Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:00
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Pinky

A thread for IC relationships going into and beyond the lorewipe

Pinky    128

So I have always been a fan of the thought of having an IC connection with someone established into my characters lore (like having a ic brother or sister who is also a player), However, I do not have any friends. So that's why I thought a thread similar Moxy's looking for group thread would be nice for players like me, and new players coming into the game who want to expand upon their characters and in return it might bring some juicier RP especially going into a lore wipe.

With the lore wipe will bring tons of new characters, and reworked characters who have the potential to have a uncle, brother, lover, or even a work friend still alive and somehow wondering chernarus with them.

I want to add I am making this a "suggestion" before anything because I am not sure if this interests anyone except me and I would have no idea where to put a thread like this on the forums. But I would be more then happy to take the time to make this thread if it was a popular idea among the community.

Tl;DR: A thread where people can say "hey im interested in making(or adjusting) my character with a connection with another character heres alittle about my character and myself..."
if that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

PCJames    202

So like eharmony? 

Keira    1450

I also enjoy these kind of things in RP to help build and connect backgrounds. I wouldnt mind this, I'd say just make the thread!

Poppy    378

I really like this idea. I always wanted to RP that I lost my brother/sister and that with the help of people IC we can find each other and then rp together. Nice idea. +1

Lyca    781

Sure I like the idea. I don't see a problem with making a thread like that.

People who don't want to use it, don't have to look at it. Just make the thread. ^_^

matusmanis    21

I have actualy planned on putting a thread exactly like this in a few days. Just wanted to wait until we are a bit closer to wipe.. so you have beaten me to it :D

I planned on putting it into dayz discusion, altho i more of wanted to give it a template like

My char info: (basics about character)

Looking for: (bro, sis, mother.... perhaps some details about what should they be like if you want to go that deep)

And than people that may be interested in playing that kind of char would simply reply to that thread or pm..

Posted (edited)

We are actually able to post this kind of stuff in the normal forums A.K.A the general discussion. At least, that's where I've done it, alongside a couple of other players.

But a thread about it? Could work, yeah, but I would vote for a whole sub-forum for it, since we would get a bigger freedom on our posts, and it wouldn't be as cluttered as the "Looking for Group" topic  is.

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

Faith    730

Honestly it'd be pretty cool to see what my new character forms into. She's going to be shy. So it may be on a basis of having Stockholm Syndrome or just a minor crush depending on how the RP pans out.

Para    312

An interesting idea, go for it i say. +1

Ark    229

Go for it man. The worst that can happen is no one uses it.

Pinky    128

I would be more then happy to make said thread because of the postive feedback that it was given, however my dull mind is not currently capible of coming up with a title for the thread that would make sense for atleast a majority of English speakers. Please help, thanks bye.

Majoo    742

This sounds like pretty cool idea +1 Pinky, go for it and make the thread.

As for the help with name I am dumb when it comes to naming thread such as this...I don't know maybe something like "Looking for related character" ? Probably sounds cringe but hey i tried.

Idole    184

This sounds like a good idea go for it +1 if it doesn't work at least you can say you tried it.

For the name I don't know maybe "looking for associate or co-partner or family members" or something like that. You will find a title you like that sticks out to you.

Alexis    85

I love this idea. +1000. 

PCJames    202

All jokes aside, this does seem like a good idea and I think you should go for it. 

Pinky    128
18 minutes ago, PCJames said:

All jokes aside, this does seem like a good idea and I think you should go for it. 

Will make thread after I wake up from this bomb nap I hope I'm about to have. Thanks everyone so much for the feedback!