Server time (UTC): 2019-12-07, 23:06 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Flashy

People are too trusting

1 hour ago, APureGamer said:

Its all about peoples OOC mindset. Everyone is so reliant on the rules that they feel protected just running up to someone. Just a few minutes ago I met a few people in Stary and one in NW. They all just ran up to me. I actually backed up because a couple got so close. For me this has always been a problem and I don't see it changing. 

exactly that's all I'm sayin, less ruleplay more roleplay. 

I see both sides of the argument, but what it comes down to for me is what my character im playing is like, how long I've had them, what they've been through (The story you said makes sense, but not everyone has been tortured or back stabbed or is scrapping by barely surviving.) It's different people different strokes. Honestly it would be quite dull if everyone was a distant weirdo that didn't want to talk to anyone.

Just now, LewellynMoss said:

I see both sides of the argument, but what it comes down to for me is what my character im playing is like, how long I've had them, what they've been through (The story you said makes sense, but not everyone has been tortured or back stabbed or is scrapping by barely surviving.) It's different people different strokes. Honestly it would be quite dull if everyone was a distant weirdo that didn't want to talk to anyone.

okay but we're 3 years into an infection while we're usually all used to civilized life, RP wise no one is having a good time. 

Just now, Flash said:

okay but we're 3 years into an infection while we're usually all used to civilized life, RP wise no one is having a good time. 

Not necessarily. I mean, majority sure but there are plenty of people who haven't had that rough a go of it, whether it be through groups or sheer luck or whatever. Not everyone out there is a ruff gruff angry survivor who isn't wanting to talk to anyone. Besides, even if it is more realistic, lets be honest, it would be zero fun for anyone. I don't know about you, but I would prefer the happy cheery guys over a million angry people who don't want to interact (And yaknow, roleplay)

I wouldn't say too trusting, I'd just say its something people kinda have to do if you aren't a hostile rper. If everyone just played cautious and didn't interact with each other out of distrust or fear, there would be a lot less actual rp in the server because most people would be hiding away from each other. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose of playing on a multiplayer server you know?

Also my character is a pretty chill dude who actively seeks out people to either make relations with or fuck with. Running up to people and chatting shit is his thing.

It's not that you don't have to or don't want to talk to anyone, it's just from the first time you run into someone I doubt you're going to talk to them like they're your fucking neighbor like theres going to be some hesitation, then maybe you settle down, start trusting eachother more, catch some fish, make a fire, share stories. 

Just now, Flash said:

It's not that you don't have to or don't want to talk to anyone, it's just from the first time you run into someone I doubt you're going to talk to them like they're your fucking neighbor like theres going to be some hesitation, then maybe you settle down, start trusting eachother more, catch some fish, make a fire, share stories. 

And to each their own, im not trying to discredit that. I'm saying that there really is no reason for a majority or really any greater a number of people out there to be "less trusting". It would kill interaction as some people would take it as a sign to not talk to them. Also, let's not sit here and pretend that RP is realistic, I mean I love it but come on, it's more acting than it is realism and everyone acting like that would make it all dull.

Dull? I guess it really is to each their own... :/ 

S'all good I'll just continue being dull then, and the next time some frilly cunt comes up yelling hello I'll just immediately tell them to put their hands up. 

Now that's some real fun. 

15 minutes ago, Flash said:

Dull? I guess it really is to each their own... :/ 

S'all good I'll just continue being dull then, and the next time some frilly cunt comes up yelling hello I'll just immediately tell them to put their hands up. 

Now that's some real fun. 

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT THO BOY. <3  Just do you ^^

caa9050697afae64f48c9c3814f3d681.png 

Edited by Hebee

2 hours ago, Hebee said:

That's why its best to just rob every trusting cuck you see. Make them learn that way.

If the group I'm part of lacked the complexities it has, this would sum it up in a nutshell.

5 hours ago, Flash said:

you come into a town called Kabanino, you look around for infected, spot them all and their movements so you can diverge around them. You move closer....

Then you get KOS'd

I fixed your story for you to add some "realism" since it was Kab you were referring to.

But on a serious note, this has been a common complaint for a while and on the opposite side there have been people wondering why everyone they ran into was an asshole immediately.  Sometimes it is because they are new to the server and RP in general, so it is their lack of experience causing them to do this (admittedly some people do just play characters like this), if you want to have less chance of them "breaking your immersion" as you claim, then help out the community as a whole and  just deal with it in game.  Here are some things that you could potentially do:

• Be super friendly back and lead them into a trap (my favourite tbh);
  • Accuse them of only being friendly because they want to lead you into a trap or lead you into a false sense of security;
  • Call them on an obvious pulse check ("what the fuck is wrong with you, did you just try to sniff/kiss/pickpocket/touch/etc me?");
  • *whisper something along the lines of "SHHHHHHHHH, the infected will hear you, I don't wanna end up lunch for those things, how are even still alive?" or something else that might make them think about the situation.
  • make a big deal about how you found the shop first and they can go search somewhere else because nobody can afford to be charitable these days.

Whenever I try to act untrusting, I always get people yelling at me "WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU HIDING FROM ME" Like.. duh.. it's like... the end of the world???

Either that or I / We get labeled as not liking anyone else's RP and that we're hiding away because we're not out there like other groups.
Can't ever do it right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Phoenix

14 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Whenever I try to act untrusting, I always get people yelling at me "WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU HIDING FROM ME" Like.. duh.. it's like... the end of the world???

This shit. All the goddamn time.

Anytime I ever show a shred of being nervous or uncomfortable because a dude wearing a plate carrier and carrying an AKM drum mag and his buddies who are dressed similarly all have their guns out and surround me, I get practically interrogated and ridiculed.

I remember one scenario in particular.

Ran through Kabanino and heard folks talking up ahead. Decided to go around them because I didn't want to encounter "The Triangle Thrift Store Special". They caught me running through the apple trees and had seven guys surround me. Went "Ah shit" as they did so.

Immediately got surrounded even closer, genuinely unable to move, "Why're you saying oh shit? Do you have something to hide? Are you afraid of us? Why are you trying to avoid us? Are you with any group?". I feel people like this do it on purpose because they're itching for someone to initiate or act hostile/irritated so they have an excuse to initiate.

Luckily that's no longer the norm. Thank God.

@isocade I mean if that happens just be honest, say you don't trust people, especially large groups, if they end up initiating then they'll either realize you aren't worth their time or if you are just go with it and enjoy the hostile RP. You get what you give, so if you're salty you're losing your gear or whatever ( which you shouldn't be worried about) and you provide salty RP it won't be fun for anyone. But if you go with the hostile RP and try to enjoy it, which honestly most the hostile groups out there right now provide good hostile rp, then everyone will have a good time. 

and also, most the time me and my group go around initiating on randoms, if they give good rp we won't take their gear like 9/10 times. Unless we actually need it.

Edited by Flash

INTRUSION!!!!!

It's been three years, people are used to the zombie hordes, so much that they are familiar with their behaviour patterns and treat them no differently than predictable obstacles that need to be smacked once and a while. Credible role players are ignorant to expiration dates and take it as just a shitty food source in-between the  credible food source of wolf/deer and cow stake and of course FARMED FOOD! 

Others who are less impressive on the scavenge scene hunt other people to give credibility to their evilness... bla bla bla, you get the idea, everything explained... people are tribal now, you either make friends or alternatively go to war and wait till either one settlement is wiped out over ego/pride/personal gain or are alternatively SUBJUGATED..

Human nature, just with zombies <3

Edited by Tony

@Tony I'm having trouble with figuring out what that has to do with my main point?

Edited by Flash

Wish I'd recorded it... but me and @King when I RP'd with his new character. Perfect example of proper untrust from one side, and a cautious friendliness from the other side. 
It needs to be done more. If someone is overly friendly with my character I will always try and me the party that is untrustworthy... "You have to either be a mad bastard or up to something shady if you are that friendly in an age like this..." sort of line of thinking. 

More people who act like it if the other person doesn't, the more people will do it, the less immersion breaking it will be :D

Can't change the person, change the way you act to influence the other person... :D 

Edited by The Traveler

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

@Tony I'm having trouble with figuring out what that has to do with my main point?

Okay, let me break it down. It has been as you said... three years. Finding supplies should be a minor interest right now compared to creating supplies either through crafting or farming said supplies. The fact we wear old times clothes and eat canned food is through one thing... convenience. There should be hostility because after years that is all people have known, but after time has passed there is a choice... either learn to talk or die in the shower of gunfire different groups subject each other to. We are all TRIBAL.... as in tribes, the groups are tribes! Just like before the civilisation we know.

You avoid people and what happens? You avoid them and they frickin shoot you because you, if not seen as someone that is a benefit... then they are a threat. Simple. Fact is history proves this was the approach. If you're not a friend you are an enemy. Talk or die bla bla bla.... old fashion politics. 

Our own history is riddled by this before the comforts of TV or the internet, or even before any form of external communication... human nature has always been thus... us vs them.

The issues faced are those that still face this as a game, that cannot immerse themselves. Shoot first, ask questions later... that I get... trust should be hard to come by HOWEVER, it should not be something that should not be tested because without it there is only distrust and distrust equals possible death.

Edited by Tony

Thanks for the breakdown Charles Darwin, but you're still not really answering my main point, I mean sort of but in a really like round-about and confusing way. 

When you initially meet someone, it wouldn't make sense to just run up and immediately trust them and scream hello. 

Trust is hard to come by, because there is the fear of death, and the fear of death is the most immersion you're going to get out of this game.

But all that fear is immediately tossed out the window when you get some dude sprinting up to you asking how you're doing.

I mean sure, he might be rping some crazy motherfucker who's trying to lure you into a trap to skin you alive and eat you

but 9/10 times it's some idiot who thinks this is club penguin where you come to meet new people and mingle.

Also, you don't just get killed for avoiding people, you get killed if someone initiates and you don't comply.

and usually people initiate because they A) Need supplies or B) think you've got something to do with a group they don't like. 

If you don't meet either of those 2 criteria, or if option A isn't a worry of theirs, they'll usually just let you go.  At least from my past experiences. 

Now obviously there are exceptions to this with certain groups who have their own agendas, like the clowns for instance. 

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Thanks for the breakdown Charles Darwin, but you're still not really answering my main point, I mean sort of but in a really like round-about and confusing way. 

When you initially meet someone, it wouldn't make sense to just run up and immediately trust them and scream hello. 

Trust is hard to come by, because there is the fear of death, and the fear of death is the most immersion you're going to get out of this game.

But all that fear is immediately tossed out the window when you get some dude sprinting up to you asking how you're doing.

I mean sure, he might be rping some crazy motherfucker who's trying to lure you into a trap to skin you alive and eat you

but 9/10 times it's some idiot who thinks this is club penguin where you come to meet new people and mingle.

Also, you don't just get killed for avoiding people, you get killed if someone initiates and you don't comply.

and usually people initiate because they A) Need supplies or B) think you've got something to do with a group they don't like. 

If you don't meet either of those 2 criteria, or if option A isn't a worry of theirs, they'll usually just let you go.  At least from my past experiences. 

Now obviously there are exceptions to this with certain groups who have their own agendas, like the clowns for instance. 

Well, Charle Darwin accusations aside, I can say this... I abide by what you're saying, but it is impossible to hold others to this, because for one, if you did... it would all be the same. You cannot force people how to act, even in this world. Still, with that said I do understand where you are coming from and I pose only one question...

This is your question, and whilst yes a lot of it makes sense dependant on the character... how would -you- address it? Besides this report of course. Generally whenever I bring up a point, I bring up an ultimatum.  What is yours?

Edited by Tony

I have no ultimatum, talking about it will hopefully open the minds of people so they can see my side of it. But other than that I'll just have to do a better job of dealing with it in game, Dustup had some good ideas that I'll probably use. 

1 hour ago, Dustup said:

Here are some things that you could potentially do:

• Be super friendly back and lead them into a trap (my favourite tbh);
  • Accuse them of only being friendly because they want to lead you into a trap or lead you into a false sense of security;
  • Call them on an obvious pulse check ("what the fuck is wrong with you, did you just try to sniff/kiss/pickpocket/touch/etc me?");
  • *whisper something along the lines of "SHHHHHHHHH, the infected will hear you, I don't wanna end up lunch for those things, how are even still alive?" or something else that might make them think about the situation.
  • make a big deal about how you found the shop first and they can go search somewhere else because nobody can afford to be charitable these days.

But other than that hopefully people will begin to see the error of their ways, but there is no need for an ultimatum, I don't even know how one could be formed. Provide better fear rp or get banned? lmao. I mean 9/10 times I don't make friends with randoms that I find because I have no need, I've got my group of homies that I trust, and frankly most people I run into these days just cringe me the fuck out, especially the people that are overly-friendly. 

I'd love to run into someone who had a bit of fear, I'd probably end up befriending them, but most times I try to be cautious they get offended and leave lmao. Or their friends come up from behind and initiate which I have no problems with so long as the rp is good.

I completely agree. Thing is that I learned is that technically raising your gun at someone and saying "Who are you?" or something realistic like that is TECHNICALLY an initiation, and 90% of this server are a bunch of triggerhappy fucks looking for pvp. They can't accept that THAT is how someone would approach a situation. 

I cannot agree with you enough bro, everything you have said is extremely true and I hope people listen to this. 

6 hours ago, Hebee said:

That's why its best to just rob every trusting cuck you see. Make them learn that way.

If this isnt SCUM's motto can you make it that? 

<3:D

22 minutes ago, ComradeAxel said:

If this isnt SCUM's motto can you make it that? 

<3:D

@Mexi 

I'm afraid to be more aggressive because nearly every single time I've done so, people found some caveat in the rules that made what I did against the rules. I don't want to have to OOCly defend my every action or risk getting banned. I want to play the damn game and roleplay, not fiddle around with a forum every night because someone doesn't like what I did or said. This is the kind of community where you can get a strike just for saying something in a thread that didn't need to be there, even though someone else coaxed that answer out of you.

Things are strict here. And if you're a nobody, as I am, you play it safe. Or you risk a permaban for a moment's lack of judgment. Much better to keep your head down in the forums, and create characters that hopefully fly under the radar on the servers.

Either you have a posse that can back you up, or you ride solo and hope you don't offend anyone lest you lose your place in the server.