Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:40
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Banks

[WIP] 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment [RECRUITMENT OPEN]

Banks    51
Posted (edited)

POST LORE WIPE GROUP

DISCLAIMER: This group is not another standard US military group, SF group, or PVP group. This will be a group of hardcore military, survival, and hostile (when necessary) roleplay. Always looking for improvements and please correct me if my historic timing is inaccurate, but this is a post lore-wipe group and I am unaware of exactly how things will be going down. Thank you.

-gFXsDBRh-8LaIgS6K7S2oppEbIn013Cdkk6UA1DM3DvwS-X5IeS1lslpfyxaG6S2yVSzHpWbMPQ6DzHk1hOE9AFmk-u4W6mex9G_5TCblXmrINXFiVi3FgoMFEWY3UqZ_qKItCY

Alpha Company “Darkhorse”, 3rd Battalion / 5th Marine Regiment

“Get Some.”

History of the 3rd Battalion 5th Marine Regiment

3rd Battalion, 5th Marines (3/5) is an infantry battalion in the United States Marine Corps. The battalion, nicknamed "Darkhorse", is based at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California and consists of approximately 1,000 Marines and sailors. They fall under the command of the 5th Marine Regiment and the 1st Marine Division.

3rd Battalion was deployed for the 2003 invasion of Iraq to oust Saddam Hussein. The Battalion was again deployed in 2004 to capture the city of Fallujah from insurgents' control. In November 2004, the Battalion, along with several other units, participated in Operation Phantom Fury (also known as Al Fajr (Dawn)) and was part of one of the biggest battles in Iraq to that time.

On June 20, 2006, seven Marines and a Navy Corpsman of Kilo Company were charged with the April 26, 2006, murder of disabled Iraqi civilian Hashim Ibrahim Awad, an event referred to as the "Hamdania incident”. All eight face additional charges of kidnapping, conspiracy, larceny, assault and housebreaking or unlawfully entering a dwelling. Five of the men are accused of making a false official statement.

On May 19, 2006, Darkhorse Marines captured three insurgents responsible for the kidnapping and detention of Jill Carroll, an American journalist with the Christian Science Monitor.

In June 2006, 3/5 avenged the death of four Scout Snipers who belonged to 2/4 who had been killed on a roof top in Ramadi in 2004. 3/5's mission in Habbaniyah killed the insurgent sniper and driver of a vehicle. The sniper rifle was demilitarized and now resides at the 5th Marines Regimental Command Post.

The battalion's nickname "Darkhorse" sprang from the radio call sign it used in Korea, chosen by Col. Robert Taplett, who as the Battalion Commander (CO) during that time had the call sign of "Darkhorse Six". The name fell out of use until 2003; during the training to return to Iraq in 2004 the battalion's CO, Lt Col P J Malay requested use of the Darkhorse call sign as a homage to the Marines bravery in Korea. For the past ten years the nickname has stuck and the battalion now uses it on their unofficial patches.

Our Mission - Operation Takistani Freedom

OUTBREAK

The Chernarus civil war had ended swiftly, burdening Chernarus for years to come. 3/5, attached to the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit was on their toes in Okinawa, Japan, ready to react to anything that could happen to Chernarus and bordering countries after the war with the red star.

The 31st MEU was deployed to Takistan in assistance with NATO forces to provide security among the Takhari Ridge, approximately 10 kilometers south-west of Takmyr. Nothing happened for the 7 months the Marines spent patrolling borders and checking identification, and back to Japan they went. As Marines, they were eager for combat, but at the same time blessed they didn't have conflict while on deployment so they could go home to their families.

h1W362ahZI9VCcWTiLTJ5I6MuUrViro4_MPvpV4jzgmiBXH_XfKkR0paqg7M_0XiPSZeoLpbRTgwcQ-mAy_xSGv83AeB0duYslaB6Lf8EVb-As3DCANvUZFlSRA0bWauNa6C96Je

3/5 was being redeployed to Takmyr, Takistan on a combat mission to push into the Sharman Ghar and meet British Armed Forces in the middle of the country sometime in 2020. After deploying from the USS Essex, 10 nautical miles off the coast of Novigrad, the Alpha Company of the MEU’s Battalion Landing Team was fired up.

About 36 hours before deploying, Lieutenant Colonel J. T. Doan received orders while aboard the USS Essex that his battalion was to redirect themselves to the country of Chernarus to support the Chernarus Defense Force in an attempt to control unusual civilian presence and serve as a blocking position for NATO forces in the area. After confirming that this was a legitimate order from USPACOM, he ordered a Fragmentation Order for all 4 companies. As always, Alpha Company would be the first boots on the ground, and things were planned accordingly to established the best possible outcome for the almost 650 Marines traveling to Chernarus.

//Lore is to be continued after new lore is posted for an accurate depiction of how this group will get stuck in Chernarus.

oKNWbL9ML5F3XDS883URJYge1HSwnP1BX-Rb-Ygjtfm4wqrSctpKhpN10Y1wU5GBaenOsnr7oNCyN61k5zD9ilhIQKpWuUQMvp8f2HqJOsUVsPRwU7doGe86aKqq7yRVe9hzfSEw

Goals

IC

Regroup with other US/NATO/CDF/UN forces

Establish connection with the USS Essex for further orders

Survive

OOC

Supply military and hostile RP

Support a NATO/US faction in the future

Roster

Alpha Company Roster

Captain David Banks

LCpl Harry Penn

PFC Joe Butler

PFC John West

Enlist

Send a message to @Banks on the forums indicating your interest and/or reply to this post.

Edited by Banks
lore update. still working

Rory    1557
Posted (edited)

866e51d304.png
what....

You don't even know the lore yet.
This seems extremely super soldiery if you ask me. 

Also why is your Logo "Dark Horse, Get some" 
Phoenix is confused.

Edited by Phoenix

Skinner    496

What? Why the hell would the United States send its troops in under its own command AND under UN command at the same time? They would just send their already present UN troops to support the CDF in that location. I would suggest getting LoreMaster approval before writing lore about first world superpowers sending troops into the region. 

Randle    927

Major will sort this, we've seen this all too often @Major

William    427

I suggest you talk to the loremasters before making this a thing.

Hebi Kotei    343
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Will said:

I suggest you talk to the loremasters before making this a thing.

Take what my friend @Will said seriously. What you are suggesting makes no sense under the lore, I thought you learnt your lesson the first time:

I think you'll find that the criticism in the previous thread also applies here.

Plus group threads are posted here now: https://www.dayzrp.com/gc/cat/2-dayz-standalone-groups/

There is no more WIP. 

Edited by Hebi Kotei

Skinner    496

As multiple people have pointed out, I really don't think this idea is going to fly, but if you really have you heart set on US military characters then you're welcome to PM me or talk to me on TS about it. I'm currently preparing the UN Military group which will include quite a few US, British, and Canadian military personnel. I'm not sure if you being in charge is a big deal to you or not, or if it's more important to you that you get to RP as an American solider, but at least we could talk it out.

Major    629

Guys chill out just a little bit. We are jumping the gun just slightly here. While I can vouch for Mr. Wacko's Marine rp I will say that what he has now for the Lore is a bit underdeveloped but that is understandable. The goals need to be made a little more attainable and some story about his unit would be cool. Not much to rate at the moment but what is here isn't terrible.

Banks    51
4 hours ago, Phoenix said:

866e51d304.png
what....

You don't even know the lore yet.
This seems extremely super soldiery if you ask me. 

Also why is your Logo "Dark Horse, Get some" 
Phoenix is confused.

Updated some historical background on 3/5 and how they got that name :D. Thanks for that!

Banks    51
3 hours ago, CrazyStryker said:

Your group name perplexes me. :|

Updated this to fix it a little. The classification was wrong at my end further looking into it. Thanks for that.

Zero    451
Posted (edited)

Woo-wee, another one.

"DISCLAIMER: This group is not another standard US military group, SF group, or PVP group. This will be a group of hardcore military, survival, and hostile (when necessary) roleplay. Always looking for improvements and please correct me if my historic timing is inaccurate, but this is a post lore-wipe group and I am unaware of exactly how things will be going down. Thank you."

This is what every military group is saying. You do you but the way it's going the country is going to be filled with nothing but Marines, Army Rangers, and Green Berets. \:

Edited by Zero

John    270
Posted (edited)

@Banks I'd recommend you and I have a chat about US Military groups for post-lore wipe.  If we can't consolidate, we can at the very least help each other out.  I'll shoot you a PM.

----woops, we already talked about this, sorry crazy weekend lol----

Edited by Static

John    270
On 7/3/2017 at 3:00 PM, Zero said:

Woo-wee, another one.

"DISCLAIMER: This group is not another standard US military group, SF group, or PVP group. This will be a group of hardcore military, survival, and hostile (when necessary) roleplay. Always looking for improvements and please correct me if my historic timing is inaccurate, but this is a post lore-wipe group and I am unaware of exactly how things will be going down. Thank you."

This is what every military group is saying. You do you but the way it's going the country is going to be filled with nothing but Marines, Army Rangers, and Green Berets. \:

I recognize a lot of people in this community have a baffling dislike for US military groups.  Frankly, I'm tired of this reaction.  There's only been two US military groups proposed for the lore-wipe: this one and ODA 5412.  Any others have been dissolved.  Let me break down for everyone why US military groups are not in opposition to the lore.

1. The US military was stationed in Chernarus during the civil war in 2009.  Specifically, the US Marine Corps served alongside the CDF and NAPA against Chedaki and (briefly) Russian forces.  The US military and/or NATO would have continued to be present in the area for years after, eventually moving into an advisory role as the country rebuilds.  There are examples of this all over the world, but specifically in Eastern Europe.  Read up on Kosovo if you are unfamiliar.
  2. The country borders Takistan, a Muslim country with a constant threat of transnational terrorism and insurgency.  After 2001, the US pretty much acts with impunity on matters of terrorism across the globe.  Since Chernarus and Takistan are bordering states, the US would likely use Chernarus as a staging ground for many operations into Takistan.  Read up on Kazakhstan's cooperation with the US military operations in Afghanistan.
  3. In instances of biological pandemics, the US military has been part of the response force as of late.  During the Ebola crisis in 2013, US forces were sent in-country to help contain the spread as best they could.  That, coupled with a much more aggressive approach than regularly taken in most pandemic situations, helped to dramatically reduce the disease from reaching truly global pandemic levels.
  4. Chernarus also borders Russia, a country which has frequently upset its neighboring states.  Ukraine is a perfect example, and actually ties into the lore.  The Russian decision to illegally annex Crimea and support an active rebellion against the Ukrainian government significantly strained Russo-Chernarussian relations.  NATO presence in Cherarus was approved by the CDF and Chernarussian government as a means to dissuade Russia from continuing their expansionist policies there.  So, US military and NATO forces would be in-country and nearby (and they are, according to the Loremasters).

If about 20 people in this community deciding to make US military groups really 'triggers' you, I recommend you learn to accept how the world works.  The US is gonna be there, and those of us who have chosen to create groups for it have coordinated pretty heavily to avoid the common pitfalls associated with US military groups in the current iteration of the community.  We are a small part of a much larger community that encompasses groups like the Russian military, the UN (civilian and peacekeeping), CDf, and many many others.  Our 20 or so members (assumingly) will not impact your RP, and if you're afraid we will, then know that we're trying to do everything we can to not repeat the mistakes of our past.

With that said, Banks and I have spoken on this at some length.  I believe that with the LM's assistance, we can make these groups fit well within the new lore.

Banks    51

Fucking Marines are back and here to stay. Enlist today to join the most hardcore military RP on DayZRP.

Banks    51
12 hours ago, Static said:

You confuse me @Banks.

That's my job ;)