Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:40
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Iso

Interview With a Community Member: Nihoolious

Iso    1227

InterviewCommunityMember.jpg

This week we have interviewed @Nihoolious, the interview with a community member is designed to promote understanding and openness through honesty and learning about each other. Thank you Nihoolious for taking part :)

~ Tell us something unique about yourself -

Spoiler

To be honesty my IRL life is not that interesting at all. Other than playing tenor saxophone and doing dumb shit while high, nothing is all that unique about me. I can easily change this but I'm too fucking lazy do anything fun so yeah 

~ Which section in the forums are you most interested in and why? -

Spoiler

I'd say General Discussion. Its the section where you either find really interesting discussions about the community, people flaming each other, or the occasional whitename talking about his tents that got raided. Its also the section I've netted a lot of beanz from so thats a plus. A close second is the report section for all the funny shit people say in it. 

~ How did you find out about DayZRP? -

Spoiler

I actually saw De4dcert make a video on the DayZRP mod in early 2013 and thats when I first heard of it. At the time however me and my friends were still playing other mods like Namalsk and Origins. Eventually I ran out of mods to try and rediscovered DayZRP through PsiSyndicate's November 2013 series. I can thank this community for my lack of interest in other games and some bad grades in high school

~ Have you made any friends during your time in this community? -

Spoiler

A lot. I unfortunately don't talk some as much as I wish I could but I'll name the ones that I consider the realest ones:

@Squillium @Alex Vivian @Hebee @Dusty @Kevin @Eagle @Shadows @Famous @General @ExoticRainbow @Puncture @Flash @Mexi @Kanen @Hicks @Lewis scott @Declan McGovern @Viking @Pepe Jones @Ark @Shroud @Wendigojames

And of course I can't forget my fallen friends:

@Vic @Rocka @Hodgie @Billy @Gatorr @Puddin @Charlo @Trix @Mira @Roosky @Dodge

~ What do you feel is missing from our community? -

Spoiler

Something to bring in and keep new players.

While DayZRP might be the most popular RP server for DayZ, in my opinion we aren't getting enough new players. And this isn't entirely in our control as the game itself has passed its prime. I still think we should make our community more attractive to new people. From what I've seen, new players don't want to stay in a community where they get reported for minor mistakes, they (unironically) get flamed for being new to the server, and are looked down on for their rp choices. We all like to make fun of super soldiers and whatnot, but they still should be allowed to do their thing.

I just feel like our community is too hostile to new guys too often and it would take a change in mindset to fix.

~ What are some of your most memorable DayZRP experiences, both IC and OOC? -

Spoiler

Way too many to list from my time here. I've had so many memorable IC encounters that if I described all of them no one would read this shit lol.

OOC however, I'd say the beginning of vGc was really fun up until Trade Post killed my desire to play. Almost the entirety of New Moon I loved and while I'm sad it ended in a really depressing way (half the group permd), I'm glad I was able to have fun with everyone to the very end.

~ Do you have a video of your favourite roleplay moment you would like to share with us? -

Spoiler

I've never really recorded the good RP moments I've had since I always find myself talking about it afterwards and forgetting to press the Shadowplay key. But I'll put a compilation I've made of all my fun times in New Moon here

~ Do you have a video of your favourite funny moment in game you would like to share with us? -
Spoiler

I got a few.

Starting with Mod (I sound retarded in the video pls no hate)

When I was called a Hardcore Baiter while chilling in a temp channel with Squillium

When Shroud's soundbox fucked his mic

New Moon Maybe?

Jango being Jango

There is a lot more but I dont wanna clutter it

~ If you could meet one roleplay character you have met in game in real life, who would it be and why? -

Spoiler

If I had to pick one it would be Alex Vivian's Robert McKenzie character. That dude is hilarious.

~ In your opinion, what are the best and worst parts of our community? -

Spoiler

The best part is the people. It is also the worst part. Some people on here are real dickheads who get off to making others miserable and love to flex their accomplishments. And yet there are some who are genuinely good people who are great to be around, are good friends to you, and aren't fake as fuck.

~ How are you finding things in the community currently? -

Spoiler

I think everyone is stir-crazy since the lore wipe hasn't happened yet. Its coming soon but until then people are getting riled up over nothing and making fools out of themselves. Other than that I think we are in an ok spot. We recovered from March 1st well and learned lessons because of it. The community will survive.

~ Is there anything you regret IC or OOC that has happened since you have joined DayZRP (if yes, what and why?) -

Spoiler

IC not really.

OOC being a cunt to certain people when I didn't need to. 

~ What advice would you give to new members joining our community? -

Spoiler

Don't get caught up in the OOC part of the community. Its a rabbit hole you don't want to fall down if you are new, you might find yourself making a salt report about no reason for robbery. Just go with the flow of what happens in game and if you end up joining a group, try not to get sucked into their drama. Just do you.

~ What do you think we, as community members, can do to make the community a better place? -

Spoiler

Stop taking it seriously to the point of actually hating one another. I understand getting worked up over dying or getting kos'd, we all do that. But petty flames on the forums and going out of your way to get someone permanently removed is just dumb. I've only done that once and while I feel it was the right thing to do I still felt dirty about it afterwards.

~ What made you want to join staff and has your time in staff changed that motivation or your perspectives on the community? -

Spoiler

I've always been an opponent not of staff itself, but what certain members were doing at the time. I participated in the Thumper Thread era where people would call staff out on everything they did. I still stand by a lot of what I said but some of it was a bit unnecessary. I would always send in a staff app just to see if I got accepted with the intention of trying to fix the problems I saw from the inside. I will say tho I got accepted into staff when I least expected it.

I don't want to be one of the those people who changes once they join staff and so far I think I'm still the same. I've only gotten a better understanding of what really goes on behind the curtain.

~ If you had to choose someone else’s character to be in game, who would it be and why? -

Spoiler

None tbh. I'm not really envious of other people's characters or what happens to them. If a character is treated a certain way and I like that, I'll try to have the same thing happen to myself.

~ Who or what would you say was the biggest influence on your role-play? -

Spoiler

My boy Vic. He brought me into vGc when I was a gear-whoring, former Brotherhood of Steel, goody-two-shoes. He taught me the ways of the bandit from mod to standalone. God I miss him.

~ Do you have a favourite song? - 

Spoiler

No one favorite, I listen to too many types of music. Just tune into my profile song as its usually what I've been bumping the most at the time. 

~ Do you think any questions could be added to the interview formula and, if so, what and why? -

Spoiler

Ask what is your favorite DayZRP related meme.

~ If you could choose one person to KOS and bullshit the logs to make it look like someone else did it, who would you KOS? Who would you blame it on? -

Spoiler

I would KoS Squillium but I wouldn't bullshit the logs. I just want to shoot Squillium tbh.

Thank you Nihoolious for the interview, it was an interesting read ^_^ 

Hebee    2670

a yung haircut enters the arena, good interview. 

Ark    231
Posted (edited)

Fucking Devin, Zeke, and Will. I miss those scrubs. Good interview Nihoolious.

Edited by Ark

PCJames    202

Great and funny interview like always 

Shane    569

I thought we were friends :( jk nice interview dude.

Melvin    84

keep it real nihoolicious

Majoo    742

Pretty nice interview Nihoo. Thanks :)

Odap the Corruptor    412

Are we the last active vGc members?

Jesus.... Vic may have made you put i finished you young furryboy, do notttttt forgettttt.

Kanen    108

Just keeping it real

Keira    1457
Just now, Kanen said:

Just keeping it real

Real pain in the ass.

Nice interview tho :3

Poppy    378

Liked this one, especially the NM montage... Nice interview

Papa Tachanka    47

I dig it Nihoo, I'll have to catch you in HD more often you chill as fuck. Nice interview

Terra    1449

Very nice! Thanks @Nihoolious