Server time: 2018-10-17, 17:16
Sign in to follow this  
randomredstone

S1 Stary Killing Compliant Hostage

Server and location: S1 Near Stary

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 05-31-2017 ~5:30PM Central US

Your in game name: Quentin Spurlock / Quentin Spurloc 

Names of allies involved: n/a

Name of suspect/s: William Stroker - Donny Sullivan 

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events

After being accused of attempting to hit Donny Sullivan with an IZH-43 Shotgun when my character had shot a bird, I was immediately shot at by everyone from ~200 meters away so I had decided to run. I was caught up and initiated on by the same group of people later past the outskirts of Stary. I welcomed the hostage RP excitingly, but was discouraged when killed without reason. I was given no demands where I had refused to comply, followed by my unjust death, which leads me here. Members of my family spectated the incident and were discouraged towards my character's death as much as I. I play DayZRP to roleplay, not to have what my character says lead to the inappropriate outcomes for which I've experienced today.

Video evidence of death is uploading until uploaded.

Will post pov tomorrow however i will say this

"Can you just let me go im bored"

That isnt being compliant. Happy to talk in ts about this.

3 minutes ago, Kyle_Jones said:

Will post pov tomorrow however i will say this

"Can you just let me go im bored"

That isnt being compliant. Happy to talk in ts about this.

As a hostage there's nothing that says I can't give attitude. Now that would be different if you were to have said "don't give me attitude." 

What's the point in being a hostage, or taking other's hostage, if they were to all behave the same? I have all the right to say what I had said. But there was not a command given, that I did not follow. Therefore I was compliant. Please quit twisting that up. 

Just now, randomredstone said:

As a hostage there's nothing that says I can't give attitude. Now that would be different if you were to have said "don't give me attitude." 

What's the point in being a hostage, or taking other's hostage, if they were to all behave the same? I have all the right to say what I had said. But there was not a command given, that I did not follow. Therefore I was compliant. Please quit twisting that up. 

I did stay to stop chatting shit or i'd dome you. There was definitely commands given by the group.

3 minutes ago, Kyle_Jones said:

I did stay to stop chatting shit or i'd dome you. There was definitely commands given by the group.

You did say that. Anything could be seen as chatting shit. In my opinion, I was not chatting shit. I was simply talking. Now why is your opinion stronger than mine?  A roleplay situation in which the hostage isn't allowed to speak at all, if that is what you meant, is not roleplay. Moreso, its an unrealistic demand. Or in a way, avoiding RP, if not minimalizing it. I'm in the right. 

1 minute ago, randomredstone said:

You did say that. Anything could be seen as chatting shit. In my opinion, I was not chatting shit. I was simply talking. Now why is your opinion stronger than mine?  A roleplay situation in which the hostage isn't allowed to speak at all, if that is what you meant, is not roleplay. Moreso, its an unrealistic demand. Or in a way, avoiding RP, if not minimalizing it. I'm in the right. 

Chat shit, as in insult

Anyhow ill post my full pov later on tomorrow, going on a family trip.

Edited by Kyle_Jones

Connection Logs

Spoiler

22:06:20 | Player "Donny Sullivan" is connected 
-died-
23:45:01 | Player "Donny Sullivan" has been disconnected

22:54:39 | Player "William Stroker" is connected 
-died-
-No Disconnection-

22:07:45 | Player "Tommy Brown" is connected 
-died-
-No Disconnection-

22:55:46 | Player "Quentin Spurloc" is connected 
-Restart-

Hit Logs

Spoiler

23:34:08 | "Donny Sullivan HIT Quentin Spurloc by fist into head."
23:34:30 | "Donny Sullivan HIT Quentin Spurloc by fist into head."
23:34:30 | "Player Quentin Spurloc has fallen into unconsciousness."
23:34:30 | "Donny Sullivan HIT Quentin Spurloc by fist into head."

23:36:12 | "Tommy Brown SHOT Quentin Spurloc by AKM into pelvis."

23:38:29 | "Donny Sullivan HIT Quentin Spurloc by BaseballBatNailed into head."
23:38:29 | "Quentin Spurloc has fallen into unconsciousness.
23:38:29 | "Donny Sullivan HIT Quentin Spurloc by BaseballBatNailed into head."

Death Logs

Spoiler

23:38:29 | Player "Quentin Spurloc" has been killed by player "Donny Sullivan"

Chat Logs

Spoiler

23:26:19 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): come on dick
23:31:42 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): sure
23:31:46 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): there were no zombies
23:31:51 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): lie again and ill dome you
23:32:04 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): why'd you call my jacket shit
23:32:07 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): dont like that
23:32:22 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): you called it shit
23:32:26 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): why you call it shit
23:32:46 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): right
23:32:49 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): listen shithead
23:32:58 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): i deal with cunts like you all the fuckin time back in boston
23:33:02 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): oi
23:33:07 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): shut up
23:33:12 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): right listen
23:33:17 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): you see this?
23:33:24 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): DO YOU SEE IT
23:33:34 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): good
23:33:44 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): you know how many people ive bashed over the head with this?
23:33:50 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): WHEN I FUCKIN WANT
23:34:00 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): many many people
23:34:02 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): alright
23:34:05 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): what?
23:34:10 | Chat("Tommy Brown"): *kicks man in leg*
23:34:11 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): SHUT IT
23:34:22 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR ILL FUCKING KILL YOU
23:34:25 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): SHUT UP
23:34:33 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): DID YOU?
23:34:36 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): DID YOU?
23:34:40 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): NOBODY FUCKING ASKED
23:34:49 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): get this sack of shit up
23:35:16 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): yo shithead
23:35:23 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): you take punches like that back in the union?
23:35:26 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): get up
23:35:27 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): stand
23:35:29 | Chat("Tommy Brown"): *stomps on mans foot*
23:35:57 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): good, so your not a total downie
23:36:21 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): you gonna keep chatting shit?
23:36:29 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): nah fuck this guy
23:36:31 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): hes mine
23:36:35 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): get him up
23:36:40 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): no
23:36:41 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): oi
23:36:43 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): get him up
23:36:52 | Chat("William Stroker"): //PERMS TO PERMASCAR??
23:36:59 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): // hes not awake
23:37:01 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): get up
23:37:03 | Chat("Quentin Spurloc"): //no
23:37:04 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): GET.. UP
23:37:12 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): GET
23:37:12 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): UP
23:37:19 | Chat("Quentin Spurloc"): //trying
23:37:29 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): fuck it
23:37:29 | Chat("Tommy Brown"): get on your knee's
23:37:41 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): *smacks him in the stomach with the baseball bat*
23:37:51 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): SHUT 
23:37:52 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): UP
23:38:01 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): wow
23:38:03 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): this guy
23:38:07 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): doesnt react to anything
23:38:19 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): *smacks him again in the stomach with the baseball bat*

Calling in the following to post their PoV(s):

@Kyle_Jones - Donny Sullivan | @Puncture - Tommy Brown | @SandDancer97 - William Stroker |

In addition, please list the names of any allies present for the situation and post any video evidence you may have.

7 minutes ago, Kyle_Jones said:

Chat shit, as in insult

Anyhow ill post my full pov later on tomorrow, going on a family trip.

In the amount of time you two have gone back in forth we could have a lot more info in this report, like POVs. Focus on that, we'll focus on the rest.

@randomredstone, your video evidence is edited, please upload and post the full and unedited video. 

Rio Anderson POV:

We were running from Stary to Novy when we see this fine gentleman in the field.  We jog up to him talk to him for a bit and he walks away.  Donny follows him and the OP turns around and shoots at our group and begins to run away.  None of us knew what happened besides Donny and Donny begins to shoot at him.  After that we look for him, we find him running near lonely house.  Puncture and I chase him and I initiate on him and hold him until Donny arrives.  After he arrives I went behind a wall and went AFK to feed the animals. 

So me and my boys are going to novy were we meet a guy, we talk to him for a bit then he walks off saying he has something to do, then as he walks off @Kyle_Jones runs after him. So me and the rest of the guys are just sitting in a circle then we here a shot that came from either @Kyle_Jones or @randomredstone, we didn't know at the time because @Kyle_Jones mic is broken at the moment, then we turn around and see @randomredstone running away from kyle and then we see kyle just start unloading at him and then he chases after him. Then kyle says in chat he just shot at me and @randomredstone gets away from us and then we bump into him again near kab hill. @ExoticRainbow voip initiates and he he complies. Since he shot kyle we let him take care of the hostage along with @SandDancer97. Kyle asks randomredstone why he shot at him and he said I was shooting an infected or a bird when there was no infected in the area. Then they start doing some tortureRP and he says that doesn't hurt me I've been punched a lot back in russia or some thing like that. Then they hit him again and he says I'm bored can you let me go. So I go up to him and emote *Kicks man in leg* and he act's as it doesn't faze him at all. So I then emote *stomps on mans foot* and again no response. So I just watch them do there thing while pointing my gun to his head while there talking to him and he repeatedly keeps saying I'm bored can I go now and some other stuff. Then @SandDancer97 pulls out a knife and says what do you think I should do with this and @randomredstone says you should shove it up your ass twice. (Would like to note that we said don't shit talk or you will receive a bullet to the brain) They then kill him and we head to KAB get in a fight and @ExoticRainbow dies for the first time in a month.

So we see this boi out ere in da field. We give him a brief conversation and he goes on his way, Kyle follows him and as his mic is currently broken so we have no clue whats happening when Kyle starts spamming shots at him. Kyle said he shot at him with the shotgun so we run after him and initiate instead of blowing his brains out. I'd like to ask why your video is cut as I said "If you're not respectful we will kill you", I was in the trees most of the time but by the sounds of it you wasn't being very respectful. I come over and he says "Can you let me go now I'm bored" I don't see that as being very respectful so Kyle hit a homerun with his forehead.

EDIT: can we also see video of you shooting at the "bird" and not Kyle?

Edited by TheProxJack

Donny Sullivan POV:

So were talking to this guy while hes doing the bandit dance and we all decide to leave him but as hes walking away he calls my jacket shit which i take offense to so i follow him and try to get him to turn around to which i then just leave him, he then turns around and shoots, sprinting off so i fire a few return shots and miss (cos im trash) we then chase him up near lonely house where we initiate and start the hostile RP, we hit him and try and emote to no response from the OP, constantly throughout this torture RP hes constantly complaining about how bored he is and how he wants to be released, we tell him to shut the fuck up cos its annoying, after NVFLing i take the decision to dome him with my baseball bat.

To the OP i ask this, why didnt you respond to my emotes? In a real hostage situation would you complain about how bored you are? If you were shooting at a bird or zombie (when there was none around) why did it take you a few miliseconds to aim and shoot? Have you got quickdraw pro? No, it takes longer than a few miliseconds to shoot a bird.

POV: I was with my boys @TheProxJack@Puncture@ExoticRainbow@Kyle_Joneswe come into contact with a guy in stary sobore we decide to talk to him and ask him whats he doing in here he gave us OK RP and i did not really hear much due to me just keeping a general eye out in case he had friends . my boys looking like they were finishing and then I hear gunshots everyone started to go wild in comms and all i hear was @Kyle_Jones was shooting at him I do not know If he initiated him or not but i did hear what was a shotgun blast first ,we decide to go and chase after the guy wanting to know what was going on we find the guy  near lonely house and we initiate on the guy in case  we did not do it before not to complicate things . I was with the hostage RPing with him he was Giving really bad RP saying he was bored and he wanted to know how long this was going to take and weather or not he was going to be killed or released  I wanted to torture him by sticking a knife in his knee I // permition to perma-scar can i do it ? and he said no . I was giving him good RP and he was being rude and had generally NVFL when it came to what happened I said since this was going nowhere " if your going to be like this my friend here is going to play golf with his bat on your head " he wasn't being responsive and so I let Kyle be Tiger Woods and smash his head open  with the bat. 

Edited by SandDancer97

As mentioned before @randomredstone we can talk this out in teamspeak, save the gamemasters some time to deal with other reports, however its up to you. I will be active most days in the defiants comms, just drop us a poke and we can have a little chit chat :)

I was not planning on using any recording software, which unfortunately resulted in technical difficulties giving me two separate clips, which is 100% of the footage given. The issue with the suspect's POVs is that a shot was fired nowhere near, nor towards them. If someone fires a shot that doesn't fly by you, or hit you, and isn't near you, you do not automatically assume it was directed towards you because you see the shooter run. Now regarding the initiation, it seems slightly evident that all of the suspects may have taken my character's RP to a personal level. They seem to believe every hostage they find will & should always quiver in fear, or beg for their life, etc. My character was very headstrong, expressing fear was not an option. And that's perfectly fine. As constructive criticism, you guys should really reevaluate how wide the spectrum of RP really is, because it is not limited to only what you know. Now again, I still accuse the killing of a compliant hostage, as emotions shouldn't conflict with the fact that I was fine as a hostage, and I did not refuse any commands, in order to experience RP.

22 minutes ago, randomredstone said:

I was not planning on using any recording software, which unfortunately resulted in technical difficulties giving me two separate clips, which is 100% of the footage given. The issue with the suspect's POVs is that a shot was fired nowhere near, nor towards them. If someone fires a shot that doesn't fly by you, or hit you, and isn't near you, you do not automatically assume it was directed towards you because you see the shooter run. Now regarding the initiation, it seems slightly evident that all of the suspects may have taken my character's RP to a personal level. They seem to believe every hostage they find will & should always quiver in fear, or beg for their life, etc. My character was very headstrong, expressing fear was not an option. And that's perfectly fine. As constructive criticism, you guys should really reevaluate how wide the spectrum of RP really is, because it is not limited to only what you know. Now again, I still accuse the killing of a compliant hostage, as emotions shouldn't conflict with the fact that I was fine as a hostage, and I did not refuse any commands, in order to experience RP.

If you were a compliant hostage please explain when told not to insult us or you would die you decided to insult one of our members by telling him to shove the knife up his arse. That isnt being headstrong, its being arrogant.

Referencing an earlier post by you... "not to have what my character says lead to the inappropriate outcomes for which I've experienced today"

unfortunately however we told you to stop disrespecting multiple times as seen in the video, a key example of you NVFLing is when i clearly told you "23:34:22 | Chat("Donny Sullivan"): DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO OR ILL FUCKING KILL YOU" yet you still decide to tell me to let you go based on the fact that your bored.

Edited by Kyle_Jones

Verdict:

@Kyle_Jones [Invalid Kill - roleplayed] Not Guilty

Explanation:

A team of staff have reviewed this case and have come to a conclusion regarding it. According to the POVs presented, @randomredstone shoots near the accused, causing a retaliation from the accused’s party. You state that you shot in the air near the accused because you were shooting a bird, but on the other hand, the accused states that you shot at him. With nothing in the logs and no video evidence to get a good idea of what really went down, we can not and will not take another community members word over another, therefore we are unable to draw any conclusions. However, please bear in mind that shooting in the direction of someone is classified as a hostile threat, thus granting Kill rights. With that being said, it still must make roleplay sense to use those KOS rights. Shortly after, the OP is then taken hostage by the accused. Based off the text logs, the accused’s party has a decently long hostage RP session with the OP. During this time, the OP is told to stop “talking shit” and to cut the useless chatter. Towards the end of the ordeal, the OP makes a few snarky comments at his captors, as seen in the video provided. The hostage takers told the OP to stop with the wise ass comments, yet he still prevailed, making him a non-compliant hostage. As a result, Babe Ruth knocks him out of the park. We see no issue with this kill, as the OP was told multiple times to stop shit talking. However just as general reminder, excessively talking back to your captors demands can be seen as not valuing your characters life, and in the future may be punished accordingly.

8.5 Hostages may only be killed in the following scenarios:

• 8.5.1 Hostages do not comply with your demands or pose a direct threat to you or your group.

@randomredstone, throughout the video you provided we have noticed that you showed absolutely no pain RP. You were stomped on, kicked and hit with a baseball bat, but miraculously your character didn’t even wince. This is not how you properly RP out pain, and is considered BadRP. You don’t always have to scream/grunt into your mic when tortured,  you can always emote it.

Proper pain RP examples:

*He lets out a loud scream*

*She grunts at the excruciating pain*

Expressing pain RP is enjoyable for both parties, and makes the situation more interesting. You state in your POV that you enjoyed the hostage roleplay up until the point in which you were killed. We are glad to hear this, however you need to do your part as well. Roleplay is a two way street. The only way a good roleplay scenario can occur is if both parties put effort in. This applies to the hostage takers and the hostage. You could have some amazing hostage takers, but the situation can be killed if the hostage is not contributing anything. Vice versa.  In the future we expect that you will properly RP out pain, whether it’s from text or from VOIP.

Outcome:

@Kyle_Jones [Invalid Kill- roleplayed]: No punishment

Verdict by @Will, @Elmo, and @Jamie