Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:44

Sign in to follow this  
Brayces

367.1 [PRIV. FREQ] - SORRY

Brayces    164

*Breathing came in difficult and broken gasps, muffled by her hands as she attempted to steady herself. Lo closed her eyes tight, doing her best to keep quiet with the figure snoring lightly next to her on the opposite bed, her trembling fingers knuckle white against her skin. For a few moments she was able to get her whimpers under control, but her mind still raced. Shakily she pulled free her radio, looking over the barely visible worn and scratched up plastic, she hesitated before dialing in the Frequency slowly... 367.1. The one he had told her to remember in case of emergencies. The radio buzzed to life the soft static hum resonating gently around the room, the figure in the corner didn't budge. Time seemed to move slowly. The yellow hue from the face of the radio, the only source of light in the dark, was blinding to her eyes as she continue to stare; her heart pounding in her chest. It almost hurt to press down the PTT, but she felt the need to do this.*

...Shane?

*Her voice cracked in a barely audible whisper, and she quietly cleared her throat and continued.*

Shane? Can you hear me?

Please, if you can hear me ... You need to know something. I know, it's ...It's been a while and you're angry... But, I ... Ran into him again. B-before you get mad please understand it was a accident. We met with P-Pish Po-osh and his friend, we were driving, there was a t-truck, it h-hit ... and I-we, didn't know it was him. But it was.

It always is.

I have to find you, it's important. Very important.

*She could feel her eyes prick and she blinked away the welling up of tears, but her voice still betrayed her emotions.*

S-Shane, please don't be mad... I told him to not bother you I said it was a bad, bad idea. That he'd regret it. Taz told him too, Taz said he wasn't going to be able to h-hurt you. But, I swore to him I'd tell you what he made me promise to tell to you.

*She paused, keeping the PTT depressed. She didn't know how to continue her words fumbling from her mouth, her voice sounded lost and scared.*

He said you needed to let go, and ... I told him you couldn't do that, that I ... I don't wanna lose you. I told him you'd get mad, and you'd wanna h-hurt him, that you already want to because o-of what happened ... With that man in the woods. He said he was sorry, that he didn't m-mean for that to happen, that the man lied... But, he said ... You can't do that, what you want to do. If you try, even with his friends if you even touch them, he won't be able to stop himself. That he'd be f-forced to do something ... bad. Very, very bad.

Shane ... I'm scared... I'm always scared, but this time ...

I'm ...scared.

*She sniffled and ran a hand over her eyes and nose, her voice breaking down even more. Sentences ran together and words hiccuped.*

I-I don't want anyone to get hurt, please Shane... Please, I don't know what to do, what do I do? W-where are you? Where? Help me find you, please.. I'm w-worried, I'm scared. What d-do I do? Please, tell me what do I do? Please.

Shane...?

Shane ... Are you even out there?

Shane, ... Please...

*She lowered the radio from her lips, releasing the PTT in defeat. The person across from her shifted slightly, but continued to sleep on.*

The Marshal    351

*Shane turned over on his stomach, pulling his bag closer to him in a slow motion in the darkness. He'd taken the bag off to make himself hold a lower profile, blend in better among the grass. Not that he needed to, the dark helped plenty with that. He slowly took the radio from his bag, listening to her. He felt a tug at his gut, listening to the emotion in her voice. A minute passed after she was done speaking before he responded.*

"He said that because he knows."

*His eyes scanned the woods around. This was the area he'd tracked them to. He knew the camp was north of his position, he was just gathering intel on the surrounding areas.*

"He knows what's coming. He has to."

*He sniffs as a blade of grass blew across his face in the wind, brushing against his nose.*

"He should have thought about the consequences before he acted. World has no place anymore for people who act before they THINK."

*He pauses, eyeing a particular shadow in the dark, observing it.*

"There's only two things he can do. Prove his words, instead of making EXCUSES." He growled. "Or wait out til the end like the coward he is, hiding behind his so called friends."

*Another pause as he takes a sip of water from his hidden little hideaway.*

"He can bring the man that cut Me up as a down payment to his reprisal, as a start, if he's so sincere..." He spoke coldly, shifting his weight on his elbows as the sniper rifle pressed lightly across the top of his arms, already dialed in for the shot if one had to be taken.

"Or else, he gets the consequences he failed to contemplate..."

*Another pause.*

"This'll be over soon. I know you want me there, but..."

*He trailed off, looking down. He didn't know what words to follow that up with, so he jut released the PTT*

Brayces    164
14 hours ago, The Marshal said:

*Shane turned over on his stomach, pulling his bag closer to him in a slow motion in the darkness. He'd taken the bag off to make himself hold a lower profile, blend in better among the grass. Not that he needed to, the dark helped plenty with that. He slowly took the radio from his bag, listening to her. He felt a tug at his gut, listening to the emotion in her voice. A minute passed after she was done speaking before he responded.*

"He said that because he knows."

*His eyes scanned the woods around. This was the area he'd tracked them to. He knew the camp was north of his position, he was just gathering intel on the surrounding areas.*

"He knows what's coming. He has to."

*He sniffs as a blade of grass blew across his face in the wind, brushing against his nose.*

"He should have thought about the consequences before he acted. World has no place anymore for people who act before they THINK."

*He pauses, eyeing a particular shadow in the dark, observing it.*

"There's only two things he can do. Prove his words, instead of making EXCUSES." He growled. "Or wait out til the end like the coward he is, hiding behind his so called friends."

*Another pause as he takes a sip of water from his hidden little hideaway.*

"He can bring the man that cut Me up as a down payment to his reprisal, as a start, if he's so sincere..." He spoke coldly, shifting his weight on his elbows as the sniper rifle pressed lightly across the top of his arms, already dialed in for the shot if one had to be taken.

"Or else, he gets the consequences he failed to contemplate..."

*Another pause.*

"This'll be over soon. I know you want me there, but..."

*He trailed off, looking down. He didn't know what words to follow that up with, so he jut released the PTT*

*The voice emanating from the radio caused her to jump suddenly from her reclined and somber staring out the window, but the voice that spoke calmed her down immediately. She clambered to pull it closer to her ears hanging onto each word before pressing down the PTT.*

Shane! You're alive, and out there somewhere!

I'm so happy to hear your voice again.

I'm ... I'm not sure, what you mean ... Though...

You want to speak to that Russian man? The ... One he paid to f-find us? The ... One who hurt you ...?

Who-

*She paused abruptly. A slight bang and commotion could be heard, in the back ground a aggravated but instant voice argued with Lo.*

Look, we need to GO. NOW. I do-, I don't care. Listen, come on, we're going. Now!

*Ruffled fabric brushing against the radio deadened her voice as she continued to transmit.*

Shane, we're-We have to go. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Tell me, where should we head? Where are you at? Please? We need to know-So we-.

*Her radio stopped transmitting instantaneously and without warning, only the soft thrum of static filled the void after her words.*

The Marshal    351

*The airwaves would continue to him for a handful of seconds before the click of a PTT would be heard, and the line would clear up.*

"The place you last saw me. Two days."

*A pause.*

"Maybe less."

*Another pause, longer.*

"Listen to Taz, be careful... stay safe."

*static*