Server time (UTC): 2019-06-19, 11:56
Sign in to follow this  
jamicadas22

Stary Yar KoS report

Server and location:  S1 EU, North side of Stary Yar

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  (roughly) 11:00PM - 30/4/2017

Your in game name: Anavel Gato

Names of allies involved: Fred Spade

Name of suspect/s: iBstoneyDave (I asked the name from an admin after I died)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events :  Me and Spade were going to a boxing match, when suddenly, without warning Spade was shot and I was also shot afterwards by an unknown assailant. We never saw the shooter, but luckily I recorded the incident.

Edited by jamicadas22
putting the translated version back

Hit Logs:
00:26:28 | "Fred Spade has fallen into unconsciousness. HARD HIT Total S::12127.6"
00:26:28 | "Dave Stone SHOT Fred Spade  by AKM into Head."
00:26:43 | "Dave Stone SHOT Anavel Gato  by AKM into Head."

Death Logs:

00:26:43 | Player "Anavel Gato" has been killed by player "Dave Stone"

Connection Logs:

00:21:30 | Player "Fred Spade" is connected 
KIA

21:35:17 | Player "Dave Stone" is connected 
Server Restart
01:04:42 | Player "Dave Stone" is connected 
02:01:16 | Player "Dave Stone" has been disconnected

00:16:42 | Player "Anavel Gato" is connected 
KIA

These people show in the logs:

@jamicadas22 - Anavel Gato | @Spade - Fred spade  | @iBstoneyDave - Dave Stone

Please list all of your alias involved in this event along with your POV's and any unedited footage of the events.

@jamicadas22 Your video has been edited please post an unedited version alongside the one you currently have, thank you.

We were speaking with our native language earlier which is why I edited it to provide a translation, if you want a raw version then I will upload it later.

12 minutes ago, jamicadas22 said:

We were speaking with our native language earlier which is why I edited it to provide a translation, if you want a raw version then I will upload it later.

Yes please, logs need fixing, give me just a sec error on my part.

Logs are correct now but looking at them I would like to ask @Spade a question. Did you run back to stary yar after this situation?

I was taking cover in the log cabin to the north east of the settlement, watching debug for more hostiles after the rest of the 101 was fired upon by the former members of the saviours and their associates.

The two men who ran back into the settlement after previously being directed to run away from it due to the firefight, decided to come back in despite the shots only having stopped moments before.

I spotted them running in, from the north east. It appeared as a flanking move from my perspective. Since there was still a lot of confusion going on from the others getting shot, and since there was a hostile sniper still present somewhere in the north near debug I made a split second judgement that it was at least possible these guys were backing him up.

I opened fire with my AKM, I was aiming for upper body not head as can be seen with @Spade as he was not actually killed. More on that in a moment. However after he went down the man in blue who I now know was @jamicadas22 ran back towards him and was obscured from my view by a yellow tree/bush. So I popped a couple of shots into it, not knowing he was dead for quite some time after.

Nobody else from the 101 was involved with this shooting (apart from general radio chatter) until this point as I was holding down the north east section by myself. So  if it's all the same to the staff I see no reason to call in the entire 101 present in settlement as they did not witness anything.

After a few moments of no movement by @jamicadas22 from behind the bush I called out on the radio that I was going to push out (mostly due to the sniper still being present in the north west debug area and shooting at the others)

At this point @MoTaVa and @Mr Anon were also pushing up to try and get the sniper. @MoTaVa pushed to where @jamicadas22 was last seen by me and I ran out to cover him. We saw both men lying on the ground and presumed they were dead. We then swept the north west tree line with @Mr Anon until we determined the sniper had fled. At which point we returned to the settlement.

Just as I passed the bodies @Spade scared the shit out of me by jumping up and running north. I called it out on the radio and told him to get on the ground with his hands up. He complied and explained he had been shot, we got him to drop his pack and weapons and brought him to the piano house and patched him up. We questioned him for a bit until we determined he was not part of the dynamic group attacking us. We apologised and released him.

Unfortunately he was shot by a third party, presumably the sniper who killed our members as he left the settlement. The sniper had no reason to believe this man was a member of the 101 as he was led into our compound at gun point while bleeding. And left without his gear.

EDIT: I just rewatched the video with a proper screen and audio (I previously replied from my phone) and have noticed that they were looking around for people in what is presumabely an attempt to sneak into the settlement. You can also hear at around 0:32 that one of them says "maybe lets not take the risk". Clearly they knew they were walking into an active firefight in a potentially hostile settlement situation. This is a clear display of NVFL as they knew from earlier that both the 101 and the potential agressors heavily outnumbered them. Please add NVFL for both @Spade and @jamicadas22 to this report.

Edited by iBstoneyDave

hello sorry for late reply. i was trying to run away fast from stary yar after being unconscious for couple of minutes but suddenly @iBstoneyDave  shouted and said "get on the ground" and i complied, ordered me to drop my stuff while i was still bleeding after the gunshot i've took. After my compliance to them, one of the members of the settlement offered me to get back to the settlement for medical attention with of course the assist of one member as he brought me to piano house and patched me there. They were asking a couple of questions to me regarding of what happened in stary yar and i answered them honestly and told them that i was not one of those people who attacked the settlement. Soon after, they told me that "you may go now and run away of this settlement" since they thought that they might get attacked again and they cannot guarantee my safety there. i walk away until i have reached the main entrance of the settlement to exit. And there, i got killed outside of the main entrance which @iBstoneyDave said so that it was a third party who killed me. 

10 hours ago, jamicadas22 said:

Snip 

Keep the translation one in + this one.

Here is my video from the incident. AMD Relive is still a little buggy for me the quality sucks and it's out of sync.

As you can see from the video the two boys were running straight into the settlement just after three of us were killed. I initially believed I had killed the @Spade but not @jamicadas22 which was in fact the opposite of what happend. I didn't instant replay us later capturing and releasing @Spade as he had no weapon in his hands and I recognised him as the first person I shot and knew he would be injured (and therefore wasn't threatened) when he regained consciousnes but he's already corroborated what I said.

I suggest calling in the 3rd party sniper who shot @Spade (as he left the settlement) into this report to explain his actions.

Permission to upload a 10 minute video(with translation) just to show we were there just see that boxing match without any ill intent. Me and @Spade were waiting on queue for a bout an hour just to log in and see this boxing match, unfortunately we never made it(I did but I kept on getting disconnected so I had to wait on queue again) When I met Spade outside of Stary Yar, we heard gunfire and a survivor heading towards us yelling that we should run away. We ran to the outskirts of the town and circled around on the eastern part. After the shots were gone, I told @Spade that the firefight might be over so I told him to keep moving to stay yar without any guns so we wouldn't be seen as a threat then show him  where the boxing match happened. The events that happened after is on the video. We never thought about sneaking in and was unaware of the firefight still going on.

Regarding @iBstoneyDave's assumption about the "let's not take the risk" part, we were talking about stealing the bags that was left at the boxing ring, I told @Spade not risk it because it would be stupid to lose 101's neutral relationship with us as merchants if we get caught. 

Edited by jamicadas22

Just now, jamicadas22 said:

Permission to upload a 10 minute video(with translation) just to show we were there just see that boxing match without any ill intent. Me and @Spade were waiting on queue for a bout an hour just to log in and see this boxing match, unfortunately we never made it(I did but I kept on getting disconnected so I had to wait on queue again) When I met Spade outside of Stary Yar, we heard gunfire and a survivor heading towards us yelling that we should run away. We ran to the outskirts of the town and circled around on the eastern part. After the shots were gone, I told @Spade that the firefight might be over so I told him to keep moving to stay yar without any guns so we wouldn't be seen as a threat then show him the where the boxing match happened. The events that happened after is on the video. We never thought about sneaking in and was unaware of the firefight still going on.

Regarding @iBstoneyDave's assumption about the "let's not take the risk" part, we were talking about stealing the bags that was left at the boxing ring, I told @Spade not risk it because it would be stupid to lose 101's neutral relationship with us as merchants if we get caught. 

Your intentions unfortunately are not relevant in these circumstances. I am not a mind reader and you admitted knowing there was a firefight, hearing the gunfire and being told to run away by a fleeing survivor. But you decided to go in anyway, displaying clear NVFL. You took a risk and paid the price and instead of taking it on the chin like you should have you immeadietly started talking about making a report, even while your friend was still alive.

To the admins, as I said I would like to request you look at these two for NVFL and possibly bring in the sniper who killed @Spade as it was not right for him to do so. However I've said my piece and provided my evidence. I don't see any point in replying to either @Spade or @jamicadas22 anymore. If you need anything else from me then please let me know.

10 hours ago, jamicadas22 said:

Permission to upload a 10 minute video(with translation)

Uploaded everything you have of the events that lead up to this report, one that contains the translation so we can understand it and a raw version

I had to cut this to 4 minutes because the other 6 minutes would be me sitting on the rock before this happened...which I think is a waste of time. I will upload the RAW version later, sorry I have to attend to my bartending classes today. I hope this clears the misunderstanding about sneaking in the settlement

Edited by jamicadas22

Verdict:
@iBstoneyDave [Invalid kill - on sight]: Not Guilty
                             [Invalid kill - firefight]: Guilty
@jamicadas22 [NVFL]: Guilty
@Spade [NVFL]: Guilty

Explanation:
To recap the situation @jamicadas22 and @Spade decide to visit the 101 compound to trade after the event that had just been hosted there. Upon arriving they are greeted by a man screaming at them to run as there were people shooting in town. The two run away with the man for a little bit before deciding to try to go through the back, suddenly Spade is shot down and soon jamicadas22 follows.

@jamicadas22 & @Spade As seen in the video provided you, both are warned of an ongoing firefight that was happening in the 101 compound, however, instead of leaving you go around the outskirts of town and try entering from the back with your guns holstered. From there you are shot by @iBstoneyDave. When someone warns you of a firefight that is still going on the best thing to do is leave the area and return at a later time. Going into a situation with the knowledge you could be shot is not valuing your characters life. Even if you both pose no threat whatsoever and have no weapons out there is still the possibility of you being shot and, just because you look like you pose no threat, does not mean you are untouchable. You both will be receiving a NVFL punishment for the following rule:

• 5.6 Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage and threatened with death if you don't stop.

@iBstoneyDave Once you saw the two heading into the settlement you call out over your radio that you’ve spotted hostiles and then began to shoot at them; you end up knocking Spade unconscious and killing Jamicadas22. Had there not have been a firefight previous to you shooting Jamicadas22 and Spade this would have been seen as an Invalid kill on sight. However, the firefight was still going on, so due to shooting your targets without properly identifying them first, you will be receiving a punishment for invalidly killing @jamicadas22 during a firefight.

• Kill on Sight means killing another player without any role play interaction or IC justification. Always confirm your targets in game - if uncertain about a players identity it's better to hold fire than to risk a KoS.

Outcome:
@iBstoneyDave [Invalid kill - on sight]: No punishment
                             [Invalid kill - firefight]: 2 days & 5 points
@jamicadas22 [NVFL]: 3 days & 10 points
@Spade [NVFL]: 3 days & 10 points

Verdict by: @Jade & @Elmo