Server time: 2018-10-17, 17:15
Sign in to follow this  
Tyran

Failed to reply to POV post.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: It is fair since I failed to reply to the report in time.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I never thought I'd be called for report, hence why I didn't check the site, but I understand my punishment for not replying.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Remove the tempban placed on my account

What could you have done better?: Checked the site shortly after closing the game.

My POV of the situation: I logged in on the blue medical bulding on the hill at Stary, not 3 minutes go by, when I hear shots and I assume there must be people in the area, my character, being the friendly type, decides to go and see if he can help out in any way, I found the first guy (I don't remember his name) in front of the garages down the road from the building. I say hello and ask if he has any friends to which he responds yes. I saw he had an AKS, and I had one in my vest too, so I asked him if he needed ammo or attachments for it, he said he had enough ammo but I still gave him a silencer. After a bit of friendly and patchy chatter (I could easily tell he was in TS with someone else since he would stop talking for awkward amounts of time) one of his friends, the one with the M4 comes by and says hello, I could sense an aggressive tone in his voice which instantly led me to think "That's it, I'm getting robbed." The first guy with the AKS I met seemed really interested in the Mosin I had on my back, and I asked if he had anything to trade for it, which his M4 friend seemed very pretentious and said that they don't really feel like trading, and if I could consider a donation (didn't really sound friendly at all). I insisted to trade (which would've been the better decision for them if they had to leave soon and had enough gear to trade for my mosin.)

I also suggested that if he didn't want to trade, there were a lot of Mosins laying around, as it is a common weapon. (My character is really attached to that Mosin since it is the first gun he actually learned to shoot)

By now the third friend came by and everything turned a little bit toned down and aggressive, weird patchy chatter which led me to believe they were planning something on TeamSpeak. And then, he insists one more time that I GIVE it to them, to which I said "I don't think I can just give it to you", and started running.

Not even a second after I started running I hear the man yell "alright get on the fucking ground buddy." which really didn't take long for them to initiate on me, and they were going to do so anyway, so I don't believe when they say they didn't want to rob me. After I ran past a couple of houses, I acted on adrenaline and decided to take on one of them, the guy on the M4, since I could easily attack back, but my FPS died and when it comes back to normal I am already dead.

I understand the cause of my death and it was a mistake for my character's life, but in no way do I feel like did Bad RP, since the roleplay they were offering was bad enough with the patchy chatter and uninterested talk.

Edited by Tyran
Formatting and added POV

Please include your POV of the situation in the appeal.

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

Please include your POV of the situation in the appeal.

Done

Edited by Tyran

You can actually. 

Your temp ban has been removed. We will review this case and give a judgement in due time. Thanks for finally providing us with your POV. 

And by the way, don't bump your appeal. We don't like that and it won't help your case. 

Oh, I didn't know that, sorry.

Thanks for the help!

Verdict: @Tyran no value for life (NVFL): GUILTY

Explanation: 

We as staff have looked at all sides of the evidence provided and have come to a conclusion regarding this case.

@Tyran, you were being strong armed by the report OP and his allies for your gun. You did not want to give it and decided to run. Shortly after you started running you get initiated on, as seen here. You continue to keep running from 3, later 4, hostiles. At 00:14 in the video ,provided by @Kyle_Jones, you decide to fight back. You knew you were outgunned and outnumbered 4 to 1. The odds of you surviving a direct fight versus 4 people with little cover is minimal. If you had valued your life and complied to the given demands, the roleplay could have continued. You ended it abruptly by not complying. 

You should always value your life, as stated in the rules:

• 5.6 Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage and threatened with death if you don't stop. 

with the above stated, the following applies: 

Outcome: @Tyran - no value for life (NVFL) [GUILTY] - 3 day ban + 10 points

Verdict by @Spartan & @Lyca