Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 23:23 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Mia

Active Firefight

This has happened a few times to me with the most recent being a couple days ago at NWAF.  Just as I was about to enter the airfield, a firefight broke out next to me.  I felt it would be too dangerous to try to run, so I hunkered down behind a small barrier and put my gun on my back.  I laid on the ground and put my hands on my head so, if found, I would not be perceived as a threat.  I left the airfield entirely once the firefight ended.  

So here's my question of the day:  What do you do when you accidentally find yourself in the middle of a firefight and are unable to safely leave the area? 

Edited by Darra

Guest Roach

If it's not my fight and no way out, I do like you. Put gun away, lay down and hide, hands on head and hope for the best.

Put my hands up and make no attempt to hide. If you try to hide you just make yourself look guilty if anything. Not to mention it's known that you don't just shoot people with their hands up so.

Normally I run with a decently sized group so when we are near or hear a firefight in close proximity we usually turn away and hunker down in the nearest town and wait till it is over.

However it does happen that I sometimes find myself alone or with a much smaller group, and then we usually jog away.

Atleast for me I see it from this perspective, if I am in a firefight I'm looking for people who behave like they are involved, people sprinting around or sitting in cover with guns in their hands. If I see someone in close proximity slowly jogging either closer or further away and they happen to have a gun in their hand I wouldn't consider them involved.

Edit:

Unless they are literally wearing the insignia of the hostiles im fighting. Forgot to take that into account.

Edited by Ducky

Either get lost or make myself not look like a threat towards whoever is shooting that way they won't shoot me unless, I'm a part of the fight :)

Getting away is the preferable option but if it's not available under relatively safe conditions (i.e. getting caught in between) then hunkering down is the best next bet.

I usually never run, I place my hands on my head and get on the ground in an open area so I'm visible but a small target. Only time I'll start running is when shots start firing at me.

Usually I'll find a building or a door, keep my weapon aimed at the door and make no attempt to leave. IF I'm shot I'll throw up a report and get the person banned, because it's the right thing to do. (THIS IS A JOKE, I KNOW ITS A HARD CONCEPT BUT IT IS A JOKE)

Nah, I'll just place my weapon on my back and attempt to leave the area if I'm in the same town it's kicked off in. If I hear shots dependant on the situation and numbers I'll avoid it.

Edited by Mexi

25 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Usually I'll find a building or a door, keep my weapon aimed at the door and make no attempt to leave. IF I'm shot I'll throw up a report and get the person banned, because it's the right thing to do.

Nah, I'll just place my weapon on my back and attempt to leave the area if I'm in the same town it's kicked off in. If I hear shots dependant on the situation and numbers I'll avoid it.

Good one Mexi, you had me going for a moment there . . . 

Edited by Darra

5 minutes ago, Mexi said:

-joke-

I first read it as "THIS IS NOT A JOKE" and got a heart attack.

28 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Usually I'll find a building or a door, keep my weapon aimed at the door and make no attempt to leave. IF I'm shot I'll throw up a report and get the person banned, because it's the right thing to do. (THIS IS A JOKE, I KNOW ITS A HARD CONCEPT BUT IT IS A JOKE)

Didn't read but good content nonetheless +1

I don't usually find myself in this situation. I either hear the gunfire from a distance, in which case I steer clear, OR I'm one of the unlucky ones that only realizes there is a firefight because the first shots I hear are directed at me :( 

On the rare occasion where I do find myself in the situation, there is usually ample cover for me to use to make a quick getaway. I do make sure to put my gun on my back though, in hopes that it will make it more obvious that I'm a non-combatant.

Take off any armbands I might be wearing and either hide or just slowly back away.

Perhaps I'm just lucky but I don't usually find myself involved in firefights that I don't want to be apart of. However on the off chance that I am, I usually holster my weapon and sprint in one direction until I can no longer hear any gunfire. Perhaps this is a foolish move, but it has not failed me as of yet. 

If something like that happens to me I usually just put away my gun and get my hands up as I start walking away from the town/area of the firefight, or just wait in place with hands up till it ends.

Best way out is just to put hands up and attempt to talk away. If possible you want to try and signal to one of the parties that you are not involved and want out of the area that way he can relay to his allies that you are not a hostile and are leaving the area.

All good answers. 

The main thing is to try to do something to let the parties involved know you are not involved.  Put your gun away, put your hands up, take cover, walk away if possible.  Do something to let them know you are not part of the hostilities.    

But whatever you decide to do, don't kneel with gun in hand in the middle of an active firefight and not expect to get shot.  Just my two cents.  

The times I've found myself in a gunfight I'm not a part of I usually leave the area. There have been times I've stayed and put my hands up pushing my luck. If I was killed a few times because of this and got more mad most myself for being too risky then the person that killed me. At the end of the day it wasn't that big of a deal.

Usually I try to enter the firefight and KOS everyone and if I die I just hit up the report section.

Just kidding. Usually I'll just run away.

if i couldnt get away probably hid out somewhere and hope for the best and when i think its quiet get out of there 

Well... If I'm in the midst of a firefight, and are NOT involved, or currently in any type or form of RolePlay, I'll log out to avoid being accidentally RDM'ed or KoS'ed.

If I am in a RolePlaying situation, I will inform anyone I see that I am not a threat, as I am not someone they're fighting. I will keep myself in cover, but unarmed unless fired upon. There isn't much I can do other than try to leave whenever there is a pause in the fighting.

hands up, gun on back and type something like "*Yells* IM NOT INVOLVED IN THIS SHIT IM WALKING AWAY [INSERT DIRECTION] UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIRECT ME" and then walk off yelling that shit in voip frequently.

has worked for me every time.

yea hebee basically covered it. If you find yourself in the MIDDLE of a firefight. Hands up and walk away. It will be slow but you shouldn't get shot.

It wasn't too long ago, but I was jogging through Kabanino, it was quiet for the moment. But before I knew it I got shot through my shoulder. 
Luckily I was able to realise what was going on. Two groups were about to have a conflic and anyone caught with a weapon on their back was going to get shot. 

I treated the bleeding, but it was fun RP:ing trying to find someone good at removing the bullet haha. 

But in any other situation? It's not my part to take, so if I get caught in a firefight, I just bunker down and try to stay away from any crossfire.