Server time: 2018-02-19, 14:01

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 9 hours, 58 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Kinnish

Thoughts on new zombies?

Am I the only one who struggles with zombies? Like at the beginning stage of a new life, I also seem to get messed up by zombies.

I recently returned to DayZRP after about 6 months with the new .62 update, and I've died 4 times so far, all because of zombies. Like they chip at you and slowly but surely you loose blood and then eventually you just get hit once a boom, you're dead.

Is it just me? Or are the Zombies much more stronger?

Nah you can't tell when you get hit, sure you see the blood but your screen doesn't flash grey. This makes it hard to tell how much damage your taking and from what I've noticed they hit very fast. So try be stealthy ^^

A lot of people don't know this but throwing an object next to a zombie makes it divert it's attention to where the object landed, so if you can't kill it just pick a rock from the ground or something, throw it and sneak past. You should be fine as long as its not looking straight at you

Edited by Cupid

When I spawn fresh I typically sneak, sneak, sneak about! I do my best to avoid them until I have a weapon. Try not to BLASSST through towns too fast, because those suckers sure come up on you uber fast and whack you real good like.

Well i have personely exprienced thay if a zombie glitches out it is able to 1 tap you wich is very annoying, what i also noticed is that the ai easily gets stuck or confused where it should go,

But then again that also happend in previous patches and also the 1 tap ruin clothes option these infected apear to have is very very annoying

Actually talked about this with @Oisín today... We both think they buffed zombies a bit. I think hoever if you try to sneek, you should be fine. Grabbing a hatchet can be useful too.

I personally like a bit harder zombies. We need the game to challange us and not only players.

From what I have seen (yes I have not played the patch yet, too many exams at once currently), it looks like the zombies possess a lot more aggression and deal a lot of damage, they also look a lot harder to deal with it because of these facts. Harder zombies makes it pretty decent considering that this is meant to be a zombie survival game, not a PVP game where zombies are an added taste.

Stealth by sneaking around or throwing objects to distract them helps. Try to also get a melee weapon early on and keep rags handy for when they make you bleed.

2 hours ago, QuinQuam said:

Stealth by sneaking around or throwing objects to distract them helps. Try to also get a melee weapon early on and keep rags handy for when they make you bleed.

Wait, you can actually distract them by throwing objects? Is that confirmed?

TIP : If you got a sprained ankle from a Zombie, get Morphine or Splint ASAP or you gonna get 1 shot next hit Zombie or Human.

Edited by Watchman

Might be me but they seem to be easier to not aggro this patch if you crouch, I have notice that I am able to get a lot closer than .61.

Zombies are noticeably stronger and make you bleed nearly every hit which sucks since you bleed out faster this patch. I do feel like the AI has downgraded to a few patches back which is another disappointment I shouldn't be surprised at. 

4 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

Zombies are noticeably stronger and make you bleed nearly every hit which sucks since you bleed out faster this patch. I do feel like the AI has downgraded to a few patches back which is another disappointment I shouldn't be surprised at. 

+1 cammy preach it!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

And Cammy, this is why you, sir, are a Moderator on DayZRP.com. What an inspiration to us all. I totally agree with everything you have ever said ever.

9 hours ago, Malet said:

Wait, you can actually distract them by throwing objects? Is that confirmed?

I seem to get my clothing damaged way quicker too, and the Zombies agro way easier for silent shots.

I definitely go through rags a whole lot more nowadays, but at least the zombies are now more of a factor. 

I haven't died at all since the 0.62 patch.

• Carry Rags/Bandages (lots of em).
  • Crouch to move around towns (it'll save you a lot of trouble especially if alone).
  • I try to stay healthy as much as possible (eat/drink to light green status' and wait for healthy before next attack on zombies).
  • I've been hit at least 50-60 times by zombies and at least 80% of those times I bled and 25% of the time ruined/damage clothing/items. 
  • I fight them with an axe (takes about 2-3 hits) 1 to the head.
  • You can sneak behind them. This means they won't see you if you're to its side or behind and crouched.
  • Save bullets for hoards, use melee (sneak attack if needed and can do it) aim for the head.
  • If you don't wanna use melee, use SILENCERS or prepare for a shit ton of zombies.
  • Circle the zombies to avoid getting hit when using melee.

Love this patch and love that infected are an actual threat now, this plus wolves are starting to make this game actually feel like a survival game where it forces people to work together despite difference or make new acquaintances due to helping each other, create connections. I hope they stay strong like this (but make the melee better to use against them) kinda miss the one hit fireaxe days.

Edited by Roach

Many people cry about how the new zombies are shit and all that, but I personally like them. This is supposed to ba a "Zombie survival game" so why not to make zombies stronger more aggressive and make them an actual threat to the players. 

Even the raise in the numbers of zombies is a great thing and to be honest I would not even be against seeing even more of them.

To be honest, I do like the so called "new" zombies. They should be a threat, like Joo has stated earlier. I haven't had to much problems with them yet, but when I do get hit by them, I swear I bleed like 70% of the time. So, yes; even though I can't find anything about them boosting the zombies. 

DayZ 0.62

Edited by Strawberry

HELLO! Anime Lover Admin Aiko here!

I actually like how the Zombies are right now, I am actually suppper excited when we have ways to spawn them in! I want this to be a challenge! I want a zombie survival game! I want to create events with them in the future. But, I would enjoy to have different types of zombies really. I dont like running into the same ones all the time, I would like faster ones...crawlers...climbers. Things like that would be great in my opinion!

Heck I would love to see the rp focus more on surviving the zombies then about groups and what not fighting each other. That they need to work together to survive! I want it to be super hard to find loot. That some are good at farming and some are good at this or that. It make things so much more fun! But that is my dream...if it ever happens I guess we will see. :3

Yeah I agree with most of the above. I like the new zombies because you actually have to think about where you're going, and when you get to a new town you need to have a little look because sometimes there's like 3 or 4 of them grouped up so you need to sneak around. What I don't like, however, is the one-shot-ruin-your-nice-jacket falcon punch that I seem to get every 30 minutes. RIP Pristine Clothing  15/6/17 (11:35) - 15/6/17 (11:45) You lived a short life. 

1 hour ago, Aiko said:

HELLO! Anime Lover Admin Aiko here!

I actually like how the Zombies are right now, I am actually suppper excited when we have ways to spawn them in! I want this to be a challenge! I want a zombie survival game! I want to create events with them in the future. But, I would enjoy to have different types of zombies really. I dont like running into the same ones all the time, I would like faster ones...crawlers...climbers. Things like that would be great in my opinion!

Heck I would love to see the rp focus more on surviving the zombies then about groups and what not fighting each other. That they need to work together to survive! I want it to be super hard to find loot. That some are good at farming and some are good at this or that. It make things so much more fun! But that is my dream...if it ever happens I guess we will see. :3

Really nice idea, especially the different zombies but I think I'd be too scared to play with 'crawlers and climbers' and just hide in a house eating pumpkin slices and crying. 

I mean I'm not at all against the zombies, I just think it should be less blood and more shock, so eventually after a few hits you pass out due to shock

Early on I found a Hoe. It was a godly 3 shot long reach weapon that I used for around 3 days before I found a pristine fireaxe. which I used until it was nearly broken

Improv Bow + sharpened sticks has been a lifesaver for me this patch. All ya need is a knife and a rope, kill zombies in dead silence for days without ever taking a hit.