Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:08

Sign in to follow this  
EpicShipshock

Weapons in backpacks

Question

I've been playing this game for about 3 years, but every time I have a gun (pistol, SMG, etc.) in my backpack, I always end up taking something out, putting it back in, and then when I put up the gun I end up leaving it behind. What's the best way to ensure this never happens? Do I just have to be extra careful?

14 answers to this question

melon21    12

generally i put my pistol/smg whatever into my vest, it can be a pain when you first start out on the coast but eventually you get enough room that it is not needed in a backpack.

4 minutes ago, melon21 said:

generally i put my pistol/smg whatever into my vest, it can be a pain when you first start out on the coast but eventually you get enough room that it is not needed in a backpack.

you need a high cap for the aks and mp5 and others. and you cant always get those.

melon21    12
1 minute ago, EpicShipshock said:

-Snip-

Not necessarily, i find that if you have an aks-74u in your bag, then most people will want to rob you instead of doing some roleplay. So its best to just stick to handguns tbh.

Just now, melon21 said:

Not necessarily, i find that if you have an aks-74u in your bag, then most people will want to rob you instead of doing some roleplay. So its best to just stick to handguns tbh.

but how would they know i have an aks or mp5 if it's in my bag or high cap vest?

melon21    12
Just now, EpicShipshock said:

but how would they know i have an aks or mp5 if it's in my bag or high cap vest?

Any kind of bag that can fit an AKS or an mp5 will get you robbed.

A high cap will get you robbed even if you dont have anything in it.

1 minute ago, melon21 said:

Any kind of bag that can fit an AKS or an mp5 will get you robbed.

A high cap will get you robbed even if you dont have anything in it.

well over 80% of people in dayzrp have some kind of bag that can hold an aks, not everyone's getting robbed, and if they are, it's for a different reason other than "that bag might have a gun in it."

melon21    12

Honestly you'd be surprised how many times ive been robbed because i have a tortilla backpack.

Just now, melon21 said:

Honestly you'd be surprised how many times ive been robbed because i have a tortilla backpack.

I usually carry a drybag and i mostly get taken hostage and keep my weapons. I got held hostage by brady's people and i had an alice backpack. i kept all of my guns and ammo and stuff. only lost a balistic helmet and a ghillie wrap.

Majoo    644

/Moved to questions

Also if you hide your gun inside your backpack, vest or any other piece of clothing and then happens what you said above (take it out and leave it behind when you try to put it back) you just have to be careful to not place any other item even into 1 slot of the place where the gun was place otherwise it will either if you try to hide it drop behind on the ground or it will go to your back if you have place for it there.

And then about getting robbed because of backpack, no not everyone robs you because you have bigger backpack. of course if you have big backpack it might attract more people into robbing you but there are really many other reasons why somebody would rob you. Personally if I would to rob you it would definitely not be because of backpack or any piece of gear you have.

3 minutes ago, Majoo said:

/Moved to questions

Also if you hide your gun inside your backpack, vest or any other piece of clothing and then happens what you said above (take it out and leave it behind when you try to put it back) you just have to be careful to not place any other item even into 1 slot of the place where the gun was place otherwise it will either if you try to hide it drop behind on the ground or it will go to your back if you have place for it there.

And then about getting robbed because of backpack, no not everyone robs you because you have bigger backpack. of course if you have big backpack it might attract more people into robbing you but there are really many other reasons why somebody would rob you. Personally if I would to rob you it would definitely not be because of backpack or any piece of gear you have.

I recently lost one of my guns but it was extremely ridiculous how it happened. I took out my rangefinder, and then took out my mp5. There were other slots available but eh rangefinder decided to go into my backpack and into a slot where my mp5 was instead of going into my vest or any other open space in my backpack.

Majoo    644
Just now, EpicShipshock said:

I recently lost one of my guns but it was extremely ridiculous how it happened. I took out my rangefinder, and then took out my mp5. There were other slots available but eh rangefinder decided to go into my backpack and into a slot where my mp5 was instead of going into my vest or any other open space in my backpack.

It happens, what you can do about it is to just be careful about it and always check if you have the space in your inventory before you hide your weapon so you prevent this from happening in the future.

Just now, Majoo said:

It happens, what you can do about it is to just be careful about it and always check if you have the space in your inventory before you hide your weapon so you prevent this from happening in the future.

I just wish there was some way to keep this crap from happening. Thanks. You can close this now.

Jetwells    243
10 minutes ago, EpicShipshock said:

I just wish there was some way to keep this crap from happening. Thanks. You can close this now.

You can, Get a chest holster, Place that in your bag, Put your pistol inside it whilst in your hands so its hotkeyed to your bar, And then when you take it and put it back it will always have the chest holster in the position of your pistol so you always have somewhere for it to go. 

Just now, Jetwells said:

You can, Get a chest holster, Place that in your bag, Put your pistol inside it whilst in your hands so its hotkeyed to your bar, And then when you take it and put it back it will always have the chest holster in the position of your pistol so you always have somewhere for it to go. 

That would work if my secondary wasn't  usually an mp5 or aks. :/