Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:00
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
APTerminator

Group idea: Sanctuary of Survivors[Post Lore-Wipe][WIP]

APTerminator    78
Posted (edited)

I'm not one of those people who joined the community so I could spawn, run to Kabanino, try to rob someone, die and repeat. I much prefer the PvE aspect of the game, as running alone it can be hard enough to do that without a group of 10 crazy clowns/Chernarussian Ultranationalists/Sea cops trying to hunt you down. So I want to start a new group, or at least gauge what interest the community would have for a group like this. I don't have any fancy photoshop application or anything like that so if someone wants to provide some artwork/images if this does become a thing that'd be cool.

-----------

aqIKlFH.png

The Sacntuary of Survivors (SOS) is quite simple and straightforward: A sanctuary for survivors of the zombie apocalypse. Made up of many different cultures and ethnicities, the SOS will accept anyone who is open to the people in the group and will put there old affiliations behind them, whether it be NAPA, CDF, Chedaki, UN/NATO and etc.. The Sanctuary will not actively seek out other groups, and will defend themselves when called upon. Overall we work to find cohesion with each other, and make living in the apocalypse easier, both physically & mentally.

Lore

(Will be edited & expanded once the LoreMasters release lore information)

After the world went to shit, there were still some survivors, with a American emigre being one of them. Jacob Austin, a man who lived in Chernarus for some time before the apocalypse, even before the Chedaki civil war. for the first 2 weeks, Jacob sat in his home, rifle in hand, waiting for the police, or national guard, or army to sweep through with aid packages, and restore order to Chernarus. After all during the civil war there was a time when he government only guaranteed protection of the large cities. This crisis must be just a more severe form of that, since the government was caught so off guard.

It was a week before Jacob Austin left his home. There were rumors on the radio frequency of victims of the crisis being attacked by people infected with a virus. He walked out of his apartment block to see that there were some people walking the streets. He walked up to one, but that person was infected, and attacked him. Jacob realized that the rumors were true, and that people had actually become zombie like. Jacob understood the many tourists, immigrants, & doctors of the region could not survive for long on their own without some sort of help from a local. Those who didn't know the lay of the land would be dead if they couldn't get out of the cities and villages. They had to have a place where they could stay safe, they needed a sanctuary.

IC Goals

-Stay to ourselves, avoiding group politics, but grow ourselves to become traders when the time is right 

-Teach our members to defend themselves, with a myriad of guns and other weapons

-Have members forge past alliances and past hostilities, and start ourselves anew in the new world

OOC Goals

-Provide PvE RP, not RPvP

-Focus on the environmental survival aspect of the apocalypse

-Create a functional settlement

Applications

Will be sent to me, APTerminator, if this group goes into final stages. I like to meet people in-game and RP with them before I decide to stick with them or not. Not all questions are pertinent to your chances of being accepted, but you will *must* fill out all responses

Spoiler

Name: 

Character Name: 

Character Age: 

RP Experience: 

Former Groups: 

Timezone, and times you usually RP: 

Have you been involved in any reports in the past 3 months(If so, please link it/them): 

Can you transition from a 'banter' ooc situation to a serious IC situation quickly?: 

Name one thing could help improve this group: 

Other questions/comments: 

And that's just about all I have for now. Feedback is not only appreciated, it's NEEDED to make this group work.

Thank you @Alexis for the group art!

Edited by APTerminator

Zero    451

Yeah, I remember this. Tate went tried to execute a cannibal mass murderer and Kristof said no, banished him, and then Tate went insane and shot some people. Then Kristof went mad with power and tried to wage war with Tate and caused the collapse of the group. It was the first group I ever joined and one of the very few experiences were I said "Wow, that was amazing" at the end.

APTerminator    78
6 minutes ago, Zero said:

Yeah, I remember this. Tate went tried to execute a cannibal mass murderer and Kristof said no, banished him, and then Tate went insane and shot some people. Then Kristof went mad with power and tried to wage war with Tate and caused the collapse of the group. It was the first group I ever joined and one of the very few experiences were I said "Wow, that was amazing" at the end.

The idea is to follow this but not go mad with power, or have anyone die. Should work considering there's no school shooter in the group.

Hollows    447

pOxQCsr.jpg?1

Jericho's suicide letter, @Zero. SoS and Kristof's whole war against me is the whole reason the Regulators exist, and Austellus.

It's the origins! 

Zero    451
3 minutes ago, Hollows said:

-SnIpErInO-

*Single tear.* 

Probably the last meaningful RP I had ever had, I only hope the death of Jeremiah Young created waves that affected many people's RP.

Hollows    447
4 minutes ago, Zero said:

*Single tear.* 

Probably the last meaningful RP I had ever had, I only hope the death of Jeremiah Young created waves that affected many people's RP.

Jeremiah Young's name is still mentioned on Austellus from time to time, and I've heard him be used around before in Dolina. 2015 RP, man. You can't get that quality RP anymore, all the ones we knew are o7.

Posted (edited)

I remember this group when their home used to be at the North east airfield terminal and Tate was in-charge of security and policing. One day whilst at the camp, I remember hearing the voice of a person who robbed me two days ago making small talk on the balcony outside near the fireplace. I confronted the man who denied it completely. A screaming match ensured and Tate and the SOS took my side of the story and placed him into custody and temporary holding, which was that small room with the bucket and mop across the hallway from the police staff office... didn't really see him after that. Ahhh, those were some genuine RP days..

Edited by Sulla

Skinner    496
9 hours ago, Hollows said:

pOxQCsr.jpg?1

Jericho's suicide letter, @Zero. SoS and Kristof's whole war against me is the whole reason the Regulators exist, and Austellus.

It's the origins! 

Wait, is this old or do notes actually work again?! I tried writing in-game notes multiple times in the last few months and it has never worked. If anyone has had success writing notes, is there a "trick" to getting it to work properly??

As for the  group, I love the idea. I think it might be a little bit early on for groups of survivors from all backgrounds to band together, but it is at least believable. From my viewpoint, as soon as the lorewipe occurs we are going to be still relatively clueless what exactly is going on, there will probably still be hope that the disease can be cured or vaccinated against, and that the world will return to normal when this whole virus thing blows over. I don't think everyone would be aware that the world as they knew it is over.

Rory    1557

Sounds like you're one of those that hates on all PVP in this Community, although PVP is a vital part of the game too. Just saying.
Sounds very generic tbh. Needs some unique goals.

10 hours ago, APTerminator said:

I'm not one of those people who joined the community so I could spawn, run to Kabanino, try to rob someone, die and repeat.

I mean.. that's a little offensive to those that actually try to bring good RP through Banditry.

APTerminator    78
2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

-snipit-

I'm not trying to be disrepectful, and I do enjoy pvp every so often. Banditry RP is great, but lately it seems that it's more likely to devolve into becoming someone's personal slave for an hour or so. If what I said did offend you, I apologize, because it wasn't intended.

Zero    451
3 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

-SnIpErInO-

This is from January or February of 2015.

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Sounds like you're one of those that hates on all PVP in this Community, although PVP is a vital part of the game too. Just saying.
Sounds very generic tbh. Needs some unique goals.

I mean.. that's a little offensive to those that actually try to bring good RP through Banditry.

1. While the idea might be a tad generic, the very first version of the group gave amazing role-play to anyone who had a decent enough attention span and apparently affected enough people to remember characters from the beginning of 2015. As Terminator was from the first group, I have no doubt that he will be able to deliver the same level of RP.

2. I've been both sides of the coin, bandit and survivor role-player. The current state of banditry RP is in my opinion as well as others, the very bottom of the barrel and has devolved to being someone's torture dummy for 30-60 minutes. While I won't throw every bandit into the same category it does feel like a lot of people don't even try anymore to deliver something unique to hostile situations. The notion that people hate PVP groups gets flung around quite a lot but the people who have had the "bandit RP has gotten pretty bad" sthick thrown at them never want to pause and ask themselves "Well gee fellas, maybe we really are doing something wrong." Especially when a large majority of the community seems to be agreeing with the sentiment stated previously. With that being said it's not always the fault of the hostile RPer, sometimes you really do get some salty individual who is mad you took his dank loot, I just don't think it's as common as people like to insinuate.

As a side-note, if you are a bandit role-player there is certainly nothing wrong with it but if you truly want to deliver good hostile RP try to go have a conversation with a group that classifies themselves as survivors. The people who are here for role-play will tell you they don't mind being robbed or anything similar as long as they are given something they haven't seen one hundred times already and will even tell you things that could possibly make each encounter just a little bit more interesting. I think as community members we should all be willingly to accept that we are all still learning and can improve ourselves no matter what the situation is. 

Hollows    447
3 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

Wait, is this old or do notes actually work again?! I tried writing in-game notes multiple times in the last few months and it has never worked. If anyone has had success writing notes, is there a "trick" to getting it to work properly??

As for the  group, I love the idea. I think it might be a little bit early on for groups of survivors from all backgrounds to band together, but it is at least believable. From my viewpoint, as soon as the lorewipe occurs we are going to be still relatively clueless what exactly is going on, there will probably still be hope that the disease can be cured or vaccinated against, and that the world will return to normal when this whole virus thing blows over. I don't think everyone would be aware that the world as they knew it is over.

It's from February of 2015. xD

Alexis    85

This seems interesting. if you need any graphic design feel free to contact me :)))

APTerminator    78
5 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

-snipit-

That's something understandable. I will be out of the country right after the lorewipe hits, so there'd be some time before this actually started. Give it say ~2 weeks after this ends and no government response there'd be a general feeling that this might not just blow over.

1 hour ago, Zero said:

-big snipit- 

Well you put it in words I never really could have. Banditry RP has like you said hit the bottom of the barrel, and it really needs to change (Which hopefully the lorewipe will take care of). And the fact that the original SOS was memorable without having any crazy hidden message from the start is something I hope to replicate. Of course there was the large powerthristy murders at the end which made it. But those weren't planned out, they just happened, so hopefully we have something equally as memorable. And to clarify I wasn't in the original SOS, but I've heard many stories.

Alexis    85

More are coming!! @APTerminator

Rory    1557
On 7/2/2017 at 6:46 AM, APTerminator said:

-Stay to ourselves, avoiding group politics

*sighs*
Another group that doesn't want to interact with any players in populated areas.

Good luck I guess :(