Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:55
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Joshie

Help me convince my friend to buy DayZ

Joshie    74

I am trying to get my friend to buy DayZ but he is a bit skeptical on purchasing it. He just played for about an hour and he said the game isn't that bad. I've tried to tell him good things about the game but he brushed it off (it triggers me). 

Help me try to convince him to buy DayZ and play DayZRP with everyone. I need all the help I can get.

melon21    16

Show him some of @Sam Fields videos. that will probably plant the seed in his brain, then maybe bring up that dayz only costs around $30 USD. 

Just in case you cant find Sams videos ill link one.

Hope this helps.

Chewy    659

Is it on the steam summer sale? If so point it out to him.

Otherwise... Gift it to him. Then he -can't- deny your moves.

Sam Fields    156
1 minute ago, melon21 said:

Show him some of @Sam Fields videos. that will probably plant the seed in his brain, then maybe bring up that dayz only costs around $30 USD. 

Hey, appreciate the plug mate :) Should get Arty and Coy to meet again since Danny is back playing.

Joshie    74
1 minute ago, melon21 said:

Hope this helps.

Ive tried to show him some of @Roach's vids, but i guess he never watched them

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Is it on the steam summer sale? If so point it out to him.

Otherwise... Gift it to him. Then he -can't- deny your moves.

It is but not for much its like 15% off, (like $33 now compared to normal 38.99) 

And I would gift him it but im probably going to donate to DayZRP so, rip money lol

melon21    16
1 minute ago, Sam Fields said:

Hey, appreciate the plug mate :) Should get Arty and Coy to meet again since Danny is back playing.

talked to @Dakotaen about it, should be happening later tonight hopefully.

Chewy    659
1 minute ago, equiinox said:

And I would gift him it but im probably going to donate to DayZRP so, rip money lol

What's better, more players or a fancy colour on your name B)?

Joshie    74
Just now, Chewy said:

What's better, more players or a fancy colour on your name B)?

True.

melon21    16
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, equiinox said:

I would gift him it but im probably going to donate to DayZRP so, rip money lol

Personally i wouldn't donate to dayzrp, i'd much rather have another person to share my war stories with rather than sitting on my hands in stary most of the time. But that's just me.

Edited by melon21
Less cuntish.

Hebee    2683

Tbh it's not that good of a game, and a lot of people don't like it. Personally If he doesn't want to play it don't push him into wasting his money.

melon21    16
1 minute ago, Hebee said:

Tbh it's not that good of a game, and a lot of people don't like it. Personally If he doesn't want to play it don't push him into wasting his money.

>debatable.

Randle    933
11 minutes ago, melon21 said:

>debatable.

lol tbh it's an absolutely horrendous game.

melon21    16
Just now, Randle said:

I personally disagree, but you're more than welcome to not play it.

Hebee    2683
2 minutes ago, Randle said:

The role play is the only reason it is good.

DayZ devs are a fucking joke, don't get roped in to this mess

Randle    933
Just now, Hebee said:

Shame that the only good RP on this server comes from PAU.

Ark    231
Posted (edited)

Put a gun to his head and force him. To be honest he has the right to be a bit skeptical. This game doesn't get a lot of updates and can get a bit stale at times. However the community more than makes up for that most of time and keeps it interesting. Show him some videos and keep talking it up. But also remember this game and the community isn't for some people. Worst comes to worst buy it for him you can always donate later. 

Edited by Ark

melon21    16
Just now, Randle said:

Shame that the only good RP on this server comes from PAU.

>Extremely debatable

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, melon21 said:

I personally disagree, but you're more than welcome to not play it.

It is a pretty horrible game, but it's the people that make it great. Out of the 6 times I've died in the past week on DayzRP. 4 of the times were from Dayz crashing, glitching out, bugs. One other time was I was in a firefight with my group, 1 person crashed and the other one lagged out and had to DC. Leaving only me causing me to die. And another was from me randomly dying after contracting hypothermia for like 5 seconds. I had full blood and was healthy. It's been raining for like 5 f-ing days straight on the server

Edited by Combatsmithen

evanm23    390

show him some hostile shit

thats how @WeeMeme got me into RP 

its like pvp with rules ya feel?

Jack the Ripper    352
12 minutes ago, Hebee said:

THIS

As a game, DayZ is a massive pile of shit, and for its asking price of $44.00 NZD, it's not worth it. I bought into the hype when the game was released, as I played a lot of mod, and that is the reason I own it. 2.3k of my 2.4k hours have been spent on RP, and if you're friend is interested in joining an RP community, that is the ONLY way I'd justify getting him to buy it.

$44.00 NZD for a buggy, clunky, repetitive, boring game that has been in alpha for 5 years, and they have the audacity to lower its price by only a mere 15% on steam sales? I wouldn't bother, IMO.  

Stiflex    118

Dayz is probably one of the worst best games out there, show him some videos of amazing pvp moments or hilarious rp moments on this server, I'd suggest try watching silos videos.

Sleepyhead    351

Your friend has every right to be skeptical of the game. The devs are kind of a joke and updates are hardly pushed out as often as they should be. A lot of people have well over 1,000 hours in the game and they enjoy pretty much every moment.

I'm sitting at around 960 hours and in my personal opinion, roleplay is a big factor in how much I enjoy the game. Yeah, it's fun to occasionally join public servers to kill whoever you want, but RP just adds a lot more to the game. Whether you're trying to enjoy a play (the video below) or you're in a firefight, you're being taken hostage or you're just messing around with one another, it's always fun. You kind of just have to have the right attitude about it if that makes sense. 

One of the funnest encounters I had was when I was still pretty new to the server. Thanks to @Pepe Jonesfor that.
http://plays.tv/video/592b7d24bdb8def16f/a-house-divided