Major

Lore Faction Interest Thread - Government/CDF and UN

Major    644

Chernarussian Defense Forces/Government

d289489b63.png

022aa7631f.jpg

UN

ae051e0a59.png

Hey guys. This thread is just a basic interest thread for community members who may want to join CDF and UN post-wipe. If you would like to participate or just want more info, please leave a comment below or ask a question. These groups will have no special protections or privileges, and can be initiated on, taken hostage, and treated as normal groups. There will be several other factions that will be present and will have their own threads (NATO/RU), as well as other "groups" that will roam around that are present within and outside of South Zagoria regionally. But CDF/Gov't and UN will be focused on in the beginning as the story develops and changes. The Chernarussian government will be focused on holding territory, and maintaining stability and a facade of legitimacy, planning to expand outside of its safe zones and embattled territory. The UN will be focused on researching a cure, providing treatment, and giving assistance to civilians. We will hold meetings for these factions soon once we have a healthy list of interested community members. Full threads will be released soon that will give background on the Factions in detail.

CDF/Government - PM @Major

- Interior Ministry Police, OREL, and COBR anti-terrorist unit.

- CDF (Army, Navy, and Air Force)

- Civilians living within the protection of the State.

United Nations - PM @Chief 

- Peacekeepers

- Doctors, Scientists, Logistics, Researchers, various medical organizations

NOTE: Both the LM's in charge of the respective groups ARE NOT LEADING THE GROUP. They are Facilitating the group OOC, until the the threads for the respective groups are released ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN. LEAVE ALL ASSUMPTIONS AT THE DOOR. 

(I did not make the poster)

Corry    211

love the idea where do i sign up for the CDF ;) 

Grimnir    662

CDF please. ;)

Seiceps the Deceiver    309
Posted (edited)

Honestly CDF would best fit for the ZBOR dudes, they do it so well @Corry;)

Also I've played a UN character quite extensively before, whether the Mod or  SA. So that's my pick @Major

Edited by Species

Corry    211
Just now, Species said:

Honestly CDF would best fit for the ZBOR dudes, they do it so well @Corry;)

what can i say when u got guys like @DeeBlack shouting in ur ear you have to do it well 

Randle    933

Waiting on an RU Faction however we do not take orders from filthy loremasters.

Flash    385

please don't give these groups protection through server rules... Heroic Warforged Rule armor ilvl 920..

PatZ    390
Posted (edited)

CDF, im sure that will be great.

We talked about the whole Gorka Unit stuff @Major. Would appreciate if we could talk to you somewhen soon about it again to maybe get more infos.

Edited by PatZ

Major    644
Just now, Randle said:

Waiting on an RU Faction however we do not take orders from filthy loremasters.

Just make a Russian group after the wipe. If we accept it it is canon.

Randle    933
Posted (edited)

Ok I'll do it.

Also you mean when you accept it?

Edited by Randle

Major    644
2 minutes ago, Randle said:

Ok I'll do it.

Also you mean when you accept it?

Yep. 

Galaxy    569
Posted (edited)

Ill put my hand up for UN, know i'm "a bit" bandit at times and cancer, but I will play serious if a hero group 100%

Trying out medical RP, as like a RAMC (Royal Armed Medical corps) medic or something like that. 

Edited by Galaxy

Major    644

Whatever you guys would like to do within these factions just post if you have an idea for a character.

Corry    211
2 minutes ago, Major said:

Whatever you guys would like to do within these factions just post if you have an idea for a character.

well a idea floating for me is for my character loose trust in the current government and to seek an alternative solution ;)  

Chaostica    144

As I'm not so much a fighter and have a horrible accident, wouldn't mind doing some U.N. Peacekeeper, a doc maybe? researcher

Harlow    32
Posted (edited)

Sure I have an idea for my character. Zbor minus the fascist part. (maybe)

Edited by Harlow

Major    644
Just now, Jetwells said:

I want to be the first cannibal

I will chop off your head.

Chaostica    144
1 minute ago, Major said:

I will chop off your head.

Give it to me I'll examine and research it for clues

Harlow    32
1 minute ago, Chaostica said:

Give it to me I'll examine and research it for clues

good luck finding anything in there

Flash    385
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Flash said:

please don't give these groups protection through server rules... Heroic Warforged Rule armor ilvl 920..

Thanks for the beanz @Major but could I get some insight on this? the whole talk of safezones and staff run groups is honestly a scary thought... Also the fact that community members don't currently have any input into the plans with these groups and where they will be taken. I'm assuming you guys are already writing up scripted post infection lore that you will play out over months which.... well I'm particularly not a fan of I guess you might say. 

Edited by Flash

WilliAM    431

Cool stuff. Looking forward to see how these will progress

Malet    89

*raises hand*
Sign me up for the UN. Would love to play a character without changing my voice for once ;)

Major    644
34 minutes ago, Flash said:

Thanks for the beanz @Major but could I get some insight on this? the whole talk of safezones and staff run groups is honestly a scary thought... Also the fact that community members don't currently have any input into the plans with these groups and where they will be taken. I'm assuming you guys are already writing up scripted post infection lore that you will play out over months which.... well I'm particularly not a fan of I guess you might say. 

Sure.

First of all they aren't staff run groups. They are made up of 90% community members. The CDF/gov't will run a military camp of some sort, and will have set objectives it will try and complete at first. These groups have not been fully fleshed out in writing yet so even we don't know completely, but anyone can suggest or help out. The interest meetings we will hold will decide a lot, and we will discuss what LMs have written so far and actually begin to set stuff in stone. Community members will actively staff and run these Lore Factions. If someone doesn't get involved and have their voice heard they can't say we didn't extend the olive branch. We are not writing any "post-infection Lore" or any event series. We have to get in-game and see where the rp, interactions, and conflict take us and go off that.

Doing otherwise would be pointless, boring as fuck, and wouldn't help the community at all. Player interaction and world building is the core of what we will be doing, and the community members will de-facto run these Lore Factions.