Server time: 2017-10-22, 11:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

New Item Ideas

I was just thinking of ways to add variety to the game without significantly increasing mod size, and I believe I heard someone mention that it's possible to add copies of existing weapons and change the stats on them without incurring overhead provided additional models aren't needed. Most of the variants I'm listing below wouldn't require new models, while some would require slight modifications to existing models.

Items in green don't need new models, while those in yellow would.

Weapons

Lee Enfield Straight Pull

Essentially just a Lee Enfield with an increased rate of fire, somewhat approaching the Winchester. Obviously, because of the increased effectiveness in combat, this weapon would be a lot more rare than the standard Enfield.

Scoped Enfield

Just like it says. Identical stats to the standard Lee Enfield, but with a 6x civilian-style hunting scope. Uses the Lee Enfield model modified with a hunting scope.

Scopeless CZ-550

A CZ-550 without a scope on it, but with iron sights instead. Uses the CZ-550 model with the scope removed and (if necessary) iron sights added.

Mossburg 500 Shotgun

A civilian pump 12ga hunting shotgun with wood furniture and no flashlight attachment. Functions identical to the Remington 870 in all other respects.

AR-15

Civilian version of the M16. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M16A2 model.

AR-15 CCO

Civilian version of the M4. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M4A3 CCO model.

AR-15 ACOG

Civilian version of the M6. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M16A2 ACOG model.

Flare Gun

A pistol that fires GP-25 flares. I'm not sure if it's possible to restrict what would basically be a "grenade launcher" to only firing GP-25 flares and smoke and not allowing it to chamber HE grenades, but if possible, it could be a handy item.

Consumables

Trauma Kit

A rare item that can occasionally be found at hospitals. Looks like a first-aid kit. It is essentially all of the medical items in a single item and takes up two slots. When used, it simultaneously applies a blood bag, morphine, painkiller, and bandage to the target all at the same time. It can also be used on oneself, but doing so does not apply the blood bag effect.

Alcoholic Beverages

Beer, whiskey, vodka, and wine, all of which can be found in residential spawns and supermarkets. Consuming alcohol slightly increases thirst, slightly decreases temperature, and if consumed in large quantities, can lead to random passing out. However, while alcohol is in effect, the player cannot be affected by the "Pain" debuff and has a reduced chance of being knocked out or suffering broken legs.

Alternatively, it could just be a strictly RP item.

Miscellaneous

Currency

Something in the form of poker chips, coins, or some other item that comes in multiple denominations but is not pre-outbreak money and cannot be easily duplicated. Such currency would only be valuable among those that would accept it, but if it were introduced AND traders were able to agree on a set value for it, it might eventually lead to a functional currency.

Denominations could be in a simple format, like pieces that are worth 1, 5, 10, 20, and 100, and obviously, the higher denominations would be more rare. Players wouldn't be forced to use currency, of course, and trading would still be the main method of economy, but the option of using a somewhat rare, hard to acquire currency is tempting.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

I want all of them, plus tasers, just for those rascals at the TP.

Grizzly    0

Oh my gawd, love all these! +1!, I also think a .22 Hunting rifle/varmint would be nice, as .22's are the most common round.

Thumper    0

+1

Ive seen a few weapon packs but im sure there are such in existance. And I have seen beer as a beverage, but nothing else.

Dont need drunks running around TP..lol

Jarvis Seistt    7

Essentially just a Lee Enfield with an increased rate of fire, somewhat approaching the Winchester. Obviously, because of the increased effectiveness in combat, this weapon would be a lot more rare than the standard Enfield.

Scoped Enfield

Just like it says. Identical stats to the standard Lee Enfield, but with a 6x civilian-style hunting scope. Uses the Lee Enfield model modified with a hunting scope.

As a friend of the Enfield I approve of this!

Also, bayonets. I would not mind having one of those.

Currency

Bottle caps :D

I wonder if there would be Inflation if we could install some form of currency. You know, as if the zambehs were not enough.

DORNER    0

More silenced pistols for stealth zombie killing (considering how strong they are on this mod).

What about machetes?

Flame    0

Love it!

I think I seen a Mossburg shotgun in a Guerilla Wasteland mod/mission somewhere which might be an idea to have a look at it there and maybe get permission to use the model for DayZRP.

As for currency, the DayZ Mod, Epoch has a currency system but I don't know much about it. I do know that it involves various precious metals starting off with not so precious metals such as Tin and Aluminium, not only that but it actually has NPC vendors to purchase and sell items there etc which might be good for DayZRP if you are able to alter what can be bought and sold and tweak other things to suit the RP environment.

Found a video that explains it quite well, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3PjTRTJMAo

Powdermen    0

Weapons

Scoped Enfield

Scopeless CZ-550

A CZ-550 without a scope on it, but with iron sights instead. Uses the CZ-550 model with the scope removed and (if necessary) iron sights added.

Mossburg 500 Shotgun

A civilian pump 12ga hunting shotgun with wood furniture and no flashlight attachment. Functions identical to the Remington 870 in all other respects.

Gief!

Thumper    0

Except the Origins dev team turned their back on the modding community and will not release any of their code. To have an Origins server you have to rent it from them.

Rel    0

Weapons

Scoped Enfield

Already got something in mind for something similar

Scopeless CZ-550

AFAIK, CZ-550 has no backup iron sights (as the weapon is not intended for no optics). So I don't really see the point in this, especially considering it's damage

Mossburg 500 Shotgun

As you said, same as 870.

AR-15

Civilian version of the M16. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M16A2 model.

AR-15 CCO

Civilian version of the M4. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M4A3 CCO model.

AR-15 ACOG

Civilian version of the M6. Uses the same ammunition, but is limited to semi-automatic fire only. Uses the M16A2 ACOG model.

I've been messing with this idea for a while, but my issue is that I'd have to make them extremely rare for residential, considering how good the M4 is. I'm also thinking it would just break gameplay and render AK's "useless" in the minds of those who want more powerful weapons. It would also flood the game with more STANAG ammo

Flare Gun

A pistol that fires GP-25 flares. I'm not sure if it's possible to restrict what would basically be a "grenade launcher" to only firing GP-25 flares and smoke and not allowing it to chamber HE grenades, but if possible, it could be a handy item.

Might play with this idea

Edit: I derped

Astraal    3

the trauma kit would be worth gold for us medics, also the alcoholic beverages would be awesome since i always have a Absolute Vodka (finest vodka in Sweden) in my backpack.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Tasers should be limited to the TPD at TP or else it would just be piles of tased bodies at the TP.

And the Trauma Kits might encourage the Free Medics to trade more, not that they don't already.

Tasers should be limited to the TPD at TP or else it would just be piles of tased bodies at the TP.

And the Trauma Kits might encourage the Free Medics to trade more, not that they don't already.

Tasing would be a hostile act, so tasing someone in the TP would get you shot.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Tasing would be a hostile act, so tasing someone in the TP would get you shot.

I mean when people are committing hostile acts but do not need to be killed, just knocked out and dragged out the TP.

Dblxross    0

These are really great ideas, however....all of these new items would need models as well. Even just removing a scope or adding one takes a ridiculous amount of work. I don't have much experience with ArmA 2 custom content, but I have been getting into modeling for it as of late, and I struggle just to make simple edits to a player model. I really like the idea, but I don't think it is plausible for such a small group of people to create.

Skippy    4

I like the idea of the trauma kit, but I'd also like to be able to use it on myself and still gain some blood. Perhaps not a full heal like a bloodbag, but something around the area of 3000 blood for using it on anyone, not just yourself.

Essentially this:

Bandage, morphine, painkillers, antibiotic, 3000-6000 blood heal.

Salaltair    0

No Molotov suggestion? Fair enough.

Molotov

Made by combining 3 bandages, one can of fuel, and 3 empty whiskey bottles.

Produces 3 throwable bottles that break and play fire effects.

( Don't actually know if fire hurts in ArmA II or DayZ, or if it is possible to add a flame damage effect if it does.)

Slaxx    0

Wow Lucia, these are all great ideas. I knew from our brief talk at TP just a couple of nights ago, that you are a smart cookie ;)

Daring    0

The enfield with a faster rate of fire would need to have it's damage nerfed a bit

Other than that, all of those would be great. Maybe a few more custom bolt action rifles

kar98k?

Slaxx    0

Yeah I think if we had some form of currency that wasn't straight items it would add a little more economical approach to the game.

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

PLEASE ADD ALCHOHOL