Server time: 2019-03-26, 19:17 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Empress Nino

146.97 - Open Frequency

*Ivana moves quickly through the cluttered radio room, bumping into loose wires, and a metal shelf as a man from behind her screams. After giving a snide remark, she plops into her own personal chair, turns on the radio, moves to the frequency, and depresses the PTT switch with her foot*

“Tesarik…Tesarik? Did you get your job done yet? I’ve got Marek breathing down my goddamn neck!”

*Miloš Tesarik’s voice comes in clearer than that of Ivana’s. Raising his voice, he responds in a sarcastic tone.*

“Got it taken care of… repeater is working and you’re heard, Kucera! So shut the hell up and say what you’ve been told!”

*Ivana sighs, looking over at Artur who is busy fiddling with a disassembled Heathkit HW-101 radio*

“Good morning Chernarus. To all those listening, this is Ivana Kucera broadcasting out of Novy Ráj. As of now, we have a repeater setup, so you’ll be hearing a lot more from us. Don’t go looking for it. I can guarantee that you’ll be punished should you want to interrupt our important work. Now that we have this introduction out of the way, let's get down to brass tax. It’s been long enough for us, so let’s not waste time...”

*Ivana flips open a lighter with her left hand and lights a cigarette that had been dangling in her mouth. She inhales deeply then looks at the script. Laughing, she coughs slightly and then starts to speak.*

“We here at Novy Ráj are here for you. Back in December, roughly around four hundred of your countrymen and women found it in themselves to work together and establish something beautiful. We are currently not looking for new residents. We have doctors, farmers, lawyers, ex-CDF, police, factory workers, you name it. At the moment we are booked to capacity, with well over seven hundred mouths to feed as we have grown significantly, but once our expansions are complete we will be opening our doors for those who are strong and can help support us. We've already expended our efforts successfully in retaking the naval docks here in Novigrad, as well as the Kozlov International Airport. We have pilots on hand to operate some of the jets and prop planes left behind by the Air Force, but we’re looking for those who can supply us with more fuel. If you have any information that can lead to the procurement of jet and diesel , we here at Novy Ráj will reward you handsomely. We will send a party of our people to South Zagoria, and other provinces of Chernarus to discuss trade and relations with you.

*Turning her head, Ivana screams back at Marek in Chernarussian. An astute listener would hear her screaming about the safety of the power grid.*

“To those who can hear this. Know you’re now not alone.”

*With a sigh, Ivana repeats the message translated into Chernarussian, then releases the PTT switch with her foot and waits for any responses*

* Austin smirks hearing the broadcast, he grabs his radio and holds down the ptt * 

" Listen girlie South Zagoria is doing just fine without your aid thanks. You sound like the U.N did when they showed up from Iceland not to long ago. Where do you think they went? This place may be a bit of a wasteland but it's a beautiful wasteland that I know and love . I don't think I need it to be changed .

* He pauses to look around the bleak land around him and takes a drag from the joint he hadn't been smoking *

" Anyways don't be expecting a warm welcome from me or mine. I'm sure there are plenty of others who enjoy the way things work now. The strong devour the weak, the people of this country play their games, but in the end everything stays the same. We don't need you, we don't want you.

* Austin lets go of the ptt and pockets his radio. Looking out across the field he wonders if he smoked to much *

*Miloš hears the american man and shakes his head as he responds*

"Did you hear that Kucera? Some Západní odpad tries to push us around? Why don't you go back home and not let the door hit you on the way out eh? We don't need you either, we look for people who want to help us all."

*Releases the PTT on the stand mic in the makeshift station a loud click would be heard before the transmission ceases, fading into static*

*matus still keeps scanning long range frequencies and he is surprised to find one of them alive and he hears the message on his radio, but figures his radio is not strong enoughto answer it. While he is on his way to one of bigger radio towers the other messages get in. After climbing up to its electrical box he connects his radio to it to use whole tower as anthena*

"First people you nuts? They arent coming here to live here nor to take this place nor to help us. They are coming to do bussines and than they ll probably be gone. Just treat themas another traveling bussinesmen.

As for those sending this message. I am not sure if this place has what you are looking for, i dont know of any stash of fuel that you could use for your planes. Maeby someone other will, but i wouldnt put much hope into trip to this part will be worth it. And when your people get here, tell them to be ready, as this place is worse than many others.

By the way, we had some helies beeing shot down around here, were those yours?"

*he disconects his radio and climbs down to shut the small generator powering the tower from nearby shed*

*VÍt at the campsite with the rest of his bratři hears the message, a smile comes to his face. he quickley grabs his radio, presses down the PTT button*

ahoy i am VÍt former Kapitan of the national re.... 

*VÍt pauses before saying more*

the CDF yes. me and my Bratři are in South Zagoria this place is fucked to many foreigners completely fucked the place. but i hear you want fuel ano? well there are a couple of airstrips hear in South Zagoria they might have the fuel you need ano?  

*VÍt pauses as he hears one of the other men speak*

look i have to go, i wish i can help more but im very busy at the moment. good luck.

*Puts down radio*

-As Ivana snoozes at her desk, Artur slides his rolling chair over to the radio as he hears the two people talk- 

"We are not coming to give you people hand-outs if that is what you think. If we ran across the UN we would probably kill them ourselves for what they did. We have people all over Chernarus, we know what has gone on in South Zagoria. You people are murderous, beyond just normal levels. Many of you kill for sport. On a different note, my name is Artur Novosad and I am one of the communications officers for Novy Raj. We appreciate the friendliness we have received. Our party should arrive soon. If you have questions about Chernarus or the outside world fire away."

-Artur slides away to a filing cabinet and pulls out a file on South Zagorian folklore and begins to read-

*Shane depresses his PTT, looking around at some of the other Marines gathered around.*

"Fuel. We can help with that, we've been surveying the area and we have a lot of intel compiled about resource caches and the like."

*He sniffs, rubbing at his jaw.*

"Contact us on an encrypted frequency. 367.1, encryption key is the year your latest civil war began, reversed. Apologies for the sensitivity, there's not much... known common information for us to go off of..."

*static*

*After spending several hours in an old radio tower Tyrus is able to boost his signal enough to send out a message.*

"Hello, my name is Tyrus Mason.  I heard from your radio chatter that you have plenty of Doctors and do not require anymore.  This peaked my interest, I am or was, an orthopedic surgeon before the outbreak.  I was attending a conference in  the capital when I was trapped here, if you have access to records you should be able to find a list of my specialty and experience.  I yern for a chance to return to proper medical work and help put the world back together.  If you have been monitoring the country's radio chatter I would refer you to two projects I attempted to undertake to help towards that end.  I wish to further my goal and aid in whatever way is necessary and to gain your trust.  The following projects failed due to the instability that plagues the country however my hope is that you will see the effort I placed towards our apparent common goal.  I look forward to hearing from you."

*The rest of the chatter is pre-recorded messages from the projects Tyrus once undertook by the names of "Operation Gorkan Fist" and "Day Humanity"*

~User was cautioned for this post~

(Post edited to specification)

Edited by Mason26
Caution issued

Sebastian twists his head whilst holding a canteen of vodka, listening amongst the people of many cultures his thick brow quirks in curiosity. With his radio settled beside him, overlooking the view of trees in the valley. Inhaling a fresh breath of air as he sits on a makeshift bench. Legs extended out he chuckles to himself. Surprised in fact. A rough Spanish accent comes across from the transmission.

"So... Let me get this right amiga. You're telling me you have 700 hundred mouths to feed. Yet I can't find one damn person around here that isn't looking to rob me..."

He clicks his tongue against his teeth, almost sounding in doubt. But his tone still delighted with the fact maybe civilisation is still going on. 

"Ah, amiga. Only fuel I know of is the ones I used to have at my bars at Barcelona. Not the ones for your jets but the ones for your mind. Lo siento... I can't be much help around here... Hopefully someone can help... Glad to see at least there are a few hundred being able to live their lives like normal people, eh? But I can't be sad. Been here a few weeks now, the view seems a lot different than back at home... More trees... Less sand. Different, no? Eh, I'm running my mouth.. I hope we hear more on this paradise... Not that I'm saying the sights of this place aren't already good enough... Any way if you need a man who can make some fine cocktails... Give me an oye..  Hablamos pronto..."

Taking another swig of his vodka, Sebastian takes the time to settle down his radio. Sighing to himself. One thing he hated was being alone. One thing he also hated was meeting the wrong people to think alone may be better. His large padded fingers reach up to rub a scar inflicted down his lip. 

On 5/28/2017 at 8:04 PM, Mason26 said:

*After spending several hours in an old radio tower Tyrus is able to boost his signal enough to send out a message.*

"Hello, my name is Tyrus Mason.  I heard from your radio chatter that you have plenty of Doctors and do not require anymore.  This peaked my interest, I am or was, an orthopedic surgeon before the outbreak.  I was attending a conference in  the capital when I was trapped here, if you have access to records you should be able to find a list of my specialty and experience.  I yern for a chance to return to proper medical work and help put the world back together.  If you have been monitoring the country's radio chatter I would refer you to two projects I attempted to undertake to help towards that end.  I wish to further my goal and aid in whatever way is necessary and to gain your trust.  The following projects failed due to the instability that plagues the country however my hope is that you will see the effort I placed towards our apparent common goal.  I look forward to hearing from you."

*The rest of the chatter is pre-recorded messages from the projects Tyrus once undertook by the names of "Operation Gorkan Fist" and "Day Humanity"*

~User was cautioned for this post~

(Post edited to specification)

-Artur presses the PTT and begins to talk to Tyrus-

"The only thing we can tell you to do is to stay put, start something up near you and help people there as best you can. If you need some support tell us and we will send whatever you need your way.

-cuts off-

*Presses his PTT down and responds.*

"Thank you, I've recently been traveling the road helping different settlements.  I wonder if you would indulge a curious mind with a little more elaboration on the history of your organisation and its origin?   What level of access do you have to proper medical facilities?  I have many questions but I wont burden you with all of them.  

Thank you."

*Releases the PTT*

On 5/30/2017 at 1:32 PM, Mason26 said:

*Presses his PTT down and responds.*

"Thank you, I've recently been traveling the road helping different settlements.  I wonder if you would indulge a curious mind with a little more elaboration on the history of your organisation and its origin?   What level of access do you have to proper medical facilities?  I have many questions but I wont burden you with all of them.  

Thank you."

*Releases the PTT*

-Artur hears the man's question and hits the PTT-

"We essentially originated from CDF forces that holed up in Novigrad and held out for several years. They had hundreds of soldiers along with tanks and a helicopter or two. Overtime they lost dozens of troops, they had civilians too. But they managed to clear out most roving bandit groups and armed gangs in the Novigrad area. They didn't give up, they gritted their teeth and carried on until Spring of 2016. Eventually folks came in from all over Western Chernarus. Officially, Novy Raj formed in December of last year, as we spent most of the summer months preparing outside the city to clear an area for a new settlement. We gathered all our people, and cleared Novigrad block by block along a strip of territory that we deemed was necessary and strategic to hold onto. By October we had taken the ground and secured it, but we declared our territory and our alliance in December which was our official form date. By that time we were able to bring in hundreds of people from the countryside who flocked from around to join us. At that point we were ready for winter and hunkered down." 

"As far as medical facilities go, we managed to find a dozen doctors of several specialities, and a couple surgeons and nurses. We cleaned out the downtown hospital and re-staffed it. As of now the hospital, a military HQ, and the communication center where I am speaking to you from are the only locations that draw power from the grid. Our hospital isn't much but we didn't just start it here, we got our medical folks together ahead of time before we moved into the city. If you have any more questions fire away by all means, I sleep in this damn radio room so it is nice to talk to folks."

-Artur stops talking and walks over to his desk and grabs a toothbrush and a tube of paste before sitting back down-

*Smiles at the reply and presses his PTT again*

"It fills my heart with joy that somewhere humanity is retaking and settling down again to form community and a real future.  You have accomplished what I and many others have tried and failed too here in Cherno.  We have plenty of problems here with Raiders and Cannibals however there are good and decent people here as well.  I try my best alongside other wandering or group specific medical practitioners but with only scavenged supplies and little to nothing in the way of power we can only do so much.  I'd love to establish some sort of deal in time to perhaps transport my sickest and most wounded to your facility until they recover via one of your helicopters.  This of course would build a reputation and trust among the decent folks of the country and they may even be more inclined to aid in your fuel problems.  I intend to establish a clinic in the town of Vybor you can send any of your scouts or contact to the medical facility there for a face to face.

If your willing to talk more about your community I'd be more than willing to offer you any information you require within my knowledge.  As for fuel I dropped by the old military airfield and looked at what faded paperwork it had in its main air-traffic control tower.   From what I can tell most of the type of fuel you need was either moved, used or destroyed.  One tanker was headed to a checkpoint near Balota Airstrip but after all this time its a long shot, but its something.  How to you feed such a large population?  Do you keep livestock? Do you have manufacturing capability?  I look forward to hearing from you again my friend."

4 hours ago, Mason26 said:

-Snip-

-Artur sips his coffee carefully before responding-

"I will make sure our party reaches out to you as well. They might can work something out. In regards to how we feed ourselves, we have the docks along with a handful of fishing vessels that we use, mostly trolling along the coast for sturgeon, whiting, sea bass, and mackerel. That yields some, but obviously not enough to feed all of us. We do maintain livestock in a park near the government quarter, we brought them in from our countryside encampment and built pens and stalls for them. Meat and dairy cows, pigs, goats, sheep, and even a domesticated deer, don't ask about that one though. Apparently it was a deer that lived in a national park just east of the city along the coast, gorgeous place. Anyway, so the deer was used to humans feeding it and socializing with it, and there was a young man named Marek and his mother who joined us in November and brought the deer with them. It wanders the streets at random, which is odd for new arrivals. Our manufacturing capability is limited, although we are attempting to get an armament workshop operating so we can reload our spent rounds. We have access to a fairly large stock of CDF ammo from before, but it has been significantly drained. A small garage provides some limited maintenance for our trucks and cars, but the army has it's own depot that it repairs its material at."

-Artur lets off the PTT-

*Takes a sip from his can of flat three year old beer can relaxing back in his chair in the Vybor Clinic*  

*Presses his PTT*

"I have to say it sounds like paradise compared to how we are living.  I served in the British armed forces during the war in Iraq, I have seen what rolling tanks into another country does to public opinion.  Can we expect to see the armaments you have listed rolling into the country at your side?  And for my own curiosity what model of tanks do you have, I had a small hobby before the outbreak in such feats of engineering."

*Releases his PTT*

-Artur begins to speak after receiving news-

"Hello fellow survivors. We have been made aware of something occurring in Europe, something we are only now gaining knowledge of. We have received very long-ranged but garbled radio transmissions on an old military frequency. Something about an "awakening" and a great "upheaval". We are not sure what this means but there is something big heading towards this region of the East. We suspect it is a larg---------"

-The transmission is cut out suddenly, and descends into static-

*Nino Cristavi while injured travels to the location of the repeater and finds it damaged. With a sigh, she uses what knowledge she has of antennas to try and repair the repeater, meanwhile on a different frequency, she tries desperately to contact Novy Raj. After some time she manages to contact them, and begins to transcribe and confirm the garbled transmissions out of Novigrad. Once the repeater is functional, she leaves area. On the way back to South Zagoria, she lights a cigarette, takes a few drags, and depresses the PTT.*

"This is Nino Cristavi, lead scout, Novy Raj... I've managed to restore the repeater. Seems some vandals tried to take down our operation."

*She takes a drag, exhales and talks as she exhales*

"I've contacted Novigrad, and have gotten some startling news. Reportedly there are a fleet of ships in the Black Sea, and will be approaching the Peninsula very soon. We will update you with more information as soon as it becomes available. As Artur said before the repeater died, it was what he called an "old military frequency" What ever that means... but we have gotten some more information. It seems as if some of those ships in this fleet are actually old naval vessels. The people on the other end... they say they have important information... We will keep you appraised."

*she finishes her cigarette and tosses it on the ground*

"Nino Cristavi out."

*She releases the PTT and continues to limp back to base*

*Jeremiah clicks the receiver of his walkie talkie*

H-Hello anyone there...uh...over?

My name is Jeremiah Walban, I'm an American.

Is anyone out there?

*Jeremiah releases the receiver*

Edited by Play3rFTW
shush!

Sign in to follow this