Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:31
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Kill0

Gear that gets you in trouble

Kill0    6

From what i have seen in videos posted by people playing on DayzRP they always meet that one guy who tells them "why are you wearing that item? are you affiliated with a group that uses that item to represent themselves? if you wanna stay alive you better take that off". So i was curious what items, gear even weapons shoudn't a player touch so they wouldn't get associated with a group they are not a part of? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Nihoolious    1248

Any form of armband will almost always attract attention and sometimes have people mistake you for an enemy. Sometimes certain berets will displease specific groups of people such as Chernarussians looking negatively at Chedaki berets. Anything UN related will also unwanted attention. 

Its something you can't really avoid, just gotta be ready for it when it happens. 

The smaller the gun, the more civilian the clothing, the uglier the backpack, the less likely you'll get robbed.

Kill0    6

I see but i don't really get why? Is it because UN soldiers where not letting people pass the borders in the lore?

Nihoolious    1248

People would and still do wear UN helmets or berets when robbing people and since it's a really unique piece of clothing people will usually remeber that piece of headgear when they recall being robbed. 

Malet    88
Posted (edited)

Clothes: Armbands, Military Gear, sometimes even Cargo Pants or Rain Clothing, vests
Weapons: Everything automatic or semi-militaristic, long weapons with scopes
Backpacks: Everything above 20 slots

And regarding the UN: It's either "bad" experience in the past (there were several UN-Groups in the last couple of years) or just a general distaste for soldiers, especially from foreign countries.

Edited by Malet

PCJames    202

Clown masks and polka dot masks

Hunter    51
11 minutes ago, PCJames said:

Clown masks and polka dot masks

ahahahaha, you say the polka dot masks get us in trouble? PSHHH, WE ARE THE TROUBLE! :P 

and to add to this: A banana stabbed onto a long stick

Ark    229

Armbands, un head wear, any clown mask, skull balaclavas (if there still in game)  , and certain berets can get you into trouble because a group in the past used them.  As for being robbed in general, well any gun that isnt civilian, the bigger back packs, and certain vest.

Raptor    184

Don't forget black anything will get you robbed. People seem to love black for some reason.

Chaostica    144
Posted (edited)

Your chances of being initiated on increase dependant upon what you wear, true, but at times they can also decrease due to specific things. Those usually carrying an improvised or courier bag are less likely to be robbed from someone in a hunters backpack. Mountain bags and Alice packs are usually ignored as they are large, clunky, and offer no view over the shoulder if using first person. M65 jackets are sought often, Olive being a less popular colour then say Black. A Clown mask can literally get you into deep trouble, due to the notoriety of a group of clowns who stirred a lot of mixed feelings in people. Skull masks will also make you a target over say a festive balaclava as many still see them as 'Reaper' masks (it was used by the group 'The Reapers' and they punished anyone who they caught with one who wasn't a part of their group, same as the clowns). Even sunglasses can get you into trouble, Aviators are always wanted. 

So bottom line, it is entirely dependant on who you run into in game. Armbands are a 'No No' if you don't know who is currently being associated with what colour. So just gear up and hope you don't run into someone who wants what you have. Personally I tend to travel with items messed up and damaged, seems to help if folks think the gear is ruined besides giving you a more 'weathered' look.

Edited by Chaostica

For the moment Polka dot masks and we all know why lol. People have laid off on the clown masks for a bit it seems but will be quick to take a skull balaclava.
Hunter and coyote backbacks seem to be targets... not so much Alice because it's too big and everyone agrees it's almost like carrying a small person on your back and you're able to be spotted from miles away.
High cap vests for sure, I'm noticing most people will say away from the leather made items.. I'm usually accused of making it out of a 'person' or people "don't trust where it came from" and usually leave it lol.
The UN beret will usually gain some unwanted attention as well, most of the cherns out there will hate you on sight for wearing one and demand you remove it.
The CDF and New Zealand ones as well because too many people confuse them for each other it seems... I would make a habit of wearing a new Zealand beret just purposely to mess with a chern rper,  every time they would think it was a CDF without even really looking at it and I would make fun of their inability to read insignias properly... which then got me robbed for treating them like blind idiots, but hey that's just me asking for it lol.
AK's/Fal/M4's as well... sometimes a Winnie but most people will just jack your scope and send you on your way.

best thing to do is just look as civilian as possible and carry a shotgun in your hands at all times, that usually seems to work.

Poppy    378
8 hours ago, Shadows said:

The smaller the gun, the more civilian the clothing, the uglier the backpack, the less likely you'll get robbed.

I think shadows hit the spot here... This is why I never get robbed ^_^

But yeah, there is a few things people react on, some things more than others...

• Clown masks - the group The Masqurade aka The clowns used to wear them and they were not good people...
  • Black berrets - No one likes a chedaki
  • armbands - any armband will attract unwanted attention, some colors more than others
  • Skullmasks - The skull masks are getting more and more accepted, however some still dislike them due to the group The Reapers
  • UN helmets - Mentioned above
  • Hi value gear such as SVDs or FALs - If it is rare enough it will of course attract attention

Rory    1564
10 hours ago, Shadows said:

Pretty much gonna quote my boy shadows here. I know that I wouldn't rob someone if they literally looked like a hobo.

Shane    562
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Hunter6979 said:

ahahahaha, you say the polka dot masks get us in trouble? PSHHH, WE ARE THE TROUBLE! :P 

and to add to this: A banana stabbed onto a long stick

Let's be real us orange armband folk are the trouble ;) 

Also if you don't wanna get robbed wear some civvy clothes and don't carry around a good gun go around with a scorpion or something.

Edited by Shane

Law o7    100

Basically if you don't want to get robbed have friends and stay poor. I personally like to wear mismatching stuff like a summer hunting jacket, bdu pants, and a zmijovka hat that way I don't look like a peasent but I don't look like a super soldier either. In terms of weapons someone will straight up rob you for a fal or an svd, but you've got all that fire power don't be afraid to use it in that case. Armbands and berets you can 99.9% of time time RP around any ill will towards a certain group and at worst be asked to remove it. Honestly I say wear and carry whatever the hell you want. Just avoid groups of 3+ people with shitty stuff that look like part of a larger group because 9 times out of 10 those will be the people to rob you for your shit and provide weak RP because they just want to get out of there with your stuff.

I'd say mostly armbands, at least until you're intimately familiar with all the active groups using whichever colors.

Idole    184

I would say armbands, UN headgear, clown masks, purple polka dot masks come to think of it any mask really. Big high value guns the more military you look the more you will be robbed. If you look more civilian you won't be robbed as much. Those alice bags people always carry a lot of shit in them they don't want the bag itself more whats inside it. The nicer bags get alot of attention hunting and coyote. 

To sum it up the more shit you look the safer you will be if you look like your carrying half the supplies from a military base the more you will be robbed of it.

Papa Tachanka    46

Instead of asking on an OOC basis why not just wear what you want and then learn IC?

Majoo    742
21 minutes ago, Chief said:

Instead of asking on an OOC basis why not just wear what you want and then learn IC?

Pretty much this. It's always fun to find out all kinds of stuff IC

Boston    775

Wearing an armband associated with any groups will most definitely land you in trouble, alongside military berets depending who you speak to. Certain uniforms can also get you a positive or negative response. A lab coat and slacks will give the impression of a doctor, while TTsKO and a tracksuit jacket will lean towards making you look like a member of a powerful group.