Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 06:51 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Furlean

Gagging restrained players

Should hostile players be able to gag restrained players?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the idea of gagging a hostage. ESPECIALLY in torture sessions. Now I'm not a tortureRP'er but I can see the need and want to potentially gag a hostage during that kind of encounter. And for those who are just doing a robbery and the person in question is being mouthy, then you could threaten them with something along the lines of "If you don't hush your tongue boy, then I'm going to hush it for you", now that could be taken as you're going to kill them, but maybe perhaps you don't want to waste your bullet on a mouthy twat. 

Instead you gag them, and roleplay it out properly. Perhaps you get someone to restrain them or tie them up while you proceed to gag them, while of course giving them a choice via your emote. 

That way, both the hostage and the initiators can maybe extend their RP in ways not done before simply because a bullet to the head is quicker. Plus, it gives the hostage a potential goal as well, especially if the RP was great and they were kept alive.

But that's just me.

Gagging is a realistic thing to do to hostages. I see no reason to ban it as long as the hostages are still being rp'ed with. 

On 6/16/2017 at 3:35 PM, FiftyFootAnt said:

I'm not thinking of the no-kill-me rules, I'm more thinking of the RP rules. As a hostage, on this server, I have a right to RP. And gagging shuts down SO MANY RP options; emotes can only go so far.

Emotes can do plenty, trust me. There is a time and place for different types of RP, this is one of those. I want to ask, what is the purpose you find in being able to speak when you are told not to speak? Isn't that NVFL and therefore can be a rulebreak / get you killed? You need to allow for more realistic RP and you'll find you'll be much more immersed and enjoy the experience more. Don't hold yourself back.

If gagging fits within RP, it fits within RP. If it doesn't. It doesn't. If the hostage is cool, and isn't a prick who all he cares about is gear (you shouldn't even be here if you get that salty over gear, a little salt is fine) then he should go along with it. I haven't been here for long, but I notice quite a lot of people are quick to throw out reports. I've heard in the old days people were a lot more chill and actually RP'ed stuff out instead of throwing reports right away because someone had a minor infraction on the rules but it still fit within roleplay. It appears today there are more "sweaty nerds" who get triggered and salty over being robbed. Meanwhile, all they want to do is rob and shoot people

I got held up and all my guns and ammo took TWICE in 4 days. Was I a little salty? Yes. Was I going to cry and complain and look for any minor rule infraction so I could report the people who did it? No. I'd be completely fine with them if they were to gag me if I was talking too much. Honestly, this is why I record everything, so I have video evidence of RP if someone wants to throw out a report.

Now. I haven't broken any rules, and haven't even taken someone hostage yet. But this is just my 2 cents

Edited by Combatsmithen

I mean, I'd prefer seeing people trying to RP out gagging someone than just straight out shooting them for 'shit talking'. But it does seem like it can kill off a lot of role-playing opportunities.

I'm kinda in the middle about the whole thing. 

I honestly am baffled that there are so many people against the idea of it. I may not get myself into a great deal of hostile RP, but as others have stated it is entirely realistic for someone to try and shut you up when you are a hostage. Maybe they don't want you screaming for help or just are sick of hearing you speak; who cares? You're THEIR HOSTAGE and they will do to you as they see fit as long as they have you held captive. I mean... I rp'd having my face shoved underwater while gasping for air the entire time.. just ask @Undead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As staggs so perfectly stated, there IS a right and wrong way to do it. I'm in the mindset that there are already enough "invisible rules" protecting people from certain aspects of realism as it is and we don't need more to break immersion.

It's role play, people. Let's for just one second stop trying to think about what is and isn't "allowed" to be done and focus on the actual heat of the moment when it matters and you're actually role playing something out. Ja? It's the most immersion breaking thing when you're in RP and you're constantly distracted by the worry of "oh **** can I actually do this to this guy?!?! I don't wanna get points for it.." Compromising quality RP for the sake of worrying about being reported for being mature and realistic in RP is incredibly depressing. You've whitelisted, you should know the rules.. just play the game with those in mind and we should all be okay.

Edited by Buddy

1 hour ago, Buddy said:

I honestly am baffled that there are so many people against the idea of it. I may not get myself into a great deal of hostile RP, but as others have stated it is entirely realistic for someone to try and shut you up when you are a hostage. Maybe they don't want you screaming for help or just are sick of hearing you speak; who cares? You're THEIR HOSTAGE and they will do to you as they see fit as long as they have you held captive. I mean... I rp'd having my face shoved underwater while gasping for air the entire time.. just ask @Undead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As staggs so perfectly stated, there IS a right and wrong way to do it. I'm in the mindset that there are already enough "invisible rules" protecting people from certain aspects of realism as it is and we don't need more to break immersion.

It's role play, people. Let's for just one second stop trying to think about what is and isn't "allowed" to be done and focus on the actual heat of the moment when it matters and you're actually role playing something out. Ja? It's the most immersion breaking thing when you're in RP and you're constantly distracted by the worry of "oh **** can I actually do this to this guy?!?! I don't wanna get points for it.." Compromising quality RP for the sake of worrying about being reported for being mature and realistic in RP is incredibly depressing. You've whitelisted, you should know the rules.. just play the game with those in mind and we should all be okay.

^^ THIS