Server time: 2017-10-19, 22:00
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Nollakaks

Problem loading textures

Question

Nollakaks    6
Posted (edited)

After started playing DayZ again after few months pause I'v had issues with loading textures of a buildings and items sometimes. Textures stay blurred even when Im close, but will load after zooming them (mouse2 default). This issue may have been started after 0.62, not sure..

Anyone else have this and/or solution for it?

Spoiler

cross.png.46cce5b8076bd5c32c934104793614c3.png

Spoiler

logs.png.ce718c53c3d93371eb25035fa37dd3e9.png

Spoiler

sack.png.54ed6808faf5b7306d1805a79b65affe.png

Spoiler

shed.png.d3cfcb2ca86cf38fd2960834c75deddf.png

Thanks!

Edited by Nollakaks

16 answers to this question

SmartyyZ    156

Hello!

First of all... make sure your objects in settings are at least set to medium.

Go to your documents and find the DayZ folder.

There should be a file with the name of your PC. For me it looks like that : Svetoslav.DayZProfile.

Open it and hold CTRL-F and search for distance. It should fine few thinks such as : shadowZDistance,preferredObjectViewDistance,viewDistance.

Try to put a bigger number to the preferredObjectViewDistance for example - preferredObjectViewDistance=1600 and the viewDistance should be set at 1600. Keep in mind that it might take some of your frames and not help you, but it's worth to try.

Kind regards,

Smartyy

Nollakaks    6

Objects are very high and those distance things does not have effect on this. Problem occur every now and then, not always.

I'v had always same settings and this problem is new for me. Started propably after 0.62 update.

Poppy    378

Hello! I had this issue once, and oddly enough, lowering the graphic settings overall worked for me.

You can also try to flush your dayz.

Hope this works.

Nollakaks    6

Hmm, nothing happens when trying that flush thing. Should that keycombo bring console or something?

Nollakaks    6

Just verifyed and didnt help. Not a big deal, but very annoying bug..

SmartyyZ    156

Hey.

The last think you can try is to reinstall the game.

Poppy    378
On 6/28/2017 at 6:17 PM, Nollakaks said:

Hmm, nothing happens when trying that flush thing. Should that keycombo bring console or something?

No, you just hold it, release it and type, and I think the word flushing should appear on the screen, along with the grapics to reload

Nollakaks    6

I tried that again, but I just cant get it work.

I believe what you are seeing are so called "LOD-Models" these models are in the game to be rendered at long distances, where the normal person can't see the difference between a high poly model. It's to save performance. I don't really know why this happens, but I would suggest you to go into your Nvidia Experience or whatever you have, and reset the games graphical settings.

Nollakaks    6

If Im not wrong, my Nvidia settings are default. But Im gonna try that little later. Im actually right now reinstalling the whole game to see if that helps. I also noticed that I had still some sweetFX/Reshade files here and there so I deleted those too.

Nollakaks    6

Reinstalled the game but that didnt help. I also restored Nvidia 3d settings to defaults, that didnt help either, but as a side note after that appears Ambient Occlusion setting which I didnt have before and thats kinda odd. O.o

SmartyyZ    156

Hello once again.

Try to uninstall your drivers with DDU and then install them back if you haven't tried yet.

To be honest I had the same issue before few months and it just went away by itself... So if this doesn't help you, then the best bet will be to wait and hope it will go away.

Kind regards,

Smartyy

KronicMunky    16
1 hour ago, Nollakaks said:

Reinstalled the game but that didnt help. I also restored Nvidia 3d settings to defaults, that didnt help either, but as a side note after that appears Ambient Occlusion setting which I didnt have before and thats kinda odd. O.o

Don't have a clue why nobody pointed you this way, it's literally a known bug with dayz latest patches, nothing on your end, and uninstalling display drivers, software and the game won't help. Its a bug. Please see below. You can also find many videos about it on youtube :)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#List_of_Stable_Changelogs

Known Issues:

• Crafting recipes which involve a Barrel consume their ingredients but do not produce anything
  • Inventory slots may sometimes become "stuck" and prevent the player from moving anything in/out of those particular slots
  • Skin texture may sometimes be lost from a character's head, resulting in "blank face"
  • Textures for any model (item, world object, etc.) may be delayed in properly loading into view<-----------------

So don't stress, it happens to me too this patch for some reason. It's happening to nearly everybody. I run the game at highest setting and get the exact same thing, sometimes.

Hope this helped.  Don't want you wasting your time doing all that jazz...

Nollakaks    6

Oh! Thank you! Also I don't have a clue why I didn't check the know issues list. :D

KronicMunky    16
3 minutes ago, Nollakaks said:

Oh! Thank you! Also I don't have a clue why I didn't check the know issues list. :D

No worries my dude! :)