Server time: 2017-09-22, 18:58

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

IMPORTANT: Upcoming changes summer 2017

Undead    289
Posted (edited)

Safe zone? Damn I must have been not keeping up to date with discussions and the like didnt know that was comin.

other then that things seem really awesome . 

Edit - just read majors update so is it not an actual ooc safe zone just an ic thing ?

Edited by Undead

Mexi    1223

Safe zone?.. C'mon Rolle even you must understand the 0 realism that'll follow with that? Not really sure how some magical zone which my character will not be allowed to act how he usually would nor take those who sit there and know full well the rules are protecting them will make any difference to the new lore at all.

As stated above everything else is alright, might have been nice for some sort of poll for the decision to be made for the community to decide about the safezone though.

2 minutes ago, Oyface said:

I wouldn't say a safezone is that unrealistic so early in the apocalypse. It's definitely more realistic than the countless edgy crazy characters that will be around from the start trying to fuck with everyone in it.

That being said, I'm just glad we have an ETA on the wipe. Time to wrap up some storylines. :D

Having rules dictate your actions IC is realistic then?

Mexi    1223
Just now, Oyface said:

I wouldn't say a safezone is that unrealistic so early in the apocalypse. It's definitely more realistic than the countless edgy crazy characters that will be around from the start trying to fuck with everyone in it.

That being said, I'm just glad we have an ETA on the wipe. Time to wrap up some storylines. :D

You wouldn't say that an area which for some reason I am unable to act how my character would usually act, not be able to do anything without possible risk of an OOC report or ban on the spot depending who's witness, basically making it more difficult for those who enjoy hostile RP to continue to do as they enjoy isn't realistic? Well, damn. Pretty sure those that go around as cannibals from the beginning will be told not to as it makes 0 sense.

But agreed, now new groups can be thought up and put together. Looking forward to everything else.

Majoo    724

Everything so far looks really nice #hype on that one. Through the so called "safe zones"? I don't think that is any good thing to be honest, if it's gonna be how i expect it to be then it's really gonna limit RP for people. Personally I'm not one of those who take people often but I don't think safe zone is good idea myself, I don't think we need safe space for people to campfire RP in. If so at least as stated above by @Mexi make a poll and let the major part of community decide by votes.

And @Oyface of course something being so called "safe zone" would be realistic in times like that but I expect the safe zone to have some set of rules that is gonna restrict people from lot of stuff. And having rules stop you from for example taking someone hostage or robbing someone there that seems unrealistic to me.

Nihoolious    1204

I'm getting some real CTC Trade Post vibes from this safe-zone idea. That is not a good thing. That place was hated by basically everyone by the end of its run due to how unbalanced and unfun it was. A staff run faction that had full KoS on people inside, all forms of conflict prohibited within a radius and people who tried to run roadblocks within a few thousand of the tradepost being hit with mortars were only a few issues with that place. 

I do not want another situation like this. Whats the point of having a safe zone if you can just have a staff faction and its allies defend and run a settlement without the need for OOC rules?  It should not be hard to gather the manpower to maintain such a place. When modding comes out make the area more OP, thats fine. Just don't have it be protected by out of game rules.

Maybe I'm missing something but thats what it looks like to me.

Mexi    1223
32 minutes ago, Rolle said:
  • Old warnings carried over from the old website will be deleted. Yes, after 5 years we are doing an amnesty on your old wrong doings and removing your history. Only warnings issued on this new website will be kept (so everything since November 2016). Final warnings however will be kept and re-added.

Minus those who decided to jump ship in March is this basically a wipe for those who were perma banned? Or is the amnesty for those who still remain.

Western    478

Hype

Odap the Corruptor    357

I am glad that I can roleplay now without being attacked by those scummy ruleplaying bandits!!!11!!

Good job Rolle glad to see you have us the little guy in mind seeing this is our roleplay and our stories! <3<#<3

Majoo    724
2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Minus those who decided to jump ship in March is this basically a wipe for those who were perma banned? Or is the amnesty for those who still remain.

I believe the whole thing is that just those who remain in the community will have their old warning history removed so you'll have clean sheet with the new site/lore. If i understand it right no pemrs are being removed. That's what I'm getting from the post itself.

ToeZ    473

I'm just sad I don't think I'll have a PC in time long enough to finish Toezy boys story. Hey -ho.

Dr Willsky    168
15 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

-OlookaPvsniP-

what if the 'pvp'ers' would be in control off the safezone? kinda lika a win win situtation, you guys can PVP everyone you want, but it could come at the cost of people not coming towards the safezone anymore :/

ToeZ    473
21 minutes ago, Kevin said:

-snip snap snippity-

But my character would shoot everyone in the face on sight, the rules stop me.

1 minute ago, ToeZ said:

But my character would shoot everyone in the face on sight, the rules stop me.

I think that Joo covers it pretty well.

22 minutes ago, Joo said:

And having rules stop you from for example taking someone hostage or robbing someone there that seems unrealistic to me.

Ender    581

Keep your pitchforks down for now guys, Nothing is set in stone yet all we know is something potentially similar to the CTC tradepost will be coming up in the near future. We have not started working on it yet as its not coming right after the wipe. so we have plenty of time to plan it out and make it fit realistically. 

Really excited about the changes to come. 

Jack the Ripper    294

Is there going to be an ending or epilogue to the current lore? Or is it just gonna be bang, nukes everywhere, everyone dies, the end?

Samaritan    303
Posted (edited)

Due to the lore wipe then it is feasable that there would be safe zones, for a limited time at least. You have to understand starting from day 0 would mean it'd be more PvE (against the infected) rather than PvP. There would be a very limited number of groups etc. A lore wipe means a change of mindset, so not the constant battles between groups etc. Rivalries would need to develop.

Your whole way of playing needs to reflect the beginning of the apocalypse rather than battle hardened badasses everyone seems to be after several years in. 

It's going to be interesting. I for one am looking forward to it.

Edited by Samaritan

Looks good! I'm fine with there being a safe zone, to be honest, I don't need for everyone on the server to be a constant potential target for me, and when I'm feeling evil I'll just look elsewhere. If all the "goody goodies" are campfiring in the safe zone I'll just go be bad to someone else who's bad. Hell, it might mean that some of the usual "victims" get to RP in peace every now and then, nothing wrong with that.

Rei    19

Hyped for the new lore. I like the idea of a safe zone but I wonder how the rules will be enforced, what the rules will even be and if it's gonna be effective, but we shall see I suppose.

Mexi    1223
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Samaritan said:

Due to the lore wipe then it is feasable that there would be safe zones, for a limited time at least. You have to understand starting from day 0 would mean it'd be more PvE (against the infected) rather than PvP. There would be a very limited number of groups etc. A lore wipe means a change of mindset, so not the constant battles between groups etc. Rivalries would need to develop.

Your whole way of playing needs to reflect the beginning of the apocalypse rather than battle hardened badasses everyone seems to be after several years in. 

It's going to be interesting. I for one am looking forward to it.

Okay, now I'm swaying towards it being a thing purely because of your reasoning.
Thank you.

Edit: This isn't sarcasm either, just to clarify.

Edited by Mexi

Odap the Corruptor    357
Just now, Mexi said:

-yehherite-

keywords "Limited Time"