Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:22
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

The problem with clan emblems

Major Tom    88

As you all know, not every skin supports clan emblems.

This can be a problem. The clan I'm in rolled up to TP in our Ural and parked up. I walked up and started to put some things inside and take some ammo, because I'm allowed to considering I'm in the clan.

However, because my skin doesn't show clan emblems I had a few guns pointed at me and people commanding me to back away. I don't blame them because I could well have just been any random guy. Plus, with all the voices at TP and the voices in Team Speak, it's hard to know who's talking and where so I have a feeling one day I'll be gearing up from a clan car at TP and be shot for not responding to someone, thinking I'm a thief.

I might buy another skin to avoid this. US Commander or US Team Leader maybe. In the mean time, what do you guys think about this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? Any ideas of what I can do to stop people thinking I'm a very unstealthy thief?

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Say what gun you have and what skin. I think I saw you last night when you were checking the Ural, everyone then panicked, lol.

This can be a problem. The clan I'm in rolled up to TP in our Ural and parked up. I walked up and started to put some things inside and take some ammo, because I'm allowed to considering I'm in the clan.

However, because my skin doesn't show clan emblems I had a few guns pointed at me and people commanding me to back away. I don't blame them because I could well have just been any random guy. Plus, with all the voices at TP and the voices in Team Speak, it's hard to know who's talking and where so I have a feeling one day I'll be gearing up from a clan car at TP and be shot for not responding to someone, thinking I'm a thief.

I might buy another skin to avoid this. US Commander or US Team Leader maybe. In the mean time, what do you guys think about this issue? Any ideas how to fix it? Any ideas of what I can do to stop people thinking I'm a very unstealthy thief?

You need to make sure they can identify you somehow. Choose a particular face/ glasses combo so they can recognize you?

Major Tom    88

You need to make sure they can identify you somehow. Choose a particular face/ glasses combo so they can recognize you?

You probably could have just told them you were getting some ammo.....

It wasn't my clan that was annoyed with me. I was talking to them on teamspeak and they were ok, they knew who I was and what I looked like. My clothes, weapon, etc.

It was just random people at TP who don't know I'm with them. They, of course, do the right thing and confront the thief. It becomes a problem when it's not a thief. I can't inform absolutely everyone in DayZRP what I look like and what weapon I have, so people won't know I'm in the clan unless I give them ID or tell them.

Just a bit annoying to have to stop storing my gear so I can stand up and say "no no I'm with these guys don't worry" every time I check the car.

You probably could have just told them you were getting some ammo.....

It wasn't my clan that was annoyed with me. I was talking to them on teamspeak and they were ok, they knew who I was and what I looked like. My clothes, weapon, etc.

It was just random people at TP who don't know I'm with them. They, of course, do the right thing and confront the thief. It becomes a problem when it's not a thief. I can't inform absolutely everyone in DayZRP what I look like and what weapon I have, so people won't know I'm in the clan unless I give them ID or tell them.

Just a bit annoying to have to stop storing my gear so I can stand up and say "no no I'm with these guys don't worry" every time I check the car.

"Tp heroes" *sigh*

Just voice chat and tell them or get your guys to back you up.

Thumper    0

ID yourself by typing in direct and insert skin and weapon...done until you get a skin, or all skins accept emblems.

Major Tom    88

"Tp heroes" *sigh*

Yeah, that's the usual solution. Bit annoying though when people assume you're a thief every damn time. Understandable, but annoying. Plus, because my clan know who I am they don't react to me taking things, so people think they just haven't noticed my come in and take things making me look like even more of a thief :P

"Tp heroes" *sigh*

Yeah, that's the usual solution. Bit annoying though when people assume you're a thief every damn time. Understandable, but annoying. Plus, because my clan know who I am they don't react to me taking things, so people think they just haven't noticed my come in and take things making me look like even more of a thief :P

Aye, if it is a regular occurrence I would get one of your guys to watch your back whenever you do it. Get him to lower his weapon and stand behind you to make it clear that they are aware of what you are doing.

Major Tom    88

"Tp heroes" *sigh*

Aye, if it is a regular occurrence I would get one of your guys to watch your back whenever you do it. Get him to lower his weapon and stand behind you to make it clear that they are aware of what you are doing.

Good plan. I suppose another alternative is to stand amongst them for a short while before accessing the gear, to show that I'm with them. Would suck to have to stand around for a minute or so before accessing gear just so I don't get shot, though.

Is there any possible slim slight hope of a chance that emblems will be supported on more skins ever? :(

Guest zer0darknezz   
Guest zer0darknezz

Is it really that hard to implement a huge emblem on someone's back? Or is that just going to take away from the camouflage?

Major Tom    88

Is it really that hard to implement a huge emblem on someone's back? Or is that just going to take away from the camouflage?

Considering some skins do not have camo, I think it would be fair even if it did remove camo. Besides, camo doesn't help all that much anyways. People can still see you if they look hard enough regardless of what you're wearing. I'd LOVE a big emblem on my back.

Nikolai B.    0

Camo doesn't help? are you serious?

Also, how about pressing Q and E repeatedly and yelling on TS "I AM THE GUY LEANING SIDE TO SIDE".

Or just generally, warn your friends on TS that you are going to check the gear.

Or inform your friends on TS that you are off-suite.

So many solutions that require zero effort on anyones behalf except for yourself.

Major Tom    88

I'd LOVE a big emblem on my back.

A little something like this?

http://firelitesfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/target.png

I'd be fine with it as long as it's the same for everyone else.

Camo doesn't help? are you serious?

Also, how about pressing Q and E repeatedly and yelling on TS "I AM THE GUY LEANING SIDE TO SIDE".

Or just generally, warn your friends on TS that you are going to check the gear.

Or inform your friends on TS that you are off-suite.

So many solutions that require zero effort on anyones behalf except for yourself.

Don't know if you actually ready my other comments or not, but I've already clearly stated that it's not my clan that are pointing the guns at me. It's the strangers at TP that don't know I'm with the clan because I have no emblem on me. I do announce when I'm checking the gear to my clan mates, and they're ok with it. Read my posts a bit more before being so rude, maybe?

Nikolai B.    0

Which part of my reply did you conceive as rude?

My apologies if I have misunderstood. It seems I have indeed misread one of the posts.

My apologies.

In case it's not your clan that are displeased, I would suggest turning the I-Dont-Care level to maximum, as they are powerless against you at TP, under penalty of ban.

I still don't see the problem.

Major Tom    88

Which part of my reply did you conceive as rude?

My apologies if I have misunderstood. It seems I have indeed misread one of the posts.

My apologies.

In case it's not your clan that are displeased, I would suggest turning the I-Dont-Care level to maximum, as they are powerless against you at TP, under penalty of ban.

I still don't see the problem.

The "So many solutions that require zero effort on anyones behalf except for yourself." part sounded a bit rude, but my apologies if it was not intended to be.

However, I cannot just ignore them and go about my business because some people WILL shoot, thinking they are shooting a thief. I know I can report them and maybe get my character restored, but that takes more effort than just telling them I'm with the clan every time.

Nikolai B.    0

However, reporting them to get them banned will solve the problem for the long-run, as eventually, they will be permabanned if the behavior continues.

Am I wrong?

Major Tom    88

However, reporting them to get them banned will solve the problem for the long-run, as eventually, they will be permabanned if the behavior continues.

Am I wrong?

A little. I mean, they didn't intend to KoS. They're killing someone they believe to be a thief. They shouldn't be banned for killing someone they thought was breaking rules.

ElDubya    0

Just get in the car and access the gear that way. If the TP heroes see the car owners not giving a shit, they won't either.

Major Tom    88

Just get in the car and access the gear that way. If the TP heroes see the car owners not giving a shit, they won't either.

whoa, that's actually an awesome idea. Thanks man

Dblxross    0

I was actually looking into possibly fixing this issue with the donator skins. Still working on it, will let you guys know if I get any where.

Sign in to follow this