Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 18:31
Sign in to follow this  
jamicadas22

Any way I can play music and talk in-game?

I used a cellphone last time to play some instrumental jazz but the music sounds bad and muffled, like when I talk through a gas mask, I tried virtual mix but I can't talk in-game through my microphone, so most of the time I type out so I can talk to people. Any alternatives that can keep the music quality while I can still talk in-game?

Hello @jamicadas22,

Personally what I do when I want to play music in game, is I use the in game radio. In your situation with the muffling, using the radio could be better immersion. Muffled music through an old radio sounds pretty neat as well, and makes more sense than clear sound. You could do something like this for playing the music through the radio:

*he would take a handheld radio from his pocket and play with the frequency knob until music begins the play*

Anyway, that's just my two cents on the matter, hope this helps and remember to check the answer that helped you the most!

Playing through your phone also allows you to pause the music and speak in game without any problems. This is just my experience.

You can use an external speaker as I do with my JBL Flip 3. Just play the music through your mobile device while connected by bluetooth. Place your phone a little far from your mic also.

Yes you can, there is a way to do this with help of extra programs. I dont have time today but I will get around hopefully tommorow on how to do it ;)

Playing it trough the phone should be just fine since like Brady said u can pause it whenever u want... I used to play it trough the phone but the problem that i had was the sound so i always had to ask people over ts if its too loud.

Do you mean play it through your mic IG or just play music whilst playing?

Hello @jamicadas22,

I have done a little bit of research since my last response and I dont believe there is any program that you can use to play music through with also having the option to use your microphone. Unless @RedSky has a program that has worked for him, than I dont believe there will be any option other than just using the phone through the microphone. The option that I gave you in my first response is probably your best route to take, even though the sound may come through muffled. If Redsky does not provide a program that could work within the next couple of days, than I recommend taking any of the options that the community members have offered. Make sure to check the answer that has helped you the most!

Aight I AM SO SORRY, that I am late I dont even have the time to write the guide myself. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, im going to link the video in where I first found this technique.

You are going to be using a software internal soundboard, combined with a software internal sound mixer to combine both of them as one audio device and then basicly select that audio device as your microphone for ingame.

@Brady, @jamicadas22

I hope that helps for in the future aswell, and yet again I am sorry for being so late.