Server time: 2017-10-19, 20:09
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dew

Vozdushno-desantnye voyska Rossii [VDV] [Post Lore-Wipe] [WIP]

Dew    425
Posted (edited)

GLkg3C6.png

The Vozdushno-desantnye voyska Rossii are an airborne branch of the Russian Armed Forces.They were formed during WW2 and were once the largest airborne force in the world this changed during the collapse of the soviet union where they lost divisions in Ukraine and Belarus. The airborne assault troops of the VDV are chosen from volunteers based on physical fitness, intelligence and loyalty; each division consists of around 6000 lightly armoured troops accompanied by a small amount of light armored vehicles. Their mission is to act quickly in the wake of national emergencies.

--

10-7-2017: Origins

After the events of July 10th when CDF fighter jets bombed Russian border posts, many of the Russian population panicked. The borders of Russia had a massive influx of ethnic Russians attempting to leave South Zagoria and enter Russia. Several refugees showed signs of an infection which led the FSB turning them back into South Zagoria. As more and more of these refugees started to show signs of this special virus and were turned away. The FSB began reporting these special cases to their higher ups. After multiple encounters of these refugees with the virus, high command had been alerted. Once word had got to the Kremlin, a Quarantine had been placed on South Zagoria by Russia.

After a meeting at the Kremlin, due to the inaccessibility of the terrain and traffic jams caused by the quarantine, it was decided to send a company of the VDV to assess the situation in South Zagoria. The tasks would be to secure the border, get information about the virus, and hold the Northern half of South Zagoria.The commander of the Airborne Troops, Andrey Serdyukov, was appointed with the task of choosing a company leader in the VDV to deploy in South Zagoria. After careful consideration Commander Serdyukov chose Major Vyacheslav Mikhailov to pick a Company to deploy with in South Zagoria.

17-7-2017: Preparation

After the decision was made about which company would be deployed, Major Vyacheslav Mikhailov of the 104th Airborne Division was briefed on what would be known as “Operation Vikhr”. Major Vyacheslav Mikhailov was given the freedom to chose one company of the VDV under his command to insert into South Zagoria.The company Major Mikhailov chose was Viktor Company otherwise known as “Krovavyye Sokoly.” They were chosen because they were dependable in the line of combat and had experience from being deployed in Chechnya and Ukraine. Major Mikhailov was given strict orders not to escalate the already fragile relations with Chernarussian Armed Forces but to solely focus on securing the borders and maintaining the quarantine until further instructions. The “Sokoly” were rallied and briefed; they were to be inserted into the country via airdrop in the open fields west of Grozovoy Pass from where they could carry out their mission.

23-7-2017 / 24-7-2017 Deployment

Late night July 23rd, Major Mikhailov informs his men that a jump was to take place at 01:00. The soldiers of the VDV begin preparations for their insertion to Chernarus. As the men pack their gear up, as they have many times before, there was a sense of uneasiness. Discussion on what exactly was going on was commonplace and for the first time for many of the soldiers, they weren’t sure exactly who the enemy was. They finished preparing their weapons along with anything else they might need for the mission including rations and other supplies to set up operation posts upon arrival. The men loaded onto the planes as ready for their mission as they could be. Prepared to complete said mission with the means provided by them through their years of experience.

Under the cover of darkness, the Russian Ilyushin Il-76 departed Novofedorivka Air Base. The short flight brought them to northern South Zagoria and at 02:00, reached its drop zone. The men stood up as the jump lights came on and looked at the cargo ramp as it began to open.

24-7-2017: Arrival

The silence of the night was broken by the sounds of boots thudding onto the ground, and shutes fluttering in the wind.  The men of the VDV land and converge on their designated rendezvous point and assembled their forces together. Once assembled, they moved through the evacuated countryside, and upon arrival at the military base Tisy, they found it just as empty. Major Mikhailov sent patrols to search around the base, and to secure the most Northern part of the border. The rest of the Company then moved to Bash to setup a FOB and secure the airfield.

-------------More to be added as IC events occur-------------

YycTrWl.png

etBrvG0.png

Mayór

Dew - Vyacheslav Mikhailov

Kapitán

Joffrey - 

Stárshiy Leytenánt

Dusty - Artemi Kruznetsov

Leytenánt

Undead - Ermak Aleksandrov

William - Rudolf Vasolov 

Starshiná

Hebee - Boldayev Yanovich

Tom - Fedor Stechkin

Shroud - Andrei Kyznetsov

Ryadovóy

Randle - Nikolas Sladek

Shane - Vladimir Clogovich

Zorbz - Pyotr Aleksandrov

Septimus - Stefan Borovsky

Viking - Roman Sokolov

Wendigo - Alexei Ivanov

Doom -  Iosif Sobolev

Jewell - 

Mexi - Abram Volkovo

Kevin - 

ExoticRainbow - Roman Bazinov

Blake - Maksym Gusev

Erik - Yuri Cervanka

EvanM23 - Vitaly Orlov

Shadows - Kholodov Ilya

Focus - Kazimir Volkov

oPlgxoG.png

Provide top tier military roleplay

Create an immersive military environment through means of Role playing with all.

We are actively searching for members to join our ranks. Recruitment is open to all, there will be a series of trials for those that wish to join.

Message @Dew if interested.

Thank you @Flash for drawing the pictures

Edited by Dew

WilliAM    431

Can't wait my dudes

Randle    928

Real control hours

Hebee    2655

*Prepares Russian fidget spinner*

Seiceps the Deceiver    309

giphy.gif

Flash    385

alright let's stop stroking ourselves in our own thread lads. 

Hollows    450

Almost reminds me of SVR. Looks good dudes, looks good. +1

Papa Tachanka    46

tenor.gif

I am stoked. Let's see it in action.

Odap the Corruptor    411

Ehhhh its lit.

Majoo    742

Lookin pretty cool guys.

Rory    1563

Was hyping for chedaki but nevermind lol. :P Randle coming in with the shitty group names again. ;) 
Good Luck.

Naz    19

Looks fantastic you guys.

PCJames    202

Looks really nice guys, I like the letter from Putin. 

Rolle    2946

But you don't know the new lore, so how can you create a group before it's announced? What if the new lore starts 20 years after the outbreak? No armies would be left by then and the group would not make sense. A lot of assumptions made here.

Nothing wrong with the idea though, just thought I'd point it out :)

Seiceps the Deceiver    309
1 minute ago, Rolle said:

But you don't know the new lore, so how can you create a group before it's announced? What if the new lore starts 20 years after the outbreak? No armies would be left by then and the group would not make sense. A lot of assumptions made here.

Nothing wrong with the idea though, just thought I'd point it out :)

"Discussion" To discuss if people would like to see something like this, maybe some suggestions to the idea etc etc

Rolle    2946
Just now, Species said:

"Discussion" To discuss if people would like to see something like this, maybe some suggestions to the idea etc etc

I understand, but similarly I could post a Master Chief Halo group discussion thread, hoping that the new lore takes place in space 300 years from now. Yanoe :D Sorry, I'm just rambling :D

Idole    184

Well done boys, enjoyed the read can't wait for more. The graphics look great and the letter was a nice touch.

Skinner    505

giphy.gif

Seriously though, this looks great! Really interested to see the way that diplomatic relations between the Russian forces, the CDF, and the UN unfold. If you need red berets I'll keep my eyes open, but I have a feeling you guys have everything under control.