Server time: 2017-10-18, 07:41
Safe Zone: CLOSED

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Western

Community awards Lore Wipe.

Western    496

Going to keep this short but I have a suggestion. As for the lore wipe, it will be here this time next month. So I was thinking could we do a community award for lets say for this current lore.(mainly for OG people for this award) People who have been awarded before goes into a poll to vote.  Then maybe some of the other awards that they do at the end of the year?

What are your opinions in this? 

Undead    313

Sounds interesting, I of course never see anything wrong with rewarding more people for being awesome at what they do.

Shane    555

I think there should be an award for best PvP group ;) In all seriousness though like Undead said I don't see anything wrong with this and i'm on board with this.

Flapjack    66
Posted (edited)

As long as they're used somewhat sparingly, so that they don't just turn into a meaningless awards - then sure.

Edited by Austin

Rolle    2932

I think it wouldn't be fair, we've had this lore for 3 years and nobody would remember awesome things done back then, only recent ones. I think the yearly awards reflect better who really deserves an award for their effort.

Ramon    360
1 minute ago, Shane said:

I think there should be an award for best PvP group

That is funny, no!

But I don't think this is necessary, to be honest.
Just do it at the end of the year, just like every year.

I would say we stick to our yearly awards, like Rolle mentioned; it's been a long time but then again, I'm not against awards at all. I would rather like to push for awards within timeframes, forexample; Roleplayer of the month or something in that area.

Para    310

I see a lot of issues with this suggestion. Good in concept, poor in practice.

Personally, the yearly rewards are worth it tbh. Any more and it's a bit... excessive. It starts to diminish the idea of awards if they become too common.

Also, these awards are usually half based on popularity so it's a bit biased.

Furthermore the lore has been around for years and thus most of the people that might be eligible for these awards have either been banned, or don't play that frequently anymore. Most of the really impactful characters were not forged within the last 6-8 months IMO. It feels like most people wouldn't have a clue who half of the characters are that existed years before they joined.

I'm a no to this suggestion.

Randle    927
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Ramon said:

That is funny, no!

But I don't think this is necessary, to be honest.
Just do it at the end of the year, just like every year.

I think, just maybe, possibly; that Shane was joking.

Also I don't like the awards anyway one because I can't get one and two because it's just based on how many friends you can get to vote for you rather than if you actually deserve it.

Edited by Randle

Mexi    1291
40 minutes ago, Rolle said:

I think it wouldn't be fair, we've had this lore for 3 years and nobody would remember awesome things done back then, only recent ones. I think the yearly awards reflect better who really deserves an award for their effort.

Pretty much this.

Awards overall are just a popularity contest and from what I saw with last years that pretty much solidified that. Nah.

Major    629

No. 

Wait till the end of the year to do that. Even if we mention some groups that were exceptional or contributed a lot it will devolve into people voting for their own groups and shitting on others. 

Majoo    742

So I'll put it really simple, if you open this thread what do you see? Yes that's completely right *claps* thread with (something)...of the Year!

So no thanks keep it end of the year awards.

Solo    68

Sounds interesting, yet there is the yearly awards so I guess there is no need for this to be a thing.

Buddy    1063

I don't even remember what I ate for dinner last night, nevermind the events that have taken place over the last

a95da48fe5.PNG

:(

Dew    418
Posted (edited)

No, that would be unnecessary. There have been so many great things that have happened in the past that the majority of the community wasn't around for.

15 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I don't even remember what I ate for dinner last night, nevermind the events that have taken place over the last

a95da48fe5.PNG

:(

I believe you had tacos for dinner last night.

Edited by Dew

Beni    862

it's a no from me, from the statements made above. 

SmartyyZ    156
2 hours ago, Rolle said:

As Rolle said, people won't remember what they have done in those past 3 years... No from me.

Randle    927
3 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

All I've learned from this suggestion is MAN, ya'll are a bunch of cold pragmatic kill joys, especially you @Rolle ;) 

Yeah, because we need another set of useless forum titles that are 100% based on how many friends you can get to vote for you.

The Traveler    137
Just now, Randle said:

Yeah, because we need another set of useless forum titles that are 100% based on how many friends you can get to vote for you.

I rest my case :P

Randle    927
8 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

I rest my case :P

It's not being a killjoy it's realising that we don't need some more titles.

Stradic    286
9 hours ago, Shane said:

I think there should be an award for best PvP group ;) 

I think we should have one for longest running support member ;)

I think we should just stick to doing it yearly. That way I only get spammed with 'vote for me' once a year.

Shane    555
Just now, Stradic said:

I think we should have one for longest running support member ;)

I think we should just stick to doing it yearly. That way I only get spammed with 'vote for me' once a year.

Still aint me ;) 

Stradic    286
Just now, Shane said:

Still aint me ;) 

Give it time.

Hebi Kotei    345

I seem to have found something:

Seems like any further need to do this is pretty redundant as it happens at the end of every year among traditions