Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:54

Sign in to follow this  
InnKinn

Unwritten camp rules

InnKinn    17

Alright so recently I've come across several cases of 'camp griefing' where someone's come across an empty camp with several tents, help themselves to loot, move the tents around and claim the camp as their own, now I know there's nothing in the rules that prevents this, but it has brought up a discussion as to whether or not it's some sort of unwritten rule not to rearrange and claim inhabited camps. One interesting point was that if the inhabitants are offline then there's a chance that characters are 'sleeping' in said tents so would it be BadRP to move the tents?

What are people's thoughts?

Voodoo    369

Technically characters would be sleeping (whether in the tents or not cant really be decided). There is no issue with looting and even taking tents if noone is around. 

If someone moves the tents around and claims it for themselves and you log in to see them there then my best suggestion is to get them tents back through hostilities and move the camp. Im sure there would be groups that will help for a fee if you are alone and its your camp taken.

Shane    361
Posted (edited)

I know the feeling before I saw the light and came to the good side I use to log in to a destroyed camp almost everyday and tbh it use to trigger the fuck out of me but it is very very hard to prove that people are griefing a camp and as far as I know there isn't a rule on about it (could be wrong). I myself wouldn't consider it BadRP because lets be real you're more than likely gonna log out in a house or a bush.

Like Voodoo said if someone is taking down your tents or whatever and you log in and see them just take them back through hostilities or if you're a lone wanderer offer some group something for protection.

P.S I'll do it for some of that 556 ;) 

Edited by Shane

Eagle    346

Their is nothing against taking over camps as thats what i see a camp being, somthing a group should be able to take control over then have the original owners strike a deal or fight for it. If they fail move along.

And for the bad rp I really dont see it as no one can tell were said person is in the camp, if they were they  would be shot or taken captive if they desierd the camp that badly.

Majoo    645

Nothing really wrong with stealing from the tents or taking some of the tents/moving them around a bit as there is nothing stopping you from doing that. If you do have issue with it well you're gonna have to deal with it IC/IG either alone, with your group or get help from someone else, other then that I don't think I've got anything special to say to this.

31 minutes ago, Eagle said:

And for the bad rp I really dont see it as no one can tell were said person is in the camp, if they were they  would be shot or taken captive if they desierd the camp that badly.

And for BadRP I pretty much agree with that Eagle said above.