Server time: 2018-07-19, 08:01 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Roland

IMPORTANT: Upcoming changes summer 2017

3 hours ago, Dakotaen said:

Eh, people were banned for a reason. Let them appeal if they want a chance to show they've changed their ways.

You haven't been here long, so I don't think you can understand.

Edit: I don't mean to patronize. I'm just saying that I don't think you can empathize, friend.

Edited by Sunshine

19 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Safe zone seems abit stupid but other than that its all good news.

maybe a safe zone is good for the server, it will just be like trade post in the Mod, rob people as the go to and from the safe area. Thinking about it more its a great idea, more likely to fond people again on the server.

Dont think anywhere should be safe to be honest people will just camp it 24/7 like in the mod bro. 

23 hours ago, Major said:

What do you guys think about not having any player-made groups for two-weeks so stuff can develop naturally?

20 hours ago, Sylvester Todd said:

Gangs are a thing, so groups on day 1 arent out of the realm of possibility

Yeah, my whole RP is pretty much running around in a gang of Somali Pirat.. I mean Fishermen. Never had any sort of problem as an unofficial group

Pirates? what are those? They clearly don't exist

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

You haven't been here long, so I don't think you can understand.

Edit: I don't mean to patronize. I'm just saying that I don't think you can empathize, friend.

No I get it, bans from the olden days might feel dated and unnecesary. Still though, people weren't banned for following the rules and being great for the server, so if they've changed for the better they should be allowed to post an appeal as part of this amnesty. In my opinion, that is, of course. :)

Just now, Dakotaen said:

No I get it, bans from the olden days might feel dated and unnecesary. Still though, people weren't banned for following the rules and being great for the server, so if they've changed for the better they should be allowed to post an appeal as part of this amnesty. In my opinion, that is, of course. :)

Only old, expired warnings will be removed. Nothing that can or would be appealed.

With this forum software update, are you targeting low performance on mobile devices as well? I had some issues with the website on my phone, especially when navigating cluttered pages.

A lore-lite question here, and apologies if it's already been addressed. If it has, I managed to overlook it, accidentally.

Anyhow, my question is, with the lore restart, are we required to design wholly new characters, or is it conceivable to play your 'current' character, only, as they were at the beginning of the outbreak.

That is to say, if you're John Doe, survivor extraordinaire and you know the ins and outs of post-outbreak living, but before the outbreak, you were a car mechanic or a web developer or something, you could play the un-seasoned version of your character. Additionally, that's not to say that the character will be rail-roaded back to their pre-lore-wipe state eventually or anything to that effect, ideally the character would develop organically.

TL;DR - After the lore-wipe, can we keep character names and pre-outbreak details/backgrounds (i.e. I was a fireman/teacher/unemployed/etc!)

Really hyped for the lore wipe and changes. Can't wait to get back into game, took a little break until this happened so glad it's here :D

2 hours ago, YourLeftHand said:

A lore-lite question here, and apologies if it's already been addressed. If it has, I managed to overlook it, accidentally.

Anyhow, my question is, with the lore restart, are we required to design wholly new characters, or is it conceivable to play your 'current' character, only, as they were at the beginning of the outbreak.

That is to say, if you're John Doe, survivor extraordinaire and you know the ins and outs of post-outbreak living, but before the outbreak, you were a car mechanic or a web developer or something, you could play the un-seasoned version of your character. Additionally, that's not to say that the character will be rail-roaded back to their pre-lore-wipe state eventually or anything to that effect, ideally the character would develop organically.

TL;DR - After the lore-wipe, can we keep character names and pre-outbreak details/backgrounds (i.e. I was a fireman/teacher/unemployed/etc!)

You can keep current characters, just essentially starting fresh with them minus names and backgrounds and stuff.

And remember to make the story compatible with new lore. 

So basically my character will be the same with name and general backstory, except he'll be the lone survivor of the Cherno plane crash of 2017 and not 2014, gotcha, fam, cheers!

Jokes aside, when you say that the group system will be replaced with a new one, will it be like the old one (which was better) or some weird mix between old one and the current one? For what it's worth, the way it used to be, with a separate forum and with threads instead of pages was a lot easier to manage and work with. Maybe that's just me, though I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

3 minutes ago, Crazy_Corwin said:

Not a fan of the amnesty... if you did something wrong in the past it should carry over.

Gaming community not a prison.

I for one, am hyped for everything coming the next couple of months. Only bad thing is that I will have to say bye to my character that I have played and developed for a year now, not to sure how I feel about creating a new one, but I got a feeling I'm going to develop a likewise character.

Fingers crossed this update doesn't break anything important.

See you girls and boys in the new age! No use for me to get into anything at this point, wouldn't tell that good of a story if it's just gonna get wiped in a month. I'm excited though, I can hopefully bring a character of mine from another server that I really enjoyed playing back in ChernarusRP. 

Hype!

Edited by Perfidus

On 6/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, Saradomin said:

IMO, since there would be a whole new history and whole new circumstances, you should create a new one, but it is allowed to re-make your old one and I know many who has plans to do so...

I want to ride coattails on Rei's question too; it's likely I would create an all new character to RP.

How soon would backstory need to be filled in for new characters on day zero? Is it possible to create the character, add a photograph, and start RP and let it build organically for now?

Writers and storytellers want to know ;) (Also it's been months since I have been on so hello to those who actually know me!)

24 minutes ago, BOLDEdition said:

I want to ride coattails on Rei's question too; it's likely I would create an all new character to RP.

How soon would backstory need to be filled in for new characters on day zero? Is it possible to create the character, add a photograph, and start RP and let it build organically for now?

Writers and storytellers want to know ;) (Also it's been months since I have been on so hello to those who actually know me!)

As far as I'm aware, you aren't at all obligated to have a backstory for your characters posted. You can have a "skeleton" story as it were. When the new lore is posted, I say, just make up your character's lore about how he got to South Zagoria, who he/she is and take it from there. Then you can add details down the road as they come to you and maybe even post a character page. That's what I do anyway.

Only issue I see with starting right at the start of the infection is the loot and debris and crashes everywhere. Starting a week or two into it would make a bit more sense to me personally. But understand why starting from the start would be preferred for story purposes.

NOTE: I took a couple year break until recently and haven't ever started something at the "start" of the outbreak. So not sure how it would work in the sense of the current world structure.

42 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Only issue I see with starting right at the start of the infection is the loot and debris and crashes everywhere. Starting a week or two into it would make a bit more sense to me personally. But understand why starting from the start would be preferred for story purposes.

NOTE: I took a couple year break until recently and haven't ever started something at the "start" of the outbreak. So not sure how it would work in the sense of the current world structure.

It doesn't. The way DayZ world looks with rusty and destroyed cars, looted buildings with no windows, overgrown roads and areas in cities it gives an impression that the DayZ world is depicted 10-20 years after the initial outbreak. I've been pushing for that kind of lore last time when Tomeran did it, but people wanted a "fresh" start with outbreak that *just* happened despite it not making any sense considering the state of the in game world. I wish we could do it now, but from the looks of it it's not gonna happen this time either.

20 minutes ago, Rolle said:

It doesn't. The way DayZ world looks with rusty and destroyed cars, looted buildings with no windows, overgrown roads and areas in cities it gives an impression that the DayZ world is depicted 10-20 years after the initial outbreak. I've been pushing for that kind of lore last time when Tomeran did it, but people wanted a "fresh" start with outbreak that *just* happened despite it not making any sense considering the state of the in game world. I wish we could do it now, but from the looks of it it's not gonna happen this time either.

I mean, I'm excited for the lorewipe because of LM ran events, but... I agree. I've seen 2-3 Lorewipes since Mod to present... Every one of them has been a 'reset' button to the start of the infection. It's tedious at this point, I do want something that is more into the future or something. Because now I've got to spend months re-re-re-acclimating to the infection for my character(s) to make any sense.