Server time: 2017-10-22, 08:24
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
CrazyStryker

Chernarus Hunters Association [Post Lore-Wipe] [WIP]

Posted (edited)

This group focuses mainly on hunting & fishing, providing food, and helping others no matter their hostility. This is really one of the first groups I've seen focus primarily on hunting and providing to others. I would really love your feedback and remember this is a WIP.

huntersassociation.png.d205032b7b487a75622667c386b63690.png

Having served in the United States Marine Corps and deployed to Chernarus during the rise of the Chedaki, Alex Stryker loved what he used to do. He loved to watch the nature and hunt in Chernarus like he used to do back at home; in Texas. Chase was an avid hunter and loved hunting for game and eating the reward that comes along with every kill. Although, he was limited and couldn’t hunt often, he watched nature in Chernarus. He knew he had to return back to Chernarus one day.

Many years after the conflict in Chernarus and a year after he retired from active service, he decided that moving to South Zagoria, Chernarus would be a great experience and a very good hunting trip. In a few months, he packs his bags and rifles and leaves America for Chernarus. He felt like Chernarus was his home despite how little time he spent there and how little Russian he knew.

Once settling in a small log cabin next to Grishino, he set out hunting in Chernarus and enjoyed it. He hunted a range of animals from rabbits to the Kamchatka bear.

kamchatka.jpg.d1d145c500b1edb5d4dc4463301b95bc.jpg

He decided to look online to see if there was a hunting association in Chernarus and came up with nothing. He responded quickly and formed his own hunting association and advertised everywhere to attract hunters like him. The Chernarus Hunters Association, or as they like to call themselves, The Hunters, consisted of average hunters and few fishers like him from all nationalities due to the increasing number of Americans moving to Chernarus.

Years pass by and in 2017 a new epidemic was rising up in the news. The media said it was a new form of rabies and it was affecting humans. Alex worried thinking his hunts would go bad due to the spread of rabies. He also worried about his owner hunters becoming infected due to the media saying it was a very dangerous form of rabies. A short amount of time passes by and one by one, Alex’s hunters became infected, but it seemed like livestock and wildlife never became infected so Alex silently continued hunting.

Things got worse and Alex finally realized how serious it was when nobody was attending CHA meetings and screams added by gunfire were echoing around him. Clearly sick people started attacking other people.

Alex survived the outbreak by camping in the woods and hunted for food. He knew he needed to help people but how? Then it hit Alex, he decided to rebuild CHA and hunted for food to give to others and sell.

The Hunters provided meat for everyone in need of it. To make a profit, CHA sold its meat at the market, located by a safe camp protected by CDF and the UN. The starving were no longer starving.

hunter.jpg.ac6400005c11e2eb9e5498b554d58aaf.jpg

Goals:

Hunt wildlife and livestock for food

Give food for those in need

Make profit from selling and become a good food provider

OOC Goals:

Provide good hunting and survival roleplay

Become a main source of food through RP

Increase the amount of hunter RP and improve it

Diplomacy:

Friendly to all unless hostile actions are taken upon us

deerpost.jpg.02b0d74fc42b191be840a595524b1a1b.jpg

Rules:

1. Have hunting equipment such as hunting clothing (or camouflaged) with hunting weapons such as shotguns and hunting rifles. Bows are fine as well.

2.   Prioritize hunting and giving to those in need, but do help those that are known hostile to increase relations.

Roles:

Hunting Director: Alex Stryker

Hunter: Gary Truell-Hunter

Butcher:

If anyone is interested in joining don't be afraid to PM me or comment on this thread asking to join. Recruitment is really needed so thank you all.

Edited by CrazyStryker

Sin    127

I love this idea, and I think I have a few friends who will agree with me.  Can't wait.  Hype!

Major    641

I have a sort of mental list of groups I'd love to see in the new Lore and this is one of them. The thread is very WIP obviously, but it is nice and simple and the goals are actually attainable and not just basic bitch like "survive", "find a place", "be scary", etc. The backstory for your character is realistic and reminds me a bit of my whitelist story I did like 3 1/2 years ago. I have some pictures I saved that would fit on the thread if you'd like some help.

I'll keep an eye on this concept. Be neat to see a very remote hunters outpost or lodge somewhere.

+1

1 hour ago, Sin said:

I love this idea, and I think I have a few friends who will agree with me.  Can't wait.  Hype!

Would love to see you hunting with us!

1 hour ago, Major said:

I have a sort of mental list of groups I'd love to see in the new Lore and this is one of them. The thread is very WIP obviously, but it is nice and simple and the goals are actually attainable and not just basic bitch like "survive", "find a place", "be scary", etc. The backstory for your character is realistic and reminds me a bit of my whitelist story I did like 3 1/2 years ago. I have some pictures I saved that would fit on the thread if you'd like some help.

I'll keep an eye on this concept. Be neat to see a very remote hunters outpost or lodge somewhere.

+1

Thank you! If you could provide the pictures that would be great, because obviously this thread is WIP. A lodge would be a very possible thing to do, thanks. ^_^

On 7/1/2017 at 11:54 PM, CrazyStryker said:

Goals:

Make profit from selling and become a good food provider

I'm actually most interested in this goal here. What currency are you planning on measuring this goal with? An in-game currency like ammo? Or some RP'd currency?

Not interested personally (I'm a terrible hunter), but I'm with Major here: this is a very solid and definitive RP niche that I would love to see filled!

1 minute ago, FiftyFootAnt said:

I'm actually most interested in this goal here. What currency are you planning on measuring this goal with? An in-game currency like ammo? Or some RP'd currency?

Not interested personally (I'm a terrible hunter), but I'm with Major here: this is a very solid and definitive RP niche that I would love to see filled!

Most likely it will be based on ammo.

Buddy    1068
Posted (edited)

Good'ol classic hunting group! Now THAT'S something I can get behind! 

I hope that you incorporate fishing into this as well!  

RIP me I completely missed the line of text mentioning "a few fishers"

Best of luck!

Edited by Buddy

Man this brings me back to some of the mod groups in other RP communities. I ran a similar group with similar goals, and it was incredibly interesting to navigate the moral dilemmas of trying to avoid faction politics and remain neutral, while still protecting our own members and interests. In the end we found that hostilities could not always be avoided. I always love to see groups which provide a service/have specific goals in mind other than just "survive", it adds a lot of cool dynamics especially with interactions between groups. Good luck!

On 7/3/2017 at 8:28 AM, Petrovsky said:

Man this brings me back to some of the mod groups in other RP communities. I ran a similar group with similar goals, and it was incredibly interesting to navigate the moral dilemmas of trying to avoid faction politics and remain neutral, while still protecting our own members and interests. In the end we found that hostilities could not always be avoided. I always love to see groups which provide a service/have specific goals in mind other than just "survive", it adds a lot of cool dynamics especially with interactions between groups. Good luck!

Thanks! Nice to see this reminds you of something.

Banks    52

Looks good. Reminds me of a group I was in called The Rangers. Based on hunting and surviving. Best of luck.

Laurence Taylor    3

Love this idea, it's basically what I do anyway. tend to stay away from canned food and military equipment/weapons and I steer towards improvised backpacks and tools.

Might think about joining if you don't mind having a bit of a mad Aussie bloke running around representing the group :D

21 minutes ago, Laurence Taylor said:

Love this idea, it's basically what I do anyway. tend to stay away from canned food and military equipment/weapons and I steer towards improvised backpacks and tools.

Might think about joining if you don't mind having a bit of a mad Aussie bloke running around representing the group :D

Wouldn't mind an Aussie and would love to see you hunting with us!

Laurence Taylor    3
1 minute ago, CrazyStryker said:

Wouldn't mind an Aussie and would love to see you hunting with us!

cool, i'll have a think and get back to you. got plenty of time anyway (not 100% sure when the wipe is?).

I've only just recently joined back the community so I'm just settling back in for now, but this is definitely something i'll be interested in.

Skinner    506

It's awesome to see a believable civilian group for a change! Love the lore, love the artwork, best of luck with this idea!

Major    641

I'll send some pics to you later today. :)

Dicey    5

My character was briefly part of a group that fished on the coast and provided this fish for trade, but also for free if someone was hungry and didn't have anything to give for it. So I enjoy the concept. Best of luck!

3 hours ago, TheMatt924 said:

It's awesome to see a believable civilian group for a change! Love the lore, love the artwork, best of luck with this idea!

2 hours ago, Dicey said:

My character was briefly part of a group that fished on the coast and provided this fish for trade, but also for free if someone was hungry and didn't have anything to give for it. So I enjoy the concept. Best of luck!

Thank y'all!