Server time: 2017-10-20, 23:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Desolation Bugs

Viking    199

As we all know arma mods have a tendency to be buggy and glitchy. This is a thread made to point out those bugs and glitches as we come across them. The one I have found is that the zombies and walk through closed doors. So it is tough to find a good hiding spot from them.

Pep    269

Hello- For the time being do not build any storage shacks. 

I have been informed by the developers that the door animations are not functioning and the lock doesn't work as well so everyone can open it without the code. 

Rolle    2956

I've noticed that the server crashes quite often, but no clue what's triggering it right now.

Brady    326

I tried running jumping over a large white fence, and it killed my character. 

Jetwells    0
3 minutes ago, Brady said:

Armad, :L Nothing to do with the mod, All to do with Arma 3, watch out for bushes in cars too, And vaulting over stuff in general :L Why we need Enhanced movement

Kyle_Jones    225
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Brady said:

yup, suggest @Rolle adds in enhanced movement, its smoother.

Edited by Kyle_Jones

KronicMunky    16

Can't use some of the guns unless you have Jets DLC installed. I thought the Cyrus came with marksmen?

melon21    16

Dont run down stairs.

i flew into a corner and died once.

Ducky    71

Many vehicles are missing the "Body" repair function and as such cannot have their hull/headlights repaired to 100%.

Vehicles with Body Repair Function:

• Hatchback (Sport)

Vehicles without Body Repair Function:

• ATV
  • SUV (Vanilla Arma 3)

melon21    16
18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Many vehicles are missing the "Body" repair function and as such cannot have their hull/headlights repaired to 100%.

Vehicles with Body Repair Function:

• Hatchback (Sport)

Vehicles without Body Repair Function:

• ATV
  • SUV (Vanilla Arma 3)

i got pissed off at my atv because i couldn't repair the hull. now i know why.

Harlow    32

Possibly an ArmA III bug: do not leave your hatchbacks on grassy terrains. The car will be glued to the ground forever.

Stradic    286

Two things I noticed with restarts:

1- vehicles may vanish.

2- items in inventory will vanish but some items may randomly show back up after another restart.

Hebi Kotei    346
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Stradic said:

Two things I noticed with restarts:

1- vehicles may vanish.

2- items in inventory will vanish but some items may randomly show back up after another restart.

Might be worth putting a lock on the server after restart for about 5 minutes so that the database can fully load everything before players start loading in, how would you guys feel about something like this? So that the inventory bug does not occur as much.

48 minutes ago, Harlow said:

Possibly an ArmA III bug: do not leave your hatchbacks on grassy terrains. The car will be glued to the ground forever.

Sadly this is ArmA 3.

Edited by Hebi Kotei

KronicMunky    16
14 hours ago, Hebi Kotei said:

Might be worth putting a lock on the server after restart for about 5 minutes so that the database can fully load everything before players start loading in, how would you guys feel about something like this? So that the inventory bug does not occur as much.

+1 to this! Maybe even a pre-restart lock too? I've seen other servers use it, i'm assuming it has it's benefits. Players still have to manually log off, but no new players can join. Probably helps with inventory/persistence mishaps.

Ducky    71

@Rolle

I gotta know, there's been a big issue with base building since the walls, gates and crates tend to jump around and change position upon restart.

On the 2nd the devs tweeted out this. 

Do you know when the fix is coming, because I've heard that the server fix is being released soon.

Rolle    2956

Last I've heard it should be within a day or two. 

Eagle    409

I had been hit by zombies logged out to wait for a mate to help me out as he had medical equipment, came back 5 min later only to be flying at 9999 ALT Re-logged and still stayed up there until I was forced to suicide.

Jetwells    0
7 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I had been hit by zombies logged out to wait for a mate to help me out as he had medical equipment, came back 5 min later only to be flying at 9999 ALT Re-logged and still stayed up there until I was forced to suicide.

Arma bug again, Theirs a few like that on these types of game modes, wait until you spawn as a bunny. Thats even funnier. 

KronicMunky    16

I haven't experienced any of these problems. The only one I do experience is death upon cancelling autorun. Its also possible to run up near flat surfaces and the ocean floor. So no more of that. Secondly, just the fact that I built a house and all that but I can't seem to build more than 2 walls. As soon as I build the 3rd, the 1st disappears everytime. It's like you're limited to two walls. I tried relogging etc but nothing seems to get it to work. Other than that everything is fine. I've got 500+ progression points but I take it the progression system isn't a go yet. Are the lvl 2 houses etc locked behind that progression? They appear for me but the preview can't be placed :)

vivallion    4
On 3.7.2017 at 0:42 AM, Harlow said:

This is called "mud." If a car is parked offroad for too long, it will sink into the gorund and get stuck in the mud. 

Harlow    32
3 minutes ago, vivallion said:

This is called "mud." If a car is parked offroad for too long, it will sink into the gorund and get stuck in the mud. 

Pretty sure it's an ArmA III bug, as it's been clearly stated before. It doesn't seem to happen with other types of vehicles AFAIK.

Eagle    409

Tents inventory seems to get deleted as soon as restart happens 

vivallion    4
13 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Tents inventory seems to get deleted as soon as restart happens 

Try to do it before the last 15 minutes before restart, usually early/mid post restart is safe, but once it starts to hit that 30 min marker, stuff seems to have trouble saving properly as it gets closer to 0. Henche why we need a force save feature of somekind.

Eagle    409
5 minutes ago, vivallion said:

Try to do it before the last 15 minutes before restart, usually early/mid post restart is safe, but once it starts to hit that 30 min marker, stuff seems to have trouble saving properly as it gets closer to 0. Henche why we need a force save feature of somekind.

I'll test it out thanks.

Western    502

Zombies running through walls 

Sign in to follow this