Server time: 2017-08-21, 02:40

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Gleeballs

Norton antivirus keeps removing the launcher

Question

Norton antivirus keeps removing the launcher when I try to run it saying the risk is high because obviously not many people use this launcher and it doesn't recognise it, I can't figure out how to allow it.

6 answers to this question

Sidewinder    1

I had the same problem... Once Norton has deleted it once it won't download it again... you will have to use the dayz commander way mate :)

I had the same problem... Once Norton has deleted it once it won't download it again... you will have to use the dayz commander way mate :)

Stupid Norton, don't know why I have it tbh

Cheers though mate, I tried just now but its max players on both of the Chernarus Servers -__-

Rel    0

Norton is the only antivirus to believe that the launcher is a virus. This is because Norton generally works by stopping the user from downloading any launcher files (as many computer illiterate people who use Norton will download files and run them from any advertising website they find). This is a very piss-poor method of actually blocking viruses, which is why Norton is so bad at it.

I would recommend you look into getting Avast!/AVG/Kapersky and Malwarebytes/Spybot for virus and malware protection (They are all free).

Norton is the only antivirus to believe that the launcher is a virus. This is because Norton generally works by stopping the user from downloading any launcher files (as many computer illiterate people who use Norton will download files and run them from any advertising website they find). This is a very piss-poor method of actually blocking viruses, which is why Norton is so bad at it.

I would recommend you look into getting Avast!/AVG/Kapersky and Malwarebytes/Spybot for virus and malware protection (They are all free).

yeah I will do cheers

Also is the Dayz commander way just making sure it looks at the DayZRP directory and typing the password?

Pickles    0

Same thing happened to me with Norton. Try re-downloading and when the file is instantly removed there should be a "more info" button somewhere (or something like that). Click it and look through the tabs/options and there should be an option to restore the file. I did a little while ago so I can't remember everything but that should work.

Same thing happened to me with Norton. Try re-downloading and when the file is instantly removed there should be a "more info" button somewhere (or something like that). Click it and look through the tabs/options and there should be an option to restore the file. I did a little while ago so I can't remember everything but that should work.

yeah I looked for that and it isn't there, the only option is remove from history, restore should be under that but it isn't