factions and LM approved groups?
    • All Groups Allowed

Jetwells    0
Posted (edited)

I believe their should be no groups for at least 2-4 weeks after the initial infection. Only factions, CDF/UN/Russians. Why? Well, CDF/UN/Russians would be doing operations to collect survivors, band people together in one location at a camp ect. Having groups from the get go imo will just ruin what the lore wipe was meant to do anyway. Freshen up the whole place. Not just reset the timeline and everyone be back into their groups again. 

I would like storys to develop and unfold, groups be made from IC reasoning. 

Edited by Jetwells

Undead    313

I mean I'm all about story's developing ic and all that. But people are gonna play with who they are going to play with. No real need to limit it with more rules. I'm sure plenty of people are going to make characters that knew each other before and we're in groups together before the infection.  While I see what your saying in the sense of in game character progression and all that, I just don't think it should be forced on people who would rather group up day one and have back stories explaining it.

Boston    778

Yeah, I agree with this. Let the initial lore begin, and then allow groups to form from IC development.

Jetwells    0
23 minutes ago, Undead said:

I mean I'm all about story's developing ic and all that. But people are gonna play with who they are going to play with. No real need to limit it with more rules. I'm sure plenty of people are going to make characters that knew each other before and we're in groups together before the infection.  While I see what your saying in the sense of in game character progression and all that, I just don't think it should be forced on people who would rather group up day one and have back stories explaining it.

No, Im not against this, Your misunderstanding I believe. Of course were here to play with friends, thats what keeps alot of people here in the times were in at the moment. I mean, In my opinion for the initial outbreak ect, i think their should only be lore groups, dynamics can be a thing, people who have known each other pre-outbreak would stick together. But their wouldnt be a need to be classed as a "Group" as their should still be hope in surviving the outbreak and returning. The dynamics can then be picked up and they try to stick together and be noticed as say, Survivors of the apartments at dubky ect. Then after a few weeks of failed operations, potential casualties whilst trying to maintain hope and civility, ect ect. Groups pop up that dont rely on the help of CDF/UN/Russian forces and decide to become these sole survivors. 

Im not trying to limit who people play with at all, more just to keep the flow of the lore wipe as just that and not let things return to how they are now in the space of a few weeks. I dont see how its a rule, just a fundamental part to progress the lore in a way that doesn't eradicate the lore wipe by allowing random groups to pop up out of the blue without really making the IC sense to. Which is why i added the suggestion of LM approved groups, similar to how the old system worked. But just to make sure it fits with the lore. So we dont have a cannibal group popping up 2 weeks in, or some isolated people who fear everyone and anything. Id like the lore to develop at a nice pace where we all have chance to RP the different stages of the infection and allow all our characters to truly develop and morph into whatever direction people choose. 

APTerminator    78

There will always be "groups" operating, it's really just simply if they will role only as dynamic or as an official group. That being said there have been low quality groups in the past that have practiced low quality RP.  If the loremasters or admin team have a say in groups & group actions again I feel the RP quality of the community will rise. So I'd have to agree with LM factions/approved groups here.

Rory    1587
43 minutes ago, Boston said:

Yeah, I agree with this. Let the initial lore begin, and then allow groups to form from IC development.

Some groups may have come to the country together. keep that in Mind.

-1 from me. We don't need even more limits than we already have.

14 minutes ago, APTerminator said:

There will always be "groups" operating, it's really just simply if they will role only as dynamic or as an official group. That being said there have been low quality groups in the past that have practiced low quality RP.  If the loremasters or admin team have a say in groups & group actions again I feel the RP quality of the community will rise. So I'd have to agree with LM factions/approved groups here.

Also this. No more Ideas that are totally breaking immersion and don't even make sense in the Lore.
We need group approval back.

Majoo    742

I'm against this. There is no need to stop people from creating groups for a while.

The people in those groups created are anyway gonna play together straight from the start and roll as dynamic, which in the end in IC is exactly the same as official group since the only real difference is having group approved on the forums and having CP.

I support having LM factions + only LM accepted groups. 

+even if people decide to post the group like 1/2 days after the lore wipe if the group approval process is implemented the groups are gonna have to go through review/feedback/changes up to final form and getting accepted if the approval process is added and ends up being similar to the old one.

Which will take the group in the end about few days up to a week maybe more to get accepted i reckon? 

Kyle_Jones    226

people are naturally gonna band together at the start, so this is just stupid imo.

Commissar    119

Most people will meet up with there friends and RP together from the start, and there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe there back stories will be linked or something. I think groups should also be kept to a minium at the start. IMO you should play the game for a bit, have relationships, good or bad form, stories starting to develop before making a group, because that is what makes a good group IMO. Have the groups Lore revovle around that. I personally will do what I did the first time I joined the community and run around solo and see who I bump into and take things from there. The best RP storyline I ever had come from doing that.

What I think the LM's should do is release/post the new Lore as soon as it's finished, not on the day of the wipe, that way people can form characters that maybe they didn't think of and also create groups that fit into the Lore if they wish. Releasing the new Lore on the day of the wipe would give people very little to no time to create good deep story rich characters/groups because allot of people will just want to jump straight in and play.

Skinner    506
Posted (edited)

I agree that people are going to want to play what they want to play, and with the people they want to play with. However, I think people SHOULD seek LM approval in certain "common sense" areas. It really depends on the significance of your group.

Are you a farmer? Teacher? Rock star traveling through on a European tour? Business executive here to ink a multi-million dollar business deal? Fine, no problem, knock yourselves out! On the other hand, are you an elite US special operations unit, or "Alpha Company" from the US marines, or the Chinese Navy, NATO Fast Reaction Force, The Russian Spetznaz, etc? If so, then maybe you should get LM approval before you start making world changing decisions about who you are and what the consequences of your decisions are going to be on the overall lore and all character that follow.

An old example I remember was the prison island, a lot of people used to like to make escaped prisoner characters, and that's fine. However, your prison story should never power game someone else's, because if you run into them or you both tell your story to a third party, it would be confusing if you both claimed to be the most infamous prisoner in the place even though neither of you ever heard of each other.

So a kind of "rule of thumb" I usually use regarding LM approval is: Are you a low impact character that won't affect others lore, like a prison? No approval needed, go for it! Are you a high impact character that would have affected other people and might affect their lore, like the prison warden who everyone would have had to have known? Get LM approval! I STRONGLY urge folks who are excited about making new character after the lore wipe to start small. Make a farmer, make a civilian, a businessman, a doctor, a mechanic. Be someone who isn't going to be impacting the lore of those around you and the people who will follow you. If you DO want to be a super soldier or some high profile high impact character, either join one of the MULTIPLE existing official military groups that the LM's are either directly involved in running or at least approve of (Like the Chernarussian Defense Force, the United Nations Peacekeepers, the World Health Organization, or the Russian military), or ask the LM's for approval first!

Be an escaped inmate, don't be the Warden of the whole prison.

Edited by TheMatt924

Beni    868

I mean,

Both myself and @Boose and a few others are planning on making teenage characters that knew eachother before Chernarus, so like.... If six of us plan to do this, I don't see why we shouldn't class our self as a group? We'd be a group of friends... We'd have our own goals and such... I don't see why we shouldn't. I mean, people outside of he safe-zone could be " bandits ".

I think the LM group approval system should come back. So I'm going to go with option two. 

Randle    932

Agree with beni as usual.

It's also a game, a group in a game isn't doing any harm as long as it's not instantly and edgy 18 bit clowns group.

Odap the Corruptor    415
Just now, Randle said:

Agree with beni as usual.

It's also a game, a group in a game isn't doing any harm as long as it's not instantly and edgy 18 bit clowns group.

*Spawns at coast finds a clown mask*

No.... not today....

Tbh why does it matter its just a game let people trap out with there friends.

Voodoo    489

Id say we just have the proper group approval back in place.

It would be nice to see lore only factions but that could backfire and cause more harm than good. At the end of the day its a game, as long as new groups are monitored correctly im sure things will be fine.