melon21

shall we mod the server?

Vanilla or Modded?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Vanilla or Modded?

• Vanilla
    • Mods bby

melon21    12

Let me know what you guys think and what mods we should incorporate instead of cluttering up the release thread.

Rolle    2450

Well, we have CUPs, so that alone adds a ton of content. Other than that I want to add a pack of civilian/PMC clothing for more variation. Other than that the gameplay itself should stay vanilla I believe.

Jetwells    242

I dont think their should be many other mods either, As Rolle states, CUP covers most things, Id theirs one thing id like, Its advanced rapelling and movement though :P

If you could somehow use Kurt's Survival Mod or configure ACE that would be awesome.  RHS wouldn't be that bad either for more weapons/vehicles, but they would be super rare.

melon21    12
2 minutes ago, Evan Eisenfaust said:

If you could somehow use Kurt's Survival Mod or configure ACE that would be awesome.  RHS wouldn't be that bad either for more weapons/vehicles, but they would be super rare.

desolation already has a hunger, thirst, blood and temperature system built in.

Rolle    2450
58 minutes ago, Mike-Styles said:

Can we do RHS please rolle :)

We cannot, due to their license.

1 hour ago, Rolle said:

Well, we have CUPs, so that alone adds a ton of content. Other than that I want to add a pack of civilian/PMC clothing for more variation. Other than that the gameplay itself should stay vanilla I believe.

Can you explain this please? I'm not familiar with our addons. 

Mike-Styles    19
7 hours ago, ChocoCharizard said:

Can you explain this please? I'm not familiar with our addons. 

The CUP addons or Community Upgrade Project, it ports pretty much every single arma 2 weapon, vehicle, character skin, backpacks and other items into arma 3.

Hebi Kotei    302
Posted (edited)

TFAR, custom skins and clothing, too many to think about right now tbh.

This might also be interesting to add: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333310405

Edited by Hebi Kotei

Peaches    26
1 minute ago, Jetwells said:

This and Advanced Rappeling so we can climb down buildings we get trapped in by zeds and such would be cool. 

As much as I like advanced rappelling..you can use it in too many places and it just gets really impractical at some points...and really just visually breaks the immersion, even on Exile or something.

Jamie    1181
9 minutes ago, Mike-Styles said:

JSRS

I can't remember if there's any sound modifiers for weapons, but if there is not then I slap a plus one on this. 

Jetwells    242
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I can't remember if there's any sound modifiers for weapons, but if there is not then I slap a plus one on this. 

The two most popular thats used are JSRS and Blastcore, I think JSRS does have the weapons sound mods in that back. To add onto that though, They are a big improvement and imo much more authentic than the pew pew lasers. And another, I think JSRS can be client side, So it could be a choice if you wish to use them or not. 

Edited by Jetwells

Jetwells    242
33 minutes ago, melon21 said:

JSRS is a client side mod, it is not needed server side to run.

You still need it authorized server side or you wont be able to access the server.

melon21    12
2 minutes ago, Jetwells said:

You still need it authorized server side or you wont be able to access the server.

Didn't think about that. good point.

13 hours ago, melon21 said:

desolation already has a hunger, thirst, blood and temperature system built in.

Ah yeah true, haven't played it yet but I am checking it out now.  Looks very good!

Definitely would not mind seeing JSRS and Blastcore in the server!  Love those mods!

Pepe Jones    58

TASK FORCE RADIO!!!

The Arma Voip is super quiet and generally terrible compared to Dayz SA. I would say it's a necessity for RPing on an Arma server that way you can actually hear the person you are talking too. And I'm sure my boy @Rolle agrees right?

Rolle    2450
Just now, Pepe Jones said:

TASK FORCE RADIO!!!

The Arma Voip is super quiet and generally terrible compared to Dayz SA. I would say it's a necessity for RPing on an Arma server that way you can actually hear the person you are talking too. And I'm sure my boy @Rolle agrees right?

Yes, you're right, the only problem with it is the installation and 3rd party requirement of TeamSpeak which generally discourages new players from joining.

Chaostica    143

I know we've asked before and many of us can overlook this minor detail but once again have to ask, um...where are the female character models? Part of the population is not going to play this if they are stuck with male character models. I know for myself I can overlook this detail but there are many who cannot and do not feel comfortable playing a male character model. Can we pleaaaase provide for this?

Hebi Kotei    302
4 hours ago, Rolle said:

Yes, you're right, the only problem with it is the installation and 3rd party requirement of TeamSpeak which generally discourages new players from joining.

I mean people handle it for arma 3 life servers.

Rolle    2450
5 hours ago, Chaostica said:

I know we've asked before and many of us can overlook this minor detail but once again have to ask, um...where are the female character models? Part of the population is not going to play this if they are stuck with male character models. I know for myself I can overlook this detail but there are many who cannot and do not feel comfortable playing a male character model. Can we pleaaaase provide for this?

ArmA3 devs are sexist :D 

3 hours ago, Hebi Kotei said:

I mean people handle it for arma 3 life servers.

urite

Sign in to follow this