Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Synn

Question regarding KOS

Question

Synn    0

I have some example scenarios and I want to know if this would be considered KOS.

So I would meet someone, we would interact, talk. And if that person is not aware of me, and I kill him/her, is that considered KOS? Or, after interaction, the person tries to get away and I kill him/ her, is that considered KOS? Or, if I see the same person a few mintues after the interaction, and I kill her/him, is that KOS?

Never done any of them. I am just wondering.

6 answers to this question

Interacting does not give you kill rights. There has to have been an initiation for any kill rights to be gained, and those rights last for 2 hours. Initiations are aggressive actions that make it clear that your life is in danger (I.E: "Do X or I kill you/shoot you/turn your brains into a grey goop slurpy). These rights extend to your dynamic group if they are within 500 meters (I might be off on that number).

Synn    0

Ok, thank you for the answer.

Galaxy    548

Hey bud, just a quick reminder there is a question thread here

And for your question, yes it would be, killing a player without kill rights/execution rights or permission is KOS. There are logs so all deaths and kills are recorded and you will be found out. You've got to make sure that you have valid kill rights which can be found under these rules

7 Kill rights

Kill on Sight means killing another player without any role play interaction or IC justification. Always confirm your targets in game - if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.
Kill rights are fictional, OOC permissions acquired by players that allow them to kill another player for a limited amount of time without any role play interaction. Kill rights are usually obtained after other players have initiated a hostile situation upon you or your group, which allows you to defend yourself or retaliate with deadly force.

• 7.1 Killing another player must always be justified with role play. See also rule 5.3.
  • 7.2 Players gain kill rights when a hostile action is taken against them or their group, or when their characters life is at risk. These rights last for 2 hours after last interaction during the hostile situation and can be used as long as their use do not conflict with any other rules like NLR or NVFL.
  • 7.3 Kill rights are only shared between group members if the group's members are within 500m of the situation taking place or have a direct line of sight.
  • 7.4 Kill rights gained from any rule breaks (including but not limited to baiting, invalid initiation) are considered invalid and their use will be punished in the same way as if the kill rights were not obtained.
  • 7.5 Remember that kill rights are still subject to rule 5.2. You shouldn't use kill rights in situations where it doesn't make in-character sense as it can be seen as rule play. In other words, obtaining kill rights alone does not give you explicit permission to use them. Think about if using kill rights is viable in the current situation.

Majoo    742

/moved to questions

Sam Fields    156

I mean, it would be classified as RDM rather than KOS

Ark    229

Like Dakotaen said you need to initiate first. Only after you do that can you kill them and even then only after non compliance to whatever your demands were.