Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:20

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Prince

The death of The forums

Prince    96

I have not been very active for the past two years but I am seriously wondering what happened! Is everyone scared to post on the forums in fear of getting perma'd for a stupid reason  or do new players just not browse the forums? 

Shane    361

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think the forums are that dead they seem fine to me.

PCJames    167

All is well? I have a good times on the forums. I really don't I know what you mean 

Shadows    1016

Yeah people do post less often. Idk why, it's been like this for the past 6 months or so. Dark times.

Lyca    681

I am not exactly sure what you mean to be honest.

I think the forum is fine. ^_^

Cid    333

Forums seem fine.  If people are scared to post it's probably because they know they are going to do something wrong and they actually care about that kind of thing.  The forums are still incredibly active and there are still controversial topics that are discussed on the forums without issue - if this is at all what this is about.

isocade    90

I barely lurk anymore because there aren't really any topics that come up that I find interesting to read or discuss or debate.

Seems like things are at an all time high in terms of the forums being calm and collected. I thrive on reading conflict and debating/discussing sides. Doesn't seem like there's any interesting conflict though.

Buddy    859

I don't know about others, but my mentality hasnt changed. I only post when I feel I have something to contribute to any given discussion; I'm otherwise fairly quiet around the forums, hence my lower than average post count c:

Maybe staffs scare tactics of keeping people on topic are working more efficiently... muahaha

/end sarcasm

Species    239

Hello Anime King,

The Forums have just slowly moved to people only posting when it's needed, like discussions and reports. Other than that people mostly chill IG and leave everything there.

Kyle_Jones    167
22 minutes ago, Prince said:

I have not been very active for the past two years but I am seriously wondering what happened! Is everyone scared to post on the forums in fear of getting perma'd for a stupid reason  or do new players just not browse the forums? 

Fucking normie, youll never know what happened in march, THE CHICKEN TENDIES MAN...

THE CHICKEN TENDIES!!!!

Image result for vietnam flashback

xIO_VAPEG0D_OIx    758

Hey Prince how you doing?

Honestly, I feel like there's a huge lack of new content being made, being it new Lore stories and decent Character backgrounds and etc... But I would assume that's all due to the fact that were already in the deep stages of the apocalypse, and it's not like someone has not done what you're posting already. Also, there's a wipe coming in next month, so yeah, some might not find any reason to post more interesting and creative stuff given that it would be deleted anyway.

But the other parts of the forum are fine.

Rolle    2462

It's simply less shitposting, which is a good thing.

Shadows    1016
2 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Hey hey hey, that's debatable.

Zero    285

You're okay as long as you don't try to do something fun.

Henning    61
3 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Is it? Obviously some shitposting is bad; such as really generic threads posted only to give OP more recognition in the community like "What's your favorite type of ammunition IG?". Comments like "I agree with what [INSERT NAME] said" is unnecessary shitposting since beans were added. But I feel like some shitposting is actually good for the community, it makes the community look and feel active. Mod players will remember the shitposting banter back in the day, sure it crossed lines every once and awhile but for the most part it always felt like giving your buddies shit for a laugh. Now it seems that unless your going to write out a paragraph on a topic, whats the point of posting? 

I missed the forums that were 25% Discussion, 25% Banter, 25% reports and 25% shooting the shit. Now its just 75% repetitive discussion and 25% reports.

Nihoolious    1122
18 minutes ago, Rolle said:

Not enough shitposting tbh.

Its just kinda dead atm. People are waitin for lore wipe and as such have little interest until next month. The amount of new players that use the forums is pretty low as well. It'll bounce back, just give it a minute. 

Cid    333
19 minutes ago, Henning said:

Is it? Obviously some shitposting is bad; such as really generic threads posted only to give OP more recognition in the community like "What's your favorite type of ammunition IG?". Comments like "I agree with what [INSERT NAME] said" is unnecessary shitposting since beans were added. But I feel like some shitposting is actually good for the community, it makes the community look and feel active. Mod players will remember the shitposting banter back in the day, sure it crossed lines every once and awhile but for the most part it always felt like giving your buddies shit for a laugh. Now it seems that unless your going to write out a paragraph on a topic, whats the point of posting? 

I missed the forums that were 25% Discussion, 25% Banter, 25% reports and 25% shooting the shit. Now its just 75% repetitive discussion and 25% reports.

I feel like a large majority of people in this thread have completely forgotten that status updates exist.

The forums have become a place for just discussion and that is 100% completely fine because all the shitposting and banter has gone off to status updates and the off-topic section of the forums.  Not sure about you but I browse status updates pretty much all day and it honestly feels like literally nothing has changed.  Broaden your horizons perhaps and the forums will feel less devoid of shitposting, because tbh I'm not sure what kinda drugs @Nihoolious is on but I see shitposting everywhere.  It's just not where it doesn't belong, which is a-okay.

Henning    61
2 minutes ago, Cid said:

-snip-

Status reports have always been and always will be a stupid idea. This isn't facebook. The reason real shitposting exists there is because its stupid. I took a look at a few status update chains, that is not what I'm talking about and I think you need to reread my post.

Cid    333
13 minutes ago, Henning said:

Status reports have always been and always will be a stupid idea. This isn't facebook. The reason real shitposting exists there is because its stupid. I took a look at a few status update chains, that is not what I'm talking about and I think you need to reread my post.

If I'm understanding what you mean, then I don't think shitposting is exactly the word you are looking for.

Shitposting as always existed, once on the forums and in discussions which has transitioned into status updates.

Nihoolious    1122
23 minutes ago, Cid said:

I feel like a large majority of people in this thread have completely forgotten that status updates exist.

The forums have become a place for just discussion and that is 100% completely fine because all the shitposting and banter has gone off to status updates and the off-topic section of the forums.  Not sure about you but I browse status updates pretty much all day and it honestly feels like literally nothing has changed.  Broaden your horizons perhaps and the forums will feel less devoid of shitposting, because tbh I'm not sure what kinda drugs @Nihoolious is on but I see shitposting everywhere.  It's just not where it doesn't belong, which is a-okay.

I was memeing.

But to piggy-back on what Cid said, most of the shitposting has moved to status updates. Occasionally you'll see some shitposts in general discussion, reports etc. but its not as common for a few reasons. One that I think is fairly obvious is that a lot of the people that partook in this form of shitposting have left by their own choice or by force while the rest have backed off to avoid punishment as it has been looked down upon more in recent times. There also isn't much going on that people can shitpost about as well.

Saradomin    360

Cid pretty much nailed it. Forums is still active, you just have to look in the right places. I like this. Less drama and shitposting and we can focus more on important and serious stuff, and keep the drama to IC. :) 

Glitch    15

I think forums are fine. I don't think anyone is scared people have just changed their focus. I have been around for a while and have a very small content count compared to others who've played as long as I have. I like to stay away from drama and keep my focus on the reason I joined DayZRP, to RP in game.

Rebel Pado    291
11 hours ago, Henning said:

Now its just 75% repetitive discussion and 25% reports.

Hol-... He's right