Server time (UTC): 2019-07-24, 09:38
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix

Bad Attitude in Hostile Situations?

Whenever I have a hostage and they get too mouthy, I warn them a couple times yeah. But if its too much I shoot them in the face, especially if they resist the hold up. If ti tell them to raise their hands and they just say "nah" and try walking off I blast'em. and mouthy hostages are pretty much the worst, even if you were in the right for shooting them in the face, its normally considered ruleplay. Which to me is strange, if the man had KOS righs and used them, dude should be fine. I understand in some cases ruleplay is a fair call, but I probably would've shot the man too. Talk shit get hit, if you know someone has the rights to kill you, don't go too far with the IC attitude. 

11 hours ago, Galaxy said:

Throwing in my 2 cents here, there is good points on boths sides

On one it is a RP server and we are all here to enjoy ourselves and not to use our execution rights or whatever you think is right just because you have them. All just have some good hostage RP and hostile. It's a two way thing. I like hostages being mouthy because you can leed it down to more torture methods getting more and more creative (Literally hunt some guy by his ankles off a apartment building yesterday)

But on the other he is being mouthy and in a real life situation it would be handled most probably with a bullet if it was the right people... but last time I met Luke Summer he was highly against killing but eh.

At some point this has to be a game and a server with rules and it did destroy the RP with your friendship bullet for something that could become greater. The report is handled the appeal is up let's not have just another back and forth on the forums about a report for the 10000000th time (Coming from me quite ironic right?)

- Galaxy out

That's funny coming from the guy who did a 1 and a half minute robbery, in which he had been logged on for 2 minutes, and shot someone in the face after 5 seconds for asking "Why they were being robbed" and saying "They don't have anything of value." Hahahahaha. Apparently that character was being "mouthy" Hmmm. Something doesn't add up.

No, you had a hatchet! He had to put you down with his fully kitted out gear within 5 seconds of the robbery, duh. #GoodRP

Edited by Rei

Yeah! But honest, it's not ruleplay!

On a serious note, though, I feel like people go straight to execution, instead of handling the situation like a seasoned bandit. The main culprits are usually doing robberies 2/3 times a day, you'd think by now you'd be able to put yourself in circumstances that mean you have the numbers and advantage to take a hostage smoothly. But what tends to happen is someone says something you weren't expecting and feelings get hurt, so you shoot them. If we're talking about NVFL - if someone said something rude to you IRL - I highly doubt you'd take them to a bunker and torture them. You can threaten them, use your fists, humiliate them. Someone who's good at what they do would weigh the options and know not to underestimate a survivor who's probably been through this shit before and is tired of being picked on - I think that's realistic, especially since humans suffer from all kinds of shock in hostage situations and don't act PERFECTLY. I don't think a lot of the bandit characters are interested in RP on here, and that line is going to get some hate, but it's true. Most initiations have execution in mind from the get go. It seems like bandit RP is the majority of RP unless you land in a good group, and the fact that 70% of RP initiated is a robbery, it's kind of stale and disappointing. 

I think if you made perma death from 3 or so deaths, you'd soon see the robberies not happen as frequently, because the bandit would be scared of losing their character instead of the other way around. I think the fact that bandits have nothing to lose, respawn, their friends give them new equipment and they rob the next guy, means that they don't actually care about dying and if they did, they wouldn't make so many hasty decisions.

Edited by KittieWriting

Terrible report outcome.

If you mouth off as a hostage and act tough then expect to be killed by the captor holding a gun to your head.

From this report it looks as if Para was gonna report anyway regardless of his death based on the TS poke he sent regarding badRP, an accusation he loves to throw around. Why wasnt his OOC brought up in the report with punishment? His pokes distracted those with him, some would say he got away with it because hes staff.

He shows a very poor attitude for a staff member.

Edited by Voodoo

10 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Terrible report outcome.

If you mouth off as a hostage and act tough then expect to be killed by the captor holding a gun to your head.

From this report it looks as if Para was gonna report anyway regardless of his death based on the TS poke he sent regarding badRP, an accusation he loves to throw around. Why wasnt his OOC brought up in the report with punishment? His pokes distracted those with him, some would say he got away with it because hes staff.

He shows a very poor attitude for a staff member.

I had nothing against Phoenix, or her RP. I never intended to report Phoenix for BadRP at all. You make a wild assumption based off of that. I apologised to Phoenix for the poke in TS (before the verdict) to which she accepted it. I had my reasoning for my behavior, albeit not the best reasoning. 

As can be seen in the video, our attitudes were not the best. The reasoning for this is because we had been held captive for a very long time. In our perspective, we were told numerous times to be grateful, yet we were still being threatened the whole time. My 'mouthy attitude' in this situation was me not kissing Phoenix's ass IC, something that they could've acted on. In addition to this, the comment at the house was simply that. Aberration claimed IC to not want to kill somebody yet he spent a lot of the time pointing a gun at me, i pointed that out and was killed for it.

Nothing in the report, at all, was going to be related to the RP phoenix provided, her rp was good.

My opinion, setting myself aside from the very real situation and placing it in general terms, keeping no names in mind. If I take somebody hostage, and they are nothing but snarky and mouthy, I warn them about three to four times, getting more and more aggressive each time. If they fail to comply with this, it's steps up in force. Such as a very real situation I had last year, I even wrote a lore piece on it and the restraint my character showed in killing this person, along with someone who had shot me IC and I knew about it. I warned them not to make a sarcastic or snarky comment, they did, and I shot them in the thigh. The THEN got the message, and zipped it excluding the snivels and moans of pain. I sneered at them a little, chewed them out for their insolence, then let them go with a bullet in their leg.

IF he hadn't have learned his lesson, it would have been the knee on the other leg. If they kept at it past that, it's badRP, fuck em, they get a trip to the coast.

Think of it as steps and procedures. Give every chance for the RP to continue, up to making sense. The RP ends when you pull that trigger with fatal intentions, and that should be a VERY LAST RESORT. I only kill people when they repeatedly fail to comply over a long period as described above or they make threats. Making threats is an instant headshot.

24 minutes ago, Para said:

I had nothing against Phoenix, or her RP. I never intended to report Phoenix for BadRP at all. You make a wild assumption based off of that. I apologised to Phoenix for the poke in TS (before the verdict) to which she accepted it. I had my reasoning for my behavior, albeit not the best reasoning. 

As can be seen in the video, our attitudes were not the best. The reasoning for this is because we had been held captive for a very long time. In our perspective, we were told numerous times to be grateful, yet we were still being threatened the whole time. My 'mouthy attitude' in this situation was me not kissing Phoenix's ass IC, something that they could've acted on. In addition to this, the comment at the house was simply that. Aberration claimed IC to not want to kill somebody yet he spent a lot of the time pointing a gun at me, i pointed that out and was killed for it.

Nothing in the report, at all, was going to be related to the RP phoenix provided, her rp was good.

Not about their RP its about your own. You poked them during the situation complaining. 

By poking them this means you were tabbed out and thus not paying attention/ not giving full attention to the situation. Id imagine you looked them up and used TS (the ingame radio) to complain OOCly which is just as bad as texting OOC that you are bored and had enough. By looking them up you could say this is metagaming but as it is OOC this is 100% BadRP. The radio should count like text ingame so if you are complaining OOCly about a IC situation then its the same as going full OOC with ingame text.

You are a staff member that is meant to set an example, from this situation the example you have set to newer members is that its fine to give badRP during a situation and its fine to poke them on Ts during the situation to complain without getting punishment.

6 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

-snip-

You are a staff member that is meant to set an example, from this situation the example you have set to newer members is that its fine to give badRP during a situation and its fine to poke them on Ts during the situation to complain without getting punishment.

Except no example was set... because I was called out on it both before the verdict and in the verdict. Staff has stated this attitude was not allowed, I have apologised to Phoenix personally and thus the report does not set a precedent that poking somebody like that is allowed. I am fully aware that I fucked up, what you seem to be claiming is that my fuckup sets a precedent which it does not (made evident in the verdict).

You and I clearly don't see eye to eye ever since the last situation that we were both involved in. As this is clearly not going to be settled between the two of us. I am done responding to this thread.

20 minutes ago, Pep said:

Why is Abarrition perma'd ?? I thought its a 5 day ban?

I'd like to know that too. He didn't do anything wrong.

24 minutes ago, Pep said:

Why is Abarrition perma'd ?? I thought its a 5 day ban?

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I'd like to know that too. He didn't do anything wrong.

For reasons well outside of the report.

Edit: I just wanted you guys to know it wasn't to do with the report. Knowing that now, it's also no where near the topic of this thread.

1 hour ago, KittieWriting said:

Yeah! But honest, it's not ruleplay!

On a serious note, though, I feel like people go straight to execution, instead of handling the situation like a seasoned bandit. The main culprits are usually doing robberies 2/3 times a day, you'd think by now you'd be able to put yourself in circumstances that mean you have the numbers and advantage to take a hostage smoothly. But what tends to happen is someone says something you weren't expecting and feelings get hurt, so you shoot them. If we're talking about NVFL - if someone said something rude to you IRL - I highly doubt you'd take them to a bunker and torture them. You can threaten them, use your fists, humiliate them. Someone who's good at what they do would weigh the options and know not to underestimate a survivor who's probably been through this shit before and is tired of being picked on - I think that's realistic, especially since humans suffer from all kinds of shock in hostage situations and don't act PERFECTLY. I don't think a lot of the bandit characters are interested in RP on here, and that line is going to get some hate, but it's true. Most initiations have execution in mind from the get go. It seems like bandit RP is the majority of RP unless you land in a good group, and the fact that 70% of RP initiated is a robbery, it's kind of stale and disappointing. 

I think if you made perma death from 3 or so deaths, you'd soon see the robberies not happen as frequently, because the bandit would be scared of losing their character instead of the other way around. I think the fact that bandits have nothing to lose, respawn, their friends give them new equipment and they rob the next guy, means that they don't actually care about dying and if they did, they wouldn't make so many hasty decisions.

Most initiations have execution in mind from the get go.  What a joke of a comment, and sorry most people in  a hostage situation would sit there and shutup. Fuck off if you think that if you had a gun to your head you would tell a hostage taker he was shit. What a bad meme. What do you have to lose in comparison to a bandit? All your '' personal rp items''. Please. Everyone shares the same risk on the server, initiation, death and reset. That's also a terrible idea for a rule tbh to discourage hostilities because you can't handle rp that doesn't place you on top.  You joined like a month ago, what would you know of ''seasoned bandits'' lol.  If someone I had hostage and yes I mean hostage I have another human being held at gun point to rob and take everything he has and the only reason he's alive is convince, you're god damn right i'd kill him on the spot if he started to become a problem. Don't use that '' it's realistic to shit talk your captor bs. Just because you know you won't be killed on the spot because of the rules doesn't mean you should start shit talking because of it. lol.

2 hours ago, KittieWriting said:

I don't think a lot of the bandit characters are interested in RP on here

Excuse me? Me and @Harvey play bandit characters that both have a solid backstory and have reasons to robb people or take someone hostage and provide good RP when we do. We may have business with a certain person but everything and anything we do goes back to our IC reasoning. Heck we even Internal RP just as much as we RP with other people. It's an even balance and there is always a reason and RP involved. Always

You've been here what... a month? I don't think you have experienced enough Hostile RP to be able to judge if they are interested in RP or not.

I like how admins encourage alternatives for the sake of good RP like torture. Because every character suggests torturing people to themselves.

Like I always say: talk smack, get whacked.

Just now, SirGunman said:

I like how admins encourage alternatives for the sake of good RP like torture. Because every character suggests torturing people to themselves.

Not every character would want to torture someone. That's kinda sadistic.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Not every character would want to torture someone. That's kinda sadistic.

Exactly. And yet I hear torture being used, not because of their character but anything else is either a 5min bad RP scenario or "ruleplay."

You can have a difference in opinion without being rude @Undead :)

Edited by Rei

4 minutes ago, Rei said:

You can have a difference in opinion without being rude.

Sorry but when using words like "culprits",  and say things like

"

I don't think a lot of the bandit characters are interested in RP on here, and that line is going to get some hate, but it's true. Most initiations have execution in mind from the get go. It seems like bandit RP is the majority of RP unless you land in a good group, and the fact that 70% of RP initiated is a robbery, it's kind of stale and disappointing. 

"

Without getting flak from the people who actually enjoy that type of rp, and have put a lot of time and effort into carrying it out. She knew what she was gonna get what she said it "That line is going to get some hate" . Don't insult half the community and then expect no one to say anything. Anyway I anxiously wait a reply. @Rei :) 

Edited by Undead

She merely spoke about her own personal experiences with RP on this server and you act personally offended, if this doesn't apply to you then there's no reason to get offended. You also have no idea about HER experiences on the server, and no interest in understanding them either from the looks of your reply. If you can't give a counter argument/opinion in a civil manner like she did, but throw around stuff like "fuck off" because you're too immature to have a discussion without getting personal, then I highly doubt you're going to get a reply back.

Just now, Rei said:

She merely spoke about her own personal experiences with RP on this server and you act personally offended, if this doesn't apply to you then there's no reason to get offended. You also have no idea about HER experiences on the server, and no interest in understanding them either from the looks of your reply. If you can't give a counter argument/opinion in a civil manner like she did, but throw around stuff like "fuck off" because you're too immature to have a discussion without getting personal, then I highly doubt you're going to get a reply back.

Then she can stay mad tbh. If you can't handle a discussion getting heated because  you're insulting people that's your own fault. She shouldn't play the victim to circumstances she created. Did she explain her experiences on the server? No she insulted half the server without listing any incidents or reasons for why she would lump the majority of the server, into her few shitty experiences. I don't really care about her response, tbh the ending of my post was more of curiosity to see if she would actually bring something to the table. There's not argument to counter.

Anyway back on topic yea, sorry for this derailing but its getting kind of ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Rei said:

And obviously you're going to back your friend, it's fine. Since everyone got banned on March 1st, the community is a lot more tightly knit and also divided at the same time. There are a lot less good bandit RP'ers which is why Austin doesn't like what you're saying and nor do I, assuming that all bandit roleplay is terrible is always going to rile up what's left of us.

3 minutes ago, Randle said:

And obviously you're going to back your friend, it's fine. Since everyone got banned on March 1st, the community is a lot more tightly knit and also divided at the same time. There are a lot less good bandit RP'ers which is why Austin doesn't like what you're saying and nor do I, assuming that all bandit roleplay is terrible is always going to rile up what's left of us.

>There are a lot less good bandit RP'ers

Which is what we've been experiencing, so she made a post about it. Why is it that people who consider themselves good at bandit RP, get offended? She's not talking about you, she's talking about the lazy robberies that happened to her. Again, don't get so offended if this doesn't apply to you. Does she really have to add "btw not all bandits!" at the end of every post?

Edited by Rei

12 minutes ago, Rei said:

Here is a scene from @Roachs DayZRP series. This scene shows @Undead's hostile RP. To see some more of the hostile RP you experience on our server, I'd suggest watching his entire series because it represents the quality of RP we support in this community. Clearly you haven't been here long enough to experience it and I am sorry if you only had experiences with bad Hostile RP, but we have a lot of members that dedicate everything they can into their Hostile RP. Undead is one of the best we have, so he is allowed to argue something like that because it reflects bad onto him. Reffering to the youtube clip again, I'd watch it if I were you to understand what I mean. same goes for @KittieWriting

Edited by Phoenix

Just now, Rei said:

>There are a lot less good bandit RP'ers

Which is what we've been experiencing, so she made a post about it. Why is it that people who consider themselves good at bandit RP, get offended? She's not talking about you, she's talking about the lazy robberies that happened to her. Again, don't get so offended it this doesn't apply to you. Does she really have to add "btw not all bandits!" at the end of every post?

I still don't understand why you're talking for her, are your mother or her keeper. If lazy robberies happened to her that's between her and the people who robbed her. Don't bring half the server into it. Did she say "the people who have robbed me" no, she was talking about most bandit rp'ers. Anyway seems like a case of, she spoke incorrectly, she meant a few people who robbed her, and didn't mean half the server eh?. Because sorry when someone who's only posts before this thread are in the report section calls out half the server. Yea i'm gonna reply.