Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 23:22 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alex

DayZSA Namalsk

2 minutes ago, Randle said:

PVP it's great

but that's frowned upon here.

What is this pvp you speak off?

I loved the underground bunker on this map, they should add stuff like that in Chernarus. More than the tiny underground area in Tisy at least..

Namalsk is aight. 

I prefer Lingor or Panthera. Now that would be fun. 

Also for anyone who might want to check it out some people have already ported Namalsk over to DayzSA and are running it on servers you just have to find the servers which can be the tricky part! If you don't believe me here is a video of it on a Russian server with some other ported Arma 3 content on it. Video

Tbh looking forward to try any other map then Chernarus on SA. I like the map but change would be nice :)

Namalsk was alright but I always found it to be a little small, I have always loved Panthera. Such a good map. It was the first map I ever played for the DAYZ mod, it had basebuilding, settlements where you could trade, it was AMAZING.

I like this, it should be implemented +1.

oh boy endless hours spent on namalsk since it was released back then

the roleplay can be decenton that map, even if its small.

Edited by Benavides

I still remember when the DayZ devs said they planned to include all of chernarus in standalone (not just south zagoria), and how they intended for players to be able to get to Utes in the original plan. Oh well.

Honestly, I'm not gonna hold my breath. Once this game opens up to modding, the modders are whats going to fix this game and make it really enjoyable. I especially look forward to what DayZRP specific modders can do. However, I've lost all faith in future creations by the Devs.

8 hours ago, Phatal said:

I still remember when the DayZ devs said they planned to include all of chernarus in standalone (not just south zagoria), and how they intended for players to be able to get to Utes in the original plan. Oh well. 

This isn't the only map planned by the dev team for beta. The reason this is the main one is because the official mod tester for Bohemia is the guy who made it, and he decided to redo the whole map for standalone. 

There's probably a good chance there's more maps and map additions we don't know about. 

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

This isn't the only map planned by the dev team for beta. The reason this is the main one is because the official mod tester for Bohemia is the guy who made it, and he decided to redo the whole map for standalone. 

There's probably a good chance there's more maps and map additions we don't know about. 

I'm referring to the promise that the dev team made back when the first game released, when they intended to have all of chernarus (the entire country) playable, as well as utes. However, the devs decided that that simply wasn't doable around a year and a half after.

Like I said, I really only have faith in the modders at this point. The dev team have broken way too many promises/promised way too many things that never happened for me to get my hopes up. 

I remember Namalsk from back in the mod days, let's hope they make it just as cold and unforgiving as it was back then. I'd love to see tiny fires dotted around the landscape as we all attempt to warm ourselves to stop from dying due to hypothermia ten minutes into spawning.

On a unrelated note, though. They already laid out the current path for the coming patches. Seeing as this most likely won't be until 0.64 or after 0.63 beta release, I'm not getting my hype up for another year or two. Would be nice, though.

Taviana was my favourite mod map, but that said I never really played Namalsk.
Honestly if I could have any map on Standalone it would be Tanoa. Tropical island that is basically Fiji. It makes sense IG to have so many foreigners/tourist's there.

I have a feeling though if we changed the servers to a different map it would never last, and they would switch back to Chernarus, despite it being boring as fuck.

Ahh this would be beautiful.  Chernarus is classic but Namalsk, Tavi, Panthera, Utes any other map would be nice.  We can't stay on Chernarus forever lol.

Ohhhhhhh Namalsk looks sexy as hell hope they have Tavi as well xD

Namalsk has always been my favorite map for Arma. While it may not be practical for rp, I'd love to see it on Standalone. 

Namalsk is my third fav map, after thirsk and Napf. 

I have high hopes of Namalsk. The big questions are, will they add bloodsuckers?

Can not wait for this.

On 9/5/2017 at 9:55 PM, Babyface said:

Namalsk is my third fav map, after thirsk and Napf. 

I have high hopes of Namalsk. The big questions are, will they add bloodsuckers?

Can not wait for this.

They probably won't as they focus on campfire items, don't worry though pal. When Namalsk arrives, mods will already be here. Modders will handle the rest, I'm excited myself.

Edited by Benavides

Might be nice to have that map with the lore wipe, not sure. Never played the Mod so I don't know much about it.

Issue with Namalsk is, it was perfect for PVP due to the mapsize.. RP, probably not so much but it's a possibility! 

1 minute ago, Mexi said:

Issue with Namalsk is, it was perfect for PVP due to the mapsize.. RP, probably not so much but it's a possibility! 

Exactly. Would make for some amazing RPPVP.

8 hours ago, Mexi said:

Well, for RP, you don't have to sprint for ages.

Also, I thought you liked pvp? ;) 

While I do share some concern for what people are saying about this maps' size, let us not forget how much devs have increased the size of Chernarus as well as adding more 'filling' to its interior. Even though Namalsk is surrounded by water on all sides; I have faith that they will be able to give it a significantly larger feel as they did with this one.

Also rip any form of lore and immersion if they decide to bring back the Namalsk Alien :ph34r:

As someone who hasn't played the mod too much, I don't know fully how great this map is but judging by all the comments it was very popular. 

This would bring some fresh new rp and whole new map for DayZSA players to play on. (I wouldn't l get my hopes up bc we don't know when the beta will come out)

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN ANY PICTURES! HYPE!